***Signing Day 2011 Thread

RunInRed

Nope

Uzomah's LOI is in. Chizik talked about him by name in his presser today, something he wouldn't be allowed to do for an unsigned recruit.

Ive been away from a TV so I didn't see the interview.

My question was in reference to the first post in this thread. Both Tre Mason and Uzomah are italicized, not bold and italicized as our other signees. Thus my clarifying question...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope

Duder, Uzomah has been marked as signed in since early morning. I'm not following you. ???

Perhaps my phone is showing it wrong but his name wasn't bolded when I looked at it

Nope

Duder, Uzomah has been marked as signed in since early morning. I'm not following you. ???

Perhaps my phone is showing it wrong but his name wasn't bolded when I looked at it

Gotcha

Must be a phone thing, it's bold on my computer.

More ESPN pub. They introduce their Rankings (which has AU at No. 2) this way...

They just won the national championship and now Gene Chizik and Auburn are speeding up the class rankings. The Tigers landed four-star DT Gabe Wright< who's No. 26 in the ESPNU 150 and the No. 3 DT, and four-star S Erique Florence. Five-star OT Cyrus Kouandjio committed to the Tigers, but has yet to send a letter of intent. Still, it's a haul that propelled Auburn to No. 2 in the class rankings.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/classrankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/classrankings

14vofp1.png

I guess rivals is just smarter than the rest of the ranking services.

Does anybody have any idea when the Cyrus issue will be over??

may it be bama, new mexico, or anywhere just get it done. This is starting to get kind weird.

If it comes down to a family vote, then you can go ahead and give it to Bama. They aren't going to vote for a school they have never been to or to coaches they have never met. :-/

I can see your parents giving you some insight, but I can't see you doing a family vote.

I just got an email saying that he is Auburn bound though? Nevermind.. an old email that just now made it to my inbox.

I don't remember ever seeing so much variance between the rating services. Rivals seems out of step with the other two, and not just for Auburn. Their entire listing seems out of whack with Scout and ESPN.

Other than it being fun to be first, I think if Auburn can consistently finish in the top ten we'll dominate UAT and be in contention for the SEC crown every year.

We've never had to out recruit UAT, Georgia, Tennesse and the like to win more than we lose to those people. We hold the series lead over UGA and UF, and hold it over UAT except for the Bryant years. Yet we seldom finish ahead of them in recruiting standings.

Just be in the ball park with the recruiting and the wins will come Auburn's way.

If it comes down to a family vote, then you can go ahead and give it to Bama. They aren't going to vote for a school they have never been to or to coaches they have never met. :-/

I can see your parents giving you some insight, but I can't see you doing a family vote.

I just got an email saying that he is Auburn bound though? Nevermind.. an old email that just now made it to my inbox.

Chizik and Grimes, and maybe more than that did an in-home visit with the family before Cyrus came to Auburn.

rivals was started by an alabama grad

scout was started by a ND and Tenn grad

espn is owned by disney.......this may help you understand how they can be so different

did not know that...... thanks for the info....i wonder how many of the same folks work there

Between scout and rivals, I suspect none.

Archived