Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest is that he's probably going to end up elsewhere.

Well, that sucks but he sort of put himself in this boat.

Elsewhere is the only thing that makes any sense. He's too good a prospect to accept a greyshirt offer, many other schools will be offering him a scholly. When he told our coaches he was going to Michigan, Auburn moved on. It's a shame he got embarrassed but he was told not to do anything public without contacting Auburn first.

Elsewhere is the only thing that makes any sense. He's too good a prospect to accept a greyshirt offer, many other schools will be offering him a scholly. When he told our coaches he was going to Michigan, Auburn moved on. It's a shame he got embarrassed but he was told not to do anything public without contacting Auburn first.

Who told him that?

The Auburn coaches told him not to commit on TV (or anywhere publicly) until they got back from AZ and had a chance to talk to him.

And your source of this? Just curious since I haven't seen it said anywhere but here. If they talked to him about not commiting why didn't they just use that occasion to talk to him ABOUT commiting, or just go ahead and tell him we can't take him?

The Auburn coaches told him not to commit on TV (or anywhere publicly) until they got back from AZ and had a chance to talk to him.

And your source of this? Just curious since I haven't seen it said anywhere but here. If they talked to him about not commiting why didn't they just use that occasion to talk to him ABOUT commiting, or just go ahead and tell him we can't take him?

Proud Tiger, today I have been told a story, a sort of "how it went" by someone who could possibly know. I am no longer disturbed about Frost heading elsewhere and I cannot imagine Auburn will offer him anything other than a grayshirt, if they even offer that.

If what I heard is true, Auburn's coaches didn't drop the ball here.

As Titan said above, there was a definite NEED for communication between Frost and our coaching staff before anybody on either side did anything else. Frost knew this but went ahead and committed on TV anyway. Frost knew he no longer had an offer from Auburn, but went ahead and committed anyway. If I told you who my source is, I would no longer have a source, so feel free to say I'm full of it. I might say the same thing to you under these circumstances, but I believe what I heard to be true.

What I heard makes sense, whereas all the feel-good "Oh dear a little mistake was made" explanations that are all over the internet do not make sense.

Please, I'm not saying Frost did anything illegal or scandalous, it wasn't that sort of thing.

From Rivals (not premium)

Frost and Auburn

Will Auburn end up signing Kris Frost?

- Bobby in Birmingham, Ala.

Your guess is as good as mine but I think things will work out with Frost and Auburn in the end. Frost is apparently going to visit Auburn this weekend to meet with Gene Chizik and hopefully, for Tigers fans, things will be ironed out.

Why do I say hopefully? Because Frost is an absolute stud and I think he is a better prospect than Brent Calloway as a linebacker prospect. I'm still not convinced that Calloway will end up as a running back at Auburn. If, for some reason, Auburn is pushing Frost away because it is filled at linebacker after Calloway's flip, it could be making a mistake.

But in the end I think the Tigers will find room for Frost, he will play outside linebacker and be a great one.

Quote: "Frost is apparently going to visit Auburn this weekend ..."

How old is this article? The most recent gossip I heard is that Frost is visiting Miami this weekend.

Please don't get the idea that I'm against Auburn signing Kris Frost. I am not. However, I don't think that's going to happen

Quote: "Frost is apparently going to visit Auburn this weekend ..."

How old is this article? The most recent gossip I heard is that Frost is visiting Miami this weekend.

Please don't get the idea that I'm against Auburn signing Kris Frost. I am not. However, I don't think that's going to happen

Article is from Friday.

Multiple sources who are reputable both on Scout and Rivals as well as confirmed by one person that usually is dialed in pretty well with Auburn's recruiting.

The coaches were in AZ preparing for perhaps the biggest game in Auburn history. They wanted to sit down with him face to face once they got back to Auburn. They had moved on to other prospects and weren't sure they had room for him, especially given the way he'd sort of jerked them around earlier when he committed to Michigan. A phone call wasn't going to do it.

Proud Tiger, today I have been told a story, a sort of "how it went" by someone who could possibly know. I am no longer disturbed about Frost heading elsewhere and I cannot imagine Auburn will offer him anything other than a grayshirt, if they even offer that.

If what I heard is true, Auburn's coaches didn't drop the ball here.

As Titan said above, there was a definite NEED for communication between Frost and our coaching staff before anybody on either side did anything else. Frost knew this but went ahead and committed on TV anyway. Frost knew he no longer had an offer from Auburn, but went ahead and committed anyway. If I told you who my source is, I would no longer have a source, so feel free to say I'm full of it. I might say the same thing to you under these circumstances, but I believe what I heard to be true.

What I heard makes sense, whereas all the feel-good "Oh dear a little mistake was made" explanations that are all over the internet do not make sense.

Please, I'm not saying Frost did anything illegal or scandalous, it wasn't that sort of thing.

FYI...I "heard" the same thing. No linky....

:au::homer:

Proud, if Tubby had done the same thing you would be defending it.

Till the time this kid does not sign with a university, I think we should avoid speculating or connecting the dots.

I don't know what's going on, and I am sure not many people do. Was it Michigan thing, three weeks hiatus, spot taken, or any other issue that hasn't been brought up on a messageboard yet, who knows.

The only thing that is clear, this far, is that the kid is in Auburn on a visit, and there's a possibility that he will be wearing Orange and Blue.

The only thing that is clear, this far, is that the kid is in Auburn on a visit

Unless something has changed Kris Frost is NOT in Auburn this weekend.

If Tubs had done what? Im not criticing anyone here so what would I be defending. Everyone else made an intelligent posts in this thread. Why did you have to be different <_<

If Tubs had done what? Im not criticing anyone here so what would I be defending. Everyone else made an intelligent posts in this thread. Why did you have to be different <_<

Well, not everyone... :rolleyes:

I guess the conclusion I'm coming to based on the above posts and what I'm reading on other boards is that no one has any hard facts on what is going on or has gone on with Frost. By that I mean no one seems to have a direct input/quote from Frost or any of the coaches. Nothing wrong with sources, some of them have to be right. I rely on sources to but even my input from them is inconsistent.I guess we just have to wait and see how it plays out.

By that I mean no one seems to have a direct input/quote from Frost or any of the coaches.

Well, the coaches cant say anything because it is against the rules. Frost obviously screwed up so his "word" is going to be fairly one-sided.

The story I've heard makes sense given what is happening. The coaches dont "pass up" a talent like Frost because he chose Michigan and then changed his mind...there has to be much more behind the scenes which is exactly what happened. He told the coaches he was coming to Auburn then changed his mind and told them he was going to Michigan. No harm there; the coaches then spent the next week or two trying to contact him to change his mind and he wasn't answering. Frost played them and didn't seem to be interested in talking anymore so the coaches moved on and looked elsewhere. Then Rich Rod gets fired (apparently Frost was the only person on the planet that didn't know this was going to happen) and Frost assumes he can just jump back on board with Auburn and everything is a-OK. The coaches tell him not to commit on national TV but he chooses to do so anyways.

He messed up numerous times. First; telling us he was coming and then changing his mind. Second; refusing contact when we tried to keep the window open after he had changed his mind. Third; committing when we told him not to commit.

By the way; since Facebook is the tell-tale recruiting insider...Frost has changed his profile picture and no longer has the pic of him putting the Auburn hat on at the Army game. ;)

What? They didn't call old proud for advice? Here's a thought? Let the coaches that just put together a BCSNC team together in two years (based largely off of ther own recruiting) do their thing. I trust them to handle these kids and situations properly. I wouldn't trust you to add 2 and 2 together and get 4.

Thanks to those who have provided info on this thread despite the badgering of proud.

By that I mean no one seems to have a direct input/quote from Frost or any of the coaches.

Well, the coaches cant say anything because it is against the rules. Frost obviously screwed up so his "word" is going to be fairly one-sided.

The story I've heard makes sense given what is happening. The coaches dont "pass up" a talent like Frost because he chose Michigan and then changed his mind...there has to be much more behind the scenes which is exactly what happened. He told the coaches he was coming to Auburn then changed his mind and told them he was going to Michigan. No harm there; the coaches then spent the next week or two trying to contact him to change his mind and he wasn't answering. Frost played them and didn't seem to be interested in talking anymore so the coaches moved on and looked elsewhere. Then Rich Rod gets fired (apparently Frost was the only person on the planet that didn't know this was going to happen) and Frost assumes he can just jump back on board with Auburn and everything is a-OK. The coaches tell him not to commit on national TV but he chooses to do so anyways.

He messed up numerous times. First; telling us he was coming and then changing his mind. Second; refusing contact when we tried to keep the window open after he had changed his mind. Third; committing when we told him not to commit.

By the way; since Facebook is the tell-tale recruiting insider...Frost has changed his profile picture and no longer has the pic of him putting the Auburn hat on at the Army game. ;)

What you say may be true and it makes sense. But how do you know what you say is true? All Im saying is I'm reading different stuff on different boards and it seems like no knows the facts about the whole scenario.

What you say may be true and it makes sense. But how do you know what you say is true? All Im saying is I'm reading different stuff on different boards and it seems like no knows the facts about the whole scenario.

I think what he's saying is that those who know can't say.

Rivals and AUC are both reporting the parties our now both on the same page and that AU has accepted a commitment from Frost. Welcome to the Plains Kris and War Eagle!

Archived