Lloyd Nix--1957 Auburn QB

kickinwang

growing up in Decatur, i've met Mr. Nix several times. Not just a great Auburn man, but a great man in general.

btw, according to the article, he's still looking for 2 tickets to the game....

Link

(very long article so i won't paste it all here)

Very good story (which I've bookmarked). I lived at the Upper Coastal Plains Experiment Station near Winfield, AL in 1956 and 1957. Nix's hometown of Kansas, AL was a wide spot in the road between Carbon Hill and Winfield. I've never met Lloyd, but I listened to him play every game in 1957 & 1958. He was a baller with the uncanny ability to do the correct thing. A winner! Many thanks for the article!!

Lloyd and I were classmatres at Auburn and still good friends. I wrote a sports column for The Plainsman in 1957 and covered all the games, getting to know him and most of the players real well. He and I sold class rings together our senior year. The last time I talked to him I asked him how many of today's QBs were selling class rings to pick up some exrea money. He just laughed.

I grew up just a few miles from Kansas, Alabama and Mr. Nix is a huge hero to us Auburn fans from up that way.

I'm very appreciative of Dr. Nix, he and his wife have given me a scholarship each of my first three years at Auburn. I have never met them, but I am very thankful for him.

Archived