Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

From his FB page...

thanks soo much to all he coaches team members and alum for everything u have made my recruting time GREAT but i talkedit ove with my parents and i have cometo a conclusion of where i will be attending college

wish meluc on saturday and God bless

AU may be back in this with RichRod departing Michigan.

191161.jpg

Kris Frost, ATH

Matthews, NC

6'3 / 210 / 4.6

Offers (14+): California, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina, South Florida, Virginia and Virginia Tech, among others.

Rankings:

Rivals: 4-star, No. 39 overall prospect (Rivals250 member), No. 3 in the state of North Carolina

247Sports: 4-star, No. 90 overall prospect (The 247 member)

Scout: 4-star, No. 18 overall OLB prospect

Notes:

- Frost is listed as an Athlete but is projected to play Linebacker or Wide Receiver in college.

- Frost was invited to play in the Army All-American Bowl.

- Coach Tommy Thigpen was the lead recruiter for AU.

Kris Frost finished his junior season with five interceptions, four fumbles recovered and three fumbles caused. He says he can bench 305-pounds and squat 425.

Partial senior (4-0) stats: 10 receptions for 150 yards and no touchdowns; 12 tackles, three sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery

Frost reports a 2.5 GPA and said he scored a 1670 on the three-part SAT and a 1080 on the two-part SAT.

Frost: “I feel like I’m very intense. On defense I have great awareness and speed and pursuit.

“On offense I have good size and strength. I’m hard to bring down and can go up and get the ball.

“I want to improve my agility and speed. I want to run better routes and improve my movement. I want to stop on a dime better.”

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=3455809

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really. I can't believe you would commit to a team that does not have a coach or staff. You could commit and not even be sure you had an offer. What if the new coach said "we don't want you". Wouldn't you at least wait until they announce a coach? Looks good for AU

You could commit and not even be sure you had an offer. What if the new coach said "we don't want you".

Most coaches will honor commitments unless the player totally doesn't fit a new system. In Frost's case he is one of the best players in this class, thus the idea that the new coach "wouldn't want him" is ridiculous.

You could commit and not even be sure you had an offer. What if the new coach said "we don't want you".

Most coaches will honor commitments unless the player totally doesn't fit a new system. In Frost's case he is one of the best players in this class, thus the idea that the new coach "wouldn't want him" is ridiculous.

Weird. From Bryan Matthews Twitter feed:

Unfortunately for Kris Frost, Auburn doesn't have room for him and will not be accepting his commitment.

Who are we planning on getting instead of him? Is Tony Steward back in the picture?

They better make this work somehow because it would be absolutely embarrassing if they turned him back.

That's what I was thinking.

This makes no sense to me. Haven't we been recruiting frost for over a year? How would we not have room for him. We can sign a full class (25) in 2011 right?

Archived