Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meta - what's your take on Rose falling out of the rankings? Thought he had a pretty good year...

That was more surprising to me than the other drops; from what I gather he struggled some during the Army week of practice.

That makes me happy. I like this kid.

For us fans it is not a good idea to promote negative tidbits unless we are really sure of the sources. More often then not we, the fans, have very little view of the big picture. The story of three blind men and an elephant comes to mind.

Please do not post negative comments about a recruit. Thank you.

Great comment and advice..... and much appreciated :cheer:

I never doubted you PT. Sorry you were jumped on.

I'm getting all of my "facts" from you in the future! GO PT!! :cheer:

It's pretty bad getting jumped on when you clearly state you don't claim to have any facts. It seems better to speculate. Everybody seems to prefer that. :rolleyes:

It's pretty bad getting jumped on when you clearly state you don't claim to have any facts. It seems better to speculate. Everybody seems to prefer that. :rolleyes:

OH, you didn't have facts either?? Well then PT, I'll continue to get the "absence of facts" from you! Mmmm, did I mean that like it sounds??? :poke:

Glad to have him on board. This would've been an embarrasing situation for all involved had we actually not had room. Not to mention, it is never good to turn down a kid with this much potential.

Kris Frost happy to be on Auburn's commitment list

By Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau

AUBURN -- It took 10 days, but Kris Frost's commitment to Auburn has been worked out, and he says he's ready to be a part of the Tigers' signing class on Feb. 2.

Frost, who was promoted from a four-star player to a five-star prospect by Rivals on Tuesday, committed to Auburn at the U.S. Army All-American Game on Jan. 8. The announcement surprised Auburn, so much so it had to look over its recruiting board to see just where the outside linebacker/receiver from Matthews, N.C., would land.

The 20th-best high school player in the nation, according to the latest Rivals 100 list, landed nicely, listed on recruiting sites as an "athlete." He said he has his eye on receiver.

Frost, who originally committed to Michigan, began switching gears as the Wolverines prepared to switch coaches leading up to the all-star game. That helped lead to the surprise announcement, and had Auburn finding a spot.

"Basically, it was a numbers game," Frost told AuburnUndercover.com Tuesday. "It comes down to business. I feel like Auburn thought I was going to Michigan, definitely."

But he decided Auburn would be the best place after talking it over with his family. He committed, but it took more than a week before he was on Auburn's recruiting list.

"It was really frustrating that a lot of people didn't know the full details of the story," said Frost, who noted the delay caused speculation that the Tigers didn't want him. "I just kind of brushed it all to the side and kept trying to get in contact with coach (Gene) Chizik. It all worked out in the end."

Frost narrowed his final choices to Auburn, Michigan and LSU. Others with offers included Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, California and North Carolina.

Frost could play wide receiver, a position with a lot of openings with the departure of seniors Terrell Zachery and Kodi Burns and junior Darvin Adams.

But Frost could also play defense. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder made 103 tackles, including 5 sacks, as a senior linebacker on a Butler High defense the Charlotte Observer said was likely the best prep defense in North Carolina.

Frost said his all-star experience opened his eyes.

"I can definitely see that I pretty much had the receiver body playing linebacker," he said.

Frost said he prefers playing receiver, "but I'm a football player. I'm just excited about playing at Auburn University. That was my main goal, and now I've achieved that. Now, another goal of mine is to just get on the field wherever I play and succeed at it."

Although he's been to Auburn several times, he'll make his official visit to the school this weekend when the Tigers host a star-studded list of high school seniors who will witness the university's national championship celebration in Jordan-Hare Stadium Saturday.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/kris_frost_happy_to_be_on_aubu.html

OH, you didn't have facts either?? Well then PT, I'll continue to get the "absence of facts" from you! Mmmm, did I mean that like it sounds??? :poke:

You don't have to rely on me alone for the "absence of facts." They are abundant around here lately. I was looking for some and thought you surely had them :roflol:

So now can you tell us who that "source" is?

Ive seen this kid play in person . Butler is the new powerhouse in NC. Hes good. Great pickup for Auburn. Welcome!

Archived