Tigers arrested

aumd03

I'm going to play devils advocate.

What if they are found innocent of the charges?

I will be the first to throw the book at them if they are guilty, but what of they aren't?

They were found with the evidence in the car and a gun.....open, shut, case. I would think...

Oh, well never mind :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention, Chizik has already permanently dismissed them from the team. I highly doubt he does that if there was any chance this was a mistake.

I will be the first to throw the book at them if they are guilty, but what of they aren't?

They were found with the evidence in the car and a gun.....open, shut, case. I would think...

What was worth using a gun and stealing, i wonder. Can't be good.

Wasn't McNeil suspended for the first few games this year for "not being an auburn man". Wonder what that was about?

EDIT: Also, Ziemba's about to be on PF

2 more player tweets:

Just herd the news.. damn I can't breathe

@aufreshprince Philip Pierre-Louis

@TZAC81AU Maaannnnn what the hell was they thinking?

@Jpeezy25 Jerraud Powers

They were caught red handed in the same vehicle of the description of the suspects car AND they had a gun in the car not to mention they were in possession of the stolen property when the cops arrested them.... UHHHH I'm pretty sure this is open and shut.

My cousin Vinnny couldn't save their asses in this one. I'm sorry but the yutes are guilty.

Wasn't McNeil suspended for the first few games this year for "not being an auburn man". Wonder what that was about?

Means he was being a thug instead of an Auburn man and this s*** confirms it. I'm an auburn fan through and through but I don't defend this crap. Put their thug asses in jail for a long time they deserve it.

Guess we know where Mosely got all that cash in his picture. Someone elses hard earned money I'm sure.

Lesson to Auburn players: The Auburn family will defend you to the hilt if you're falsely accused or the target of unwarranted rumors. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. But come down with a bad case of "keepin' it real" disease and embarrass our school and our team and we're done. Go take that crap back to where you came from.

+1 :clap:

Sometimes you wait and see how it plays out because the charges aren't the most serious. Armed Robbery? GTFO!

Glad to see CGC step up on this because this is clearly not a situation where its "boys being boys." After our off-season last year, after Chip gave a press conference about all the Mac-Stoli gate stuff one of our backup MLBs got a DUI literally hours after the conf. He got a 1-year suspension, not the carlos dunlap punishment. Just disappointing stuff by all-accounts

Boys bein' dadgum boys...

<_<

At uga, they'd get 2 games. Maybe. 1st offense, and all.

This is not boys bein dadgum boys...

Getting into a fight during a back yard football game is "boys bein dadgum boys"

Rolling someones house in the middle of the night is "boys bein dadgum boys"

These are 19-21 years committing armed robbery.... this is "thugs bein dadgum thugs"

PM's take:

But there is more to do. Neither Chizik nor anyone else involved with Auburn football can view the dismissal of the players as the end of the problem. Five players in less than two weeks were charged with crimes. Smith’s was a misdemeanor, but it wasn’t his first run-in with the law.

Coaches can’t babysit players 24 hours a day, but the alleged crimes make it clear that the content of the character of the Auburn football players involved, if they are guilty, was lacking. Should that have been seen? Could it have been seen? I don’t know.

What does Chizik do now? What I believe he will do is take a hard look at his program and take whatever action is necessary to avoid another embarrassment like this one for Auburn football.

Obviously, the loss of five players who figured to be in the playing rotation takes a large bite out of Auburn’s depth for the 2011 season. Five young men who helped win a national championship won’t be there to get their rings, won't visit the White House, won’t be part of Auburn football ever again. But, really, that’s not even worth talking about today.

This is much bigger than winning or losing football games. If they are guilty, they brought it on themselves.

Drinking too much is a bad decision. Getting in a fight at a nightclub is a bad decision. Underage possession of alcohol is a bad decision. Smoking a joint is a bad decision.

Robbing somebody, at gunpoint or otherwise, is a character issue.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Phillips-blog-A-sad-day--18043

Disappointing news. No clue what these guys were thinking (if thinking at all ever happened). Their lives just took a sharp turn south.

Just a thought. Do you think Mosely knew what was going in?

What's your reasoning for singling out Mosely?

I'm hoping because he was driving the car and wasn't identified as entering the home, and not because he's white...

I think he was in the car while the other went in the house.

1. He was the get away driver or

2. He was a stooge for them.

Reading comprehension!

The article said three black males entered the home. Since I was a math major, I did the math.

CGC was exactly correct to dismiss them all from the team.

However the university needs to hold off on expelling them, of course they will flunk out if they cannot make bail.

Remember Duke and the Lacrosse team players. There was an alleged rape and Duke expelled the suspected students and fired their coach. That case resulted in Duke paying lots of money to those ex students

However the university needs to hold off on expelling them, of course they will flunk out if they cannot make bail.

Remember Duke and the Lacrosse team players. There was an alleged rape and Duke expelled the suspected students and fired their coach. That case resulted in Duke paying lots of money to those ex students

The cops pulled them over in the car that the victims described and found the stolen property and a handgun in the car with them. If it's not open and shut, it's about a millimeter shy of it.

Yeah. But that was a he said/she said with little to no evidence.

This is much uglier.

Unless they visited the home. And somebody planted the evidence and made up a story, these guys are royally hosed.

I really need a Coke. In case I actually reach one of these straws I am grasping at....

Archived