2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Dee is participaeting the the Bammer OL/DL camp tomorrow.

So he is decommitting? The bammers will have it all the web after that.

Dee is participaeting the the Bammer OL/DL camp tomorrow.

So he is decommitting? The bammers will have it all the web after that.

Don't forget to use sarcasm in yellow.  ;)

I'm not saying there is no chance of a decommitment but the chance is very small

like  :devil:  ;)

Dee Liner hung out with Reuben and Tray Matthews today. Dee has been in auburn since yesterday.

but what hat was he wearing?

I don't know, but I think it had an orange face mask on it;D

I expect that if he leaves uat without giving some indication that he is reconsidering his commitment to AU then we will hear reports that he's not as good as advertised, saban wasn't impressed, he shouldn't be a 5 star etc.

I expect that if he leaves uat without giving some indication that he is reconsidering his commitment to AU then we will hear reports that he's not as good as advertised, saban wasn't impressed, he shouldn't be a 5 star etc.

You, sir,  are clairvoyant!  ;D

The Yeldon situation was an unbelievable perfect storm and people need to realize that. There were the leaving (firing imo) of two coordinators and news reactions, a subpar sseason by standards and a group of teammates and friends that were already committed to Bama and in his ear every day including his best friend. (then also money.. probably)

Dee Liner will have none of those situations and has grown up a steadfast auburn fan. He has volunteers his opinion on where he stands in his commitment as opposed to Yeldon who only commented when backed into a corner. People I know who have talked to Dee have reported that Dee doesn't pick up for the bama coaching staff and also actively recruits for us. Why do people think Reuben has been thinking of switching to Auburn? Unless something changes Dee is all ours till 2017 when he leaves us for the NFL draft

On that note, we won't get Kenny Bigelow people stop asking about him. He loves USC like a fat kid loves cake. Unless USC loses 3+ games, gets caught on probation, Sills is no longer committed etc. we have next to no chance

PJM not to take anything away from your post but just this past week Bryan Matthews of 247 said we are still pushing for Bigelow.  We may not have a shot with him but at one time many people felt we were the team to beat for his services.  Also, as long as K Rogers commits to us which would give us a total of 3 friends committed/playing for us, I believe we still have a outside shot.  Obviously the coaches have laid out the master plan to the recruits and it looks like some of them believe in what we are trying to do.  If they weren't, we would not be in the position we are in with so many high profile type players.

It is our coaches job to continue pushing and recruiting these players. Just as it is the Bama coaching staff's job to continue to push for top notch talent/players. For our coaches to not push for and try and land Bigelow or any other top player would be grounds for landing on the hot seat (they wouldn't be doing their job).

I am simply trying to compare us trying to get Bigelow to Bama trying to get Dee liner, there is a slim chance and the coaching staffs are trying to turn that into a larger chance, but the fact of the matter is that it is extremely unlikely.

I agree with PJM, Bigelow loves USCw and is staying there unless there is ncaa trouble...which I doubt there will be.  Adams is our #1

The Yeldon situation was an unbelievable perfect storm and people need to realize that. There were the leaving (firing imo) of two coordinators and news reactions, a subpar sseason by standards and a group of teammates and friends that were already committed to Bama and in his ear every day including his best friend. (then also money.. probably)

Dee Liner will have none of those situations and has grown up a steadfast auburn fan. He has volunteers his opinion on where he stands in his commitment as opposed to Yeldon who only commented when backed into a corner. People I know who have talked to Dee have reported that Dee doesn't pick up for the bama coaching staff and also actively recruits for us. Why do people think Reuben has been thinking of switching to Auburn? Unless something changes Dee is all ours till 2017 when he leaves us for the NFL draft

On that note, we won't get Kenny Bigelow people stop asking about him. He loves USC like a fat kid loves cake. Unless USC loses 3+ games, gets caught on probation, Sills is no longer committed etc. we have next to no chance

All of this is enlightening but the part about how I love cake is insulting. :'(

I am not worried about Liner doing us like TJ did. I would love for Dee to do like Earnest Robinson did and tell saban to shove off and make that a new tradition for Auburn commitments.

I agree with PJM, Bigelow loves USCw and is staying there unless there is ncaa trouble...which I doubt there will be.  Adams is our #1

Lane Kiffin IS still their HC, right?

Here is a nice little tidbit of information.

Expert AndrewJBoneAndrew Bone

#Auburn commitment Dee Liner told me tonight that he is now 6-foot-4, 282-pounds. More coming shortly with the five-star....

12 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

2 things...

1. Looks like the DE/DT question is being answered. The closer he creeps to 300 lbs, the less likely he is to play DE. I still think he could lean out some and gain muscle and play DE at 270 lbs.

2. I assume he is speaking with Bone because he camped at UAT this weekend?

2 things...

1. Looks like the DE/DT question is being answered. The closer he creeps to 300 lbs, the less likely he is to play DE. I still think he could lean out some and gain muscle and play DE at 270 lbs.

2. I assume he is speaking with Bone because he camped at UAT this weekend?

Not necessarily why he is speaking with Bone. Along with covering Bammer recruiting for Scout Via bamamag.com Bone covers the whole state of Alabama in high school football recruiting news for Scout. It's common for Bone to post things about in state Auburn commits or prospects.

Looks like the DE/DT question is being answered. The closer he creeps to 300 lbs, the less likely he is to play DE. I still think he could lean out some and gain muscle and play DE at 270 lbs.

If he's really 6'4, he can stay at 280-290 and play as a big defensive end pretty well, provided maintains his agility with the weight. I've thought he was going to end up at tackle for a while now, anyway, but I could definitely see him crosstraining at end and tackle, especially like for third and long when the coaches want more of a pass rush option at DT (the role Craig Sanders has filled at times).

Regardless, dude is going to crack some skulls. I know how much we overuse descriptors such as beast or stud, but he is all that and then some. With him, Lawson, Bowers, and likely Adams, Auburn's defense is going to be set for the next 3-4 years simply because of how dominant the line will be.

Looks like the DE/DT question is being answered. The closer he creeps to 300 lbs, the less likely he is to play DE. I still think he could lean out some and gain muscle and play DE at 270 lbs.

If he's really 6'4, he can stay at 280-290 and play as a big defensive end pretty well, provided maintains his agility with the weight. I've thought he was going to end up at tackle for a while now, anyway, but I could definitely see him crosstraining at end and tackle, especially like for third and long when the coaches want more of a pass rush option at DT (the role Craig Sanders has filled at times).

Regardless, dude is going to crack some skulls. I know how much we overuse descriptors such as beast or stud, but he is all that and then some. With him, Lawson, Bowers, and likely Adams, Auburn's defense is going to be set for the next 3-4 years simply because of how dominant the line will be.

Just think, when the guys you just mentioned are Sophs and know what they are doing it will be at the same time Blackson, Wright, Sigler, Delaine, Owens will be Seniors and Nero, President, Niles are Juniors. That is pretty stout and including '12, it is 3 football seasons away. Reloading from the pipeline.

Regardless, dude is going to crack some skulls. I know how much we overuse descriptors such as beast or stud, but he is all that and then some. 

I like to mix in dome bussa or skull dragger to add in a little variety.

ETA-1 internet dollar to Mark Pera for the descriptions.

Regardless, dude is going to crack some skulls. I know how much we overuse descriptors such as beast or stud, but he is all that and then some. 

I like to mix in dome bussa or skull dragger to add in a little variety.

ETA-1 internet dollar to Mark Pera for the descriptions.

LOL!

Thanks for the laugh.

War Eagle

Well I for one can't wait to talk about Dee cracking some skulls over breakfast for the next few falls.

Archived