Tigers arrested

aumd03

There is no rehabilitation for people who would take a gun, break in someone's home, and rob them. Those guys are going to jail for a very long time and they deserve it. Hard to believe people with no more character than that were a part of our team. I am really disappointed in the players involved and in our coaching staff for bringing such thugs into our family.

Who said they broke in to someones home. This sounds to me without more information a case where every body knew each other. Armed robbers do not leave people behind to call the police and arrest them a mile down the road. I do not agree coach Chizik and the staff can not be fortune tellers, so I am not disappointed in them. WAR EAGLE!

They were charged with first degree burglary. That is by definition the unlawful breaking and entering into someone's home.

I am not deffending these young men,I am saying breaking and entering and burglary are different accusationes.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that. But they were charged with first degree burglary.

Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-7-5 - Burglary in the first degree

Section 13A-7-5 - Burglary in the first degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of burglary in the first degree if he or she knowingly and unlawfully enters or remains unlawfully in a dwelling with intent to commit a crime therein, and, if, in effecting entry or while in dwelling or in immediate flight therefrom, the person or another participant in the crime:

(1) Is armed with explosives; or

(2) Causes physical injury to any person who is not a participant in the crime; or

(3) In effecting entry, is armed with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or, while in the dwelling or immediate flight from the dwelling, uses or threatens the immediate use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument against another person. The use of or threatened use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument does not include the mere acquisition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument during the burglary.

(B) Burglary in the first degree is a Class A felony.

(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §2610; Acts 1979, No. 79-471, p. 862, §1; Act 2006-198, p. 286, §1.)

http://law.onecle.com/alabama/criminal-code/13A-7-5.html

So I guess it could have been a situation where they knew the people, but then brandished the weapon and didn't leave when they were asked to. At first blush when I read your comment I thought you seemed to be saying it could have been an innocent misunderstanding or something. But burglary in the first degree is a serious charge. I get what you're saying now. They didn't necessarily break in the window and sneak in.

Mike McNeil was a Tubby recruit, so lets throw that out the window first thing.

Wow, it took 77 posts before someone blames at least part of our problem on Tubs. Wake up folks and stop drinking the orange koolaid. I admire Coach Chizik for his swift action here and the pictures of him show how hurt he is by this. But no matter how hard you try to recruit kids with high character and coach them to be good team members, there is always going to be some bad apples in the crowd. It's time we got realistic, quit being so naive, and quit our sometimes sanctimonious finger pointing at other schools. Our players are not all perfect citizens and no Auburn coach I know of should be

blamed for that more than any other.

No one blamed Tubs. It was in response to a couple of people making stupid accusations of Chizik and the current staff for recruiting guys like this. Two of the five guys who have gotten in trouble with the law the last week or two and been kicked off the team were players Chizik had no hand in recruiting whatsoever. That's all that's being said.

And I agree with the rest of your post for the record. You can't always predict or prevent what a short sighted kid will do. You do the best you can trying to recruit kids you think have the right attitude and character and you try to give them proper oversight. But coaches aren't omniscient nor omnipresent.

I made my response to another poster. My perception was he was throwing a rock at Tubs. Can't he answer for himself?

Wow, it took 77 posts before someone blames at least part of our problem on Tubs. Wake up folks and stop drinking the orange koolaid. I admire Coach Chizik for his swift action here and the pictures of him show how hurt he is by this. But no matter how hard you try to recruit kids with high character and coach them to be good team members, there is always going to be some bad apples in the crowd. It's time we got realistic, quit being so naive, and quit our sometimes sanctimonious finger pointing at other schools. Our players are not all perfect citizens and no Auburn coach I know of should be

No one blamed Tubs. It was in response to a couple of people making stupid accusations of Chizik and the current staff for recruiting guys like this. Two of the five guys who have gotten in trouble with the law the last week or two and been kicked off the team were players Chizik had no hand in recruiting whatsoever. That's all that's being said.

And I agree with the rest of your post for the record. You can't always predict or prevent what a short sighted kid will do. You do the best you can trying to recruit kids you think have the right attitude and character and you try to give them proper oversight. But coaches aren't omniscient nor omnipresent.

I made my response to another poster. My perception was he was throwing a rock at Tubs. Can't he answer for himself?

Sure he can. And I can answer as well since he wasn't the only person in this thread to mention that two of the five guys kicked off the team recently were recruited by Tubs. If you want him and him alone to answer your questions, PM him. Otherwise, a public thread where others have given similar answers will result in you perhaps getting multiple responses. My perception is that his answer wasn't materially different from any of the others that mentioned that fact.

Sure he can. And I can answer as well since he wasn't the only person in this thread to mention that two of the five guys kicked off the team recently were recruited by Tubs. If you want him and him alone to answer your questions, PM him. Otherwise, a public thread where others have given similar answers will result in you perhaps getting multiple responses. My perception is that his answer wasn't materially different from any of the others that mentioned that fact.

Sorry, my bad. Guess I had quit reading your posts by that time so it obviously wasn't directed at you.

Like I said, it really doesn't matter who you were directing it at. I and a couple of others had made more or less the same statement so I answered. Get over it.

Well the arrests have been a bummer but on a lighter side Auburn's own Paul McDonald made the cut again last night on American Idol. I had the plaeasure of being at a small party watching with Paul's parents. Nice folks and true Auburn fans.

I realize that. But they were charged with first degree burglary.

Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-7-5 - Burglary in the first degree

Section 13A-7-5 - Burglary in the first degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of burglary in the first degree if he or she knowingly and unlawfully enters or remains unlawfully in a dwelling with intent to commit a crime therein, and, if, in effecting entry or while in dwelling or in immediate flight therefrom, the person or another participant in the crime:

(1) Is armed with explosives; or

(2) Causes physical injury to any person who is not a participant in the crime; or

(3) In effecting entry, is armed with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or, while in the dwelling or immediate flight from the dwelling, uses or threatens the immediate use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument against another person. The use of or threatened use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument does not include the mere acquisition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument during the burglary.

(B) Burglary in the first degree is a Class A felony.

(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §2610; Acts 1979, No. 79-471, p. 862, §1; Act 2006-198, p. 286, §1.)

http://law.onecle.com/alabama/criminal-code/13A-7-5.html

So I guess it could have been a situation where they knew the people, but then brandished the weapon and didn't leave when they were asked to. At first blush when I read your comment I thought you seemed to be saying it could have been an innocent misunderstanding or something. But burglary in the first degree is a serious charge. I get what you're saying now. They didn't necessarily break in the window and sneak in.

My main point in my post have been trying to defend the coaching staff. Pointing out that situations among family and friends sometimes go very wrong, more info before calling people thugs or saying we are recruiting the wrong type of people.

Well as long as you don't mention that the senior among the group was recruited by Tubs. That seems to set off some alarm bells around here.

Well as long as you don't mention that the senior among the group was recruited by Tubs. That seems to set off some alarm bells around here.

Hey man, my last post. My dog is named Tubby WAR EAGLE!

Like I said, it really doesn't matter who you were directing it at. I and a couple of others had made more or less the same statement so I answered. Get over it.

What am I supposed to "get over?" Yawn, to tired to figure it out tonight. Off to bed. I'll check first thing tomorrow.

Just heard on JOX Round table that 4 players were arrested for robbery last night. Bond set at $511,000. Info was from AU police.

Goodwin, M. McNeil, S Kitches, (cant rememeber 4th sorry)

The way Chizik runs things, they're probably now "former" AU players if the charges stand.

Dakota Mosely was the fourth

What am I supposed to "get over?" Yawn, to tired to figure it out tonight. Off to bed. I'll check first thing tomorrow.

Whatever it is that bugs you so much about someone else responding in a public forum when multiple people have made the same comment you were bellyaching about. Duh.

Hey man, my last post. My dog is named Tubby WAR EAGLE!

Heh. Good name. I love Tubs. I don't think any of these guys' actions can be blamed on either Tubs or Chizik. Now, if the pattern continues and we keep getting kids arrested ala Urban Meyer or Mark Richt, maybe that sentiment will have a point. But until then, the responsibility for this situation rest firmly in the laps of the dumb kids that did it.

I was not blaming Tubs for anything, I was simply posting in response to the other person or persons who were blaming Chizik for bringing in these kind of players.

Calm down dude.

Blaming coaches for recruiting the players is not rational. There is no way to predict that someone will do something stupid. Mike McNeil has been at Auburn five years and up until now, no problems.

They did something bad. Period. There is no way to predict that years ahead of time.

Where are all the people that praise Coach Dye for giving Otis Mounds a second chance? None of these guys had anything like what Mounds had in his past, yet because Mounds turned his life around it's a big brag point. It can go both ways.

These guys messed up and were dismissed from the team. That's all any coaching staff can do. You could criticize the coaches if they made the players sit out the first half against Arkansas State. Dismissal is all they can do and that's what was done.

There is no rehabilitation for people who would take a gun, break in someone's home, and rob them. Those guys are going to jail for a very long time and they deserve it. Hard to believe people with no more character than that were a part of our team. I am really disappointed in the players involved and in our coaching staff for bringing such thugs into our family.

Idiot alert.

I sorry, but if you are around these guys every day you have to know by now which ones are thugs. Armed robbery is way over the line. This isn't getting drunk and making a fool out of yourself, getting in a fight or something else stupid like kids are prone to do because of lack of maturity. I don't recall ever having one of our players involved in such a thing and I go back into the 50's. For a whole group of them to be involved in this there is something very wrong with the oversight from the coaching staff who brought them in. No, the coaches can't watch them every minute, but they should be a better judge of character than that. Armed robbery is 20 years and using a firearm in the commission of a felony is 5 more mandatory. That is a very serious crime and don't think for a minute that the national news reporters are not going to make this into a story about how Auburn is out of control. Jim Tressel knocked us off the front page for a couple of days, but here we go again.

Unless they do a good job of hiding it. To my knowledge, none of these kids have been in any trouble before. Mike McNeil has been here four years without having any incidents that I can remember.

What the hell do you propose they do short of being mind readers? Dumbass.

I thought it was against board rules to call fellow posters idiots and dunb asses.

It is generally speaking, Resident Pedant. However, sometimes someone says something so bats**t stupid that nothing else suffices. Sorry that I couldn't keep it in in the face of such mindnumbing nonsense.

Is this the Rule you speak of?

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

Looks like it may not cover mods. At any rate, I make a motion to suspend the rules for this thread. Second?

Idiot alert.

I sorry, but if you are around these guys every day you have to know by now which ones are thugs. Armed robbery is way over the line. This isn't getting drunk and making a fool out of yourself, getting in a fight or something else stupid like kids are prone to do because of lack of maturity. I don't recall ever having one of our players involved in such a thing and I go back into the 50's. For a whole group of them to be involved in this there is something very wrong with the oversight from the coaching staff who brought them in. No, the coaches can't watch them every minute, but they should be a better judge of character than that. Armed robbery is 20 years and using a firearm in the commission of a felony is 5 more mandatory. That is a very serious crime and don't think for a minute that the national news reporters are not going to make this into a story about how Auburn is out of control. Jim Tressel knocked us off the front page for a couple of days, but here we go again.

Unless they do a good job of hiding it. To my knowledge, none of these kids have been in any trouble before. Mike McNeil has been here four years without having any incidents that I can remember.

What the hell do you propose they do short of being mind readers? Dumbass.

I thought it was against board rules to call fellow posters idiots and dunb asses.

It is generally speaking, Resident Pedant. However, sometimes someone says something so bats**t stupid that nothing else suffices. Sorry that I couldn't keep it in in the face of such mindnumbing nonsense.

Is this the Rule you speak of?

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults. Now, we're not going to hammer every time a name gets tossed out, but if threads get derailed by the personal bickering or if you get into a groove of insulting rather than discussing things, we'll step in and tell you knock it off.

Looks like it may not cover mods. At any rate, I make a motion to suspend the rules for this thread. Second?

I don't even think it's necessary. We haven't moderated this in the past by seeking out and zapping any and every instance where someone got called a name. Generally it's when things get out of hand and the entire thread gets derailed or the vast majority of someone's posting content is insults.

Hope that clears things up for everyone.

My gut tells me there is more to this story than 4 football players randomly selecting a house or trailer on Wire Road and deciding to do an armed home invasion. If I were a betting man I would say these 4 knew the people there and went out of some conflict, maybe they went to recover something that was taken from them. That might explain why they were caught so fast, the other people knew exactly what vehicle they were driving. NOT by any stretch am I excusing entering someone's house with a gun, but I just find it hard to believe all 4 decided to do a random robbery...

This is disappointing but I don't think this will lead to anymore problems as long as it's properly addressed to players by the coaches. In the event that it does keep happening (which I already have said I believe that it won't) it could really affect recruiting because parents may become worried about sending their kids somewhere they will get into trouble. I know nobody wants to look like UGA here :puke:

Archived