How many scholly's can bammar offer?

eagle76

Think I saw in the past few days that bammar just signed 3 juco players. I didn't think that bammar had that many seniors this year and might not be able to sign the full 25 - but we all know that little nickie will "find" a way get get all of his best players on scholly. But, can he find that much room?

Sorry, this topic should be in the recruiting section.

Now, I thought that little nickie had to do some scholly pulling for last year to fit all/most of last year's class in. This is why I'm confused on how he can keep signing big numbers but doesn't appear to have the openings.

• 4 weeks later...

A school can enroll 25 new players each year. All you have to do to stay under the 85 limit is get rid of enough low-end performers to have 25 openings.

This can be done by finding a tame doctor to put them on medical scholarship if the guy has no interest in playing more football, or help them locate a smaller school that will take them in to play. Also, 7 or 8 leave most programs over the summer every year for various reasons. That's normal attrition.

The NCAA counts noses for the 85 limit when the fall school term starts, so summer dropouts and graduates are already gone when "The Count" comes.

As an Auburn guy, I don't think we should toss too many stones at $aban for this, we could well be doing similar things in a couple of years when our numbers build up.

Archived