2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Per Rivals...

Muscle Shoals junior defensive tackle Dee Liner, projected to be one of the top in-state prospects in 2013, has committed to Auburn.

@AuburnRivals

DAVIONLINER150.GIF

Dee Liner, DT

Muscle Shoals, AL

6'4 / 255 / 4.68

Stats (Junior):

- 83 Tackles

- 17 Sacks

- 5 Forced Fumbles, 2 Fumble Recoveries

Stats (Sophomore):

- 81 Tackles

- 10 TFLs

- 7 Sacks

Recruiting Profiles:

247Sports

Rivals

Scout

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DHTtldOm1yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

253927_205160396194770_100001024328684_596045_5724511_n.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a name!

I watched Liner at the VTO/Rivals camp in Leeds this spring, consistently dominated prospects a year older.

Liner is a DE now, but will likely grow into a tackle, already 6'4, 250 plus.

Liner on his Auburn commitment, "I'm an Auburn man...I'm solid, no questions." Liner visited 'Bama, but said Auburn felt more comfortable.

Auburn's third Big Cat weekend has now produced three commits, two 2012 four-stars, and a top 2013 prospect.

@JHokanson

I sure do hope he sticks with his commitment and plays here. There will be a jillion comments on a defensive tackle named "D. Liner" That's too cool!

What we learned: Rivals/VTO Elite 100s

Athens Nike: Top linemen

DEE LINER, 6-4/255, DT, MUSCLE SHOALS (ALA.) (2013)

OFFERS: Has Kentucky and Auburn offers at this time.

STRENGTHS: Has excellent overall body structure and may be that rare DT/SDE combo guy. Liner looked very athletic in agilities and showed good speed rushing the quarterback in one-on-ones using his hands like a kung fu fighter.

WEAKNESSES: Even though he is very athletic he could be quicker off the ball and play with more aggression.

CONCLUSION: Liner will be a top-five prospect in Alabama for 2013. Look for him to tally double-digit offers by the end of the spring evaluation period.

Saying Liner was impressive would be a gross understatement. Only a sophomore, he took the event by storm during a dominant one-on-one display. Using a quick first step, nice instincts, active hands, solid technique and great determination, Liner sped past several offensive linemen and simply overpowered everyone else. He also displayed great determination, and was as good on the last rep as he was on the first. In the class of 2013, he'll be among the region's top defensive linemen.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1215790

How can anyone play DL with a # like 25 on their jersey ?

:gofig:

Oh, I guess HE can, though.

:clap:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched Dee play tonight against Florence. Very fast impressive athlete. They lost 27-22 but he played great. He's the kinda guy that never gives up on the ball. He looked like a man among boys out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived