Updyke Allegedly Attacked

jaredm2012

Did anyone hear the part about when Updyke said he was in a restaurant in Lousiana, and this guy and his daughter (who is an Alabama student) recognized him, and the daughter wanted to have her picture made w/ him? I agree that most Bama fans have some "updyke" in them. Loved his reason for doing what he did...."I guess I've got too much Bama in me", you said it Harvey! You personify every stereotype that I've always known.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 or 16 grandchildren? Which is it, stupid?

Not only did he poison the trees, but his family is continuing to poison the gene pool.

How many children does he have? Did Bear and Crimson have 8 kids each? :blink:

Did anyone hear the part about when Updyke said he was in a restaurant in Lousiana, and this guy and his daughter (who is an Alabama student) recognized him, and the daughter wanted to have her picture made w/ him? I agree that most Bama fans have some "updyke" in them. Loved his reason for doing what he did...."I guess I've got too much Bama in me", you said it Harvey! You personify every stereotype that I've always known.

Let's face it, if Bama fans are asking to take pictures with him most of the Bammers look at him as a hero.

On the BS parts. If he left the courthouse at 2:30 (documented by media) then talked on the phone for 30 minutes out side the gas station (claim by HU), was knock out, went in the gas station after regaining concessness, drove himself to EAMC, and was on out of EAMC by 3:30 (Lawyer on Finebaum after it happened), does anyone believe this timeline will hold up in an investigation?

Add me to the group that calls this story BS. This whole story doesn’t make any sense. First he’s supposedly concerned for his safety but stops at “The Tiger Express” in the heart of Auburn Country. Concerned for his safety he parks behind the station. After he exits his vehicle he’s attacked but doesn’t see his attackers. That’s right a man that’s so concerned for his safety and parks in the rear of a convenient store doesn’t check his surrounding when exiting his vehicle. I don’t know about any of you but if I were concerned for my safety my head would be on a swivel checking out my surroundings. On top of that the wounds he received seem to be very superficial

He did say on the PF interview that he parked on the side of the building not behind it and he didn't stop to get gas, just some GREEN TEA. :roflol: He said that place was busy and can't believe no one saw what actually happened. Well, I can.......because it didn't happen....or it didn't happen at the Tiger Mart. Did anyone check his steering wheel to see if he had been banging his head on it?

Not only did he poison the trees, but his family is continuing to poison the gene pool.

he has three that he has mentioned...he wanted to name his youngest daughter Ally Bama Updyke but his wife balked.

he has three that he has mentioned...he wanted to name his youngest daughter Ally Bama Updyke but his wife balked.

but she was cool with Bear Bryant and Crimson Tyde.....and he always spells out T-Y-D-E.....like that makes a difference. :roflol:

...Concerned for his safety he parks behind the station. After he exits his vehicle he’s attacked but doesn’t see his attackers. That’s right a man that’s so concerned for his safety and parks in the rear of a convenient store doesn’t check his surrounding when exiting his vehicle. I don’t know about any of you but if I were concerned for my safety my head would be on a swivel checking out my surroundings....

Now, to me, if I was concerned for my safety, I would park in an area where I would be visible by surveillance cameras and as many witnesses as possible. Just my line of thinking but I've been in some pretty rough situations before. If I was trying not to get attacked, I'd want as many eyes available as I could get.

Interesting point I saw in a tweet: in an NRA state second only to Texas, Harvey only got a scratch on his forehead?

THIS.

but she was cool with Bear Bryant and Crimson Tyde.....and he always spells out T-Y-D-E.....like that makes a difference. :roflol:

In all fairness he said his last wife balked at Ally Bama. The first wife, mother of Bear and Crimson got away from the guy and for good reason.

Listening to all the conversation yesterday it sounds to me like he was trying to apologize. But the apology sounded like it was directed at UAT and Saban and not at all at Auburn. He is sorry that he let his university down. It does not sound like to me that he cares one bit about what he did to Auburn. Just my thoughts, not sure if anyone else heard that the same way.

Listening to all the conversation yesterday it sounds to me like he was trying to apologize. But the apology sounded like it was directed at UAT and Saban and not at all at Auburn. He is sorry that he let his university down. It does not sound like to me that he cares one bit about what he did to Auburn. Just my thoughts, not sure if anyone else heard that the same way.

I took it the exact same way.

He's just sorry he got caught.

Exactly. As I have said in some thread or another, I've had employees I've caught stealing with the same mentality. <_<

If he really cared about being caught, "Al from Dadeville" never would have called Finebaum. He is a pitiful human who does not make sense. Threatt said yesterday that he has had closed head injuries. Honestly, I think the guy is totally nuts and is a danger to himself. Why in the world was he ALONE coming to and from the courthouse? So strange.

Yes.

^^^This^^^

He call Finebaum a month after it happen and had no remorse when he said he didn't care if it were against the law. That statement is the only reason why I say the man deserves jail time.

If he really cared about being caught, "Al from Dadeville" never would have called Finebaum.

Honestly, I think he's just that stupid to call in and admit it. In his warped mind, he perceived what he did as a prank. Nothing more. He clearly didn't realize the severity of his actions. And now that he's staring down the barrel of what could be a fairly significant prison term, he's sorry. He's not sorry for what he did to Auburn, but sorry that he didn't get away with it.

Then again in his own words, he's just an Alabama fan.

Updyke and the "Attorney" are both lying. His time line does not add up and he says he stopped at the gas station to get a drink because his blood sugar was low but yet he waited 30 mins in the car at the gas station before going in. Dude is a liar and him and his "attorney" are making a mockery of this trial. I listed to the entire interview yesterday and then 2 hours afterwards of callers with the attorney sitting next to Paul and the attorney was just cutting up and laughing the entire time. The dude has absolutely no remorse for what he did. He is only sorry that he got caught.

PF was on Fox6 last night and said they he was trying to humanize Updyke or some BS like that. I did agree with one thing the attorney said. He said that since the plea deal had been turned down that it was obvious the DA wanted him to do jail time. It was just a question of how much. He also said that he suspects Updyke will get some federal charges because someone from the EPA was at the hearing the other day. Now, I don't believe he should do 10 years in jail, heck most hard core criminals don't get that much time but if the judge wants to set an example 2 years+ would do that but I expect it to be more of 6 mos to 1 year. If it is 6 mos to 1 year I think he could spend that time in the Lee Co. Jail.

Now, I don't believe he should do 10 years in jail, heck most hard core criminals don't get that much time but if the judge wants to set an example 2 years+ would do that but I expect it to be more of 6 mos to 1 year. If it is 6 mos to 1 year I think he could spend that time in the Lee Co. Jail.

If what was said originally turns out to be true-that his actions could change the face of the campus for several years; then he deserves far more than 2 years and definitely not a measly 6-12 months.

To make a real example, throw the book at him. He should learn from this, not spend his time kicked back counting down the days until he gets to watch a bama game in the 2012 season.

If he really cared about being caught, "Al from Dadeville" never would have called Finebaum.

Honestly, I think he's just that stupid to call in and admit it. In his warped mind, he perceived what he did as a prank. Nothing more. He clearly didn't realize the severity of his actions. And now that he's staring down the barrel of what could be a fairly significant prison term, he's sorry. He's not sorry for what he did to Auburn, but sorry that he didn't get away with it.

In his own words, he's sorry for what he did to Bama. He still doesn't get it.

You're thinking exactly the way his lawyer wants. Psychiatric help was also mentioned. A prank gone bad, that he didn't realize was so bad. HOGWASH !!! This is exactly what his lawyer wanted. This guy is a fanatic and a lunatic - but no more than half a million other bammer bozos in this state. He only did what a good many have thought about doing but didn't have the nerve. If he needs psychiatric help then so do they. Maybe a psychiatrist could do a group session at a bammer game half-time.

I believe this whole "incident" was staged in order to get sympathy for the jerk and to be able to portray him as not mentally stable. All to get a change of venue and since even his attorney believes he will probably get jail time, he is trying to put the mental issue on the table. Why else would a lawyer let his client go on a talk radio show. I hope the judge sees through all of this BS. Being STUPID and a FANATIC is not a mental issue. I hope they lock his sorry a$$ away with some of his buddies that he put behind bars when he was in law enforcement. Then he'll understand the true meaning of "just having too much bama in him".

... Now, I don't believe he should do 10 years in jail, heck most hard core criminals don't get that much time but if the judge wants to set an example 2 years+ would do that but I expect it to be more of 6 mos to 1 year. If it is 6 mos to 1 year I think he could spend that time in the Lee Co. Jail.

I believe the guy who poisoned the Treaty Oak in Austin, TX got 9 years. (I agree it's a little out of whack with what hardcore criminals often get, but that's a whole other debate.) I doubt criminal mischief charges will rise to that level, but there are still federal charges pending.

I still think the best punishment is to lock him up with a TV playing constant replays of the 2010 Iron Bowl (maybe even edit out all the positive Bama plays). A week of that and he'd probably try to kill himself.

Archived