Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

If you're BM, why do you even make such a bold statement that the coaches won't accept his commitment? You're not CGC or CCL, so even though you THINK you have an inside scoop you're still just an observer of this crazy thing we call recruiting.

Anyway, I'm glad to have you as a part of the Auburn Family, Kris!

Correct-a-mundo! BM may have a list he thinks is valid, but he does NOT have the authority to turn down a commitment. Only Coach Chizik could do that. My money, in a BIG way,is that Frost has a good offer and he'll be enrolling Monday.

If something sounds wrong, it probably is. We'd have to have one HELLUVA group of silent commits to need to turn Frost down. I'll call BS on Matthews until I'm proved wrong.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Frost is expecting a call from Chizik tomorrow, which should clear up whether or not his commitment will be accepted.

We'll end up taking him.

I think, and no offense to Brian Matthew, but he is a bloody idiot. He needs to be told by coaches, in public, that he does not have any access to AU football program.

Its regardless of whether Auburn coaches accept Frost's decision or not. Frost could be told to decommit, instead of putting him through this embarrassing situation. I honestly think that Brian Matthew twittered out of his rear aperture without knowing the facts of the matter. But even if he did know the facts, what he did is extremely idiotic, pathetic and disgraceful. Auburn does not need more distractions and fingerpointing.

I think, and no offense to Brian Matthew, but he is a bloody idiot. He needs to be told by coaches, in public, that he does not have any access to AU football program.

Its regardless of whether Auburn coaches accept Frost's decision or not. Frost could be told to decommit, instead of putting him through this embarrassing situation. I honestly think that Brian Matthew twittered out of his rear aperture without knowing the facts of the matter. But even if he did know the facts, what he did is extremely idiotic, pathetic and disgraceful. Auburn does not need more distractions and fingerpointing.

This is spot-on! I woke up this morning thinking that Matthews had no business posting that. Was he drunk in Phoenix? Were I an Auburn coach, Matthews would have already had his last access to the program.

Wouldn't be the first time BM is in hot water with this staff.

I hope it's his last opportunity to get in hot water with Auburn. Whether he's right or not, he's embarrassed Kris Frost and Auburn University. I'd expect this from Thayer Evans, but not from somebody that claims to be an Auburn supporter.

Those other sites had Frost as committed to Auburn until Matthews came out with his twitter thing. Now he's been removed from the committed lists and all this was done solely on the word of Brian Matthews. It would suit me if Coach Chizik came out and stated that Brian Matthews is FOS.

Any news?

Good question. Coaches aren't allowed to discuss individual prospects. How much, if anything, can a coach say to address this? No matter what Frost says, it looks like the sites aren't taking his word. Probably if Brian Matthews publicly apologized and says he's now sobered up and "didn't really mean it" things would smooth over. I don't know who else could do it.

Meta - Any word on that phone call from Frost to Chizik??

Nope. That came from a Michigan person who claimed to have spoken to Frost last night. Frost apparently told him that he spoke to an AU coach yesterday and that he was supposed to speak with Chizik today. With no news I'm assuming this wont get settled until after the MNC.

Nope. That came from a Michigan person who claimed to have spoken to Frost last night. Frost apparently told him that he spoke to an AU coach yesterday and that he was supposed to speak with Chizik today. With no news I'm assuming this wont get settled until after the MNC.

Thanks...I thought this may not get resolved until after monday night...hopefully things get worked out for the kid.

BTW...does anyone remember what Matthews did to get in hot water with the coaching staff previously? I seem to remember hearing something about it...but cant recall the details....anyone?

Meta can refute this if he hears or knows otherwise. i'm friends with the son of a booster/board of trustees member. he said today that he thinks there may indeed be no spot & this is b/c of some potential big names choosing AU in the next few weeks. not sure what this is worth - may be pure speculation.

It is just difficult for me to imagine there not being room for a 4-star recruit. I will defer to the coaches because they are far wiser, but if we don't accept Frost I think it will look really bad and every other team will try to spin it making Auburn look like they don't honor offers. I'm just hoping Brian Matthews put his foot in his mouth.

above all, I just really hope the coaches are honoring their offer, that would not be fair it they withdrew it from him after he committed. I'm also looking forward to some of the "big names" supposedly choosing Auburn.

It is just difficult for me to imagine there not being room for a 4-star recruit. I will defer to the coaches because they are far wiser, but if we don't accept Frost I think it will look really bad and every other team and the media will try to spin it making Auburn look like they don't honor offers. I'm just hoping Brian Matthews put his foot in his mouth.

Fixed that for you.

Sorry for repeated posts on the issue. I really like this kid (personality, family etc as much as athletic abilities) and I would love to see him in OnB.

You can catch a glimpse of him from his selection presser for Army All American game.

Archived