Funny quote from Cam

Ryan Sanders

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/nfl_lockout_leaves_josh_bynes.html

Munnerlyn worked out with and was impressed by that rookie quarterback, former Auburn star and No. 1 pick Cam Newton.

"He's a great kid, a great guy. He works hard. I'd say he's a workaholic," Munnerlyn said. "I didn't think he could throw at first, but I was wrong. I watched him in the 7-on-7 drills and he looks great. He's a big dude and a great athlete. I hope we can make something happen with him."

Munnerlyn also watched Newton last year, including part of the Tigers' 56-17 win over his alma mater in the SEC championship game.

"I couldn't go to the game because we were playing in Washington the next day," Munnerlyn said. "I watched some of it on TV. When it was 21-14 before the half, I thought we had a chance. Then Cam threw that Hail Mary for a touchdown and it was over. I turned it off.

"When I met him, I said, 'Cam, why did you have to do us like that, man?' He said, 'Well, I wanted to come to South Carolina, but coach (Steve) Spurrier wanted me to play tight end. He picked Stephen Garcia over me.' I said, 'Oh, that's a good reason.'"

Thought it was kinda funny, but most of all - Did Newton want to play with every team lol??

People say he wanted to play at Auburn but TT picked Kodi Burns over him. Now he says SS picked Garcia over him. He wanted to play at MSU. I think he just wanted to play anywhere lol.

Anyway.. thought that was interesting.

And don't forget, Urban Meyer had basically chosen John Brantley over Cam too, to follow Tebow.

And don't forget, Urban Meyer had basically chosen John Brantley over Cam too, to follow Tebow.

Seems Malzahn was the only one that believed in him as an SEC championship caliber QB...

Seems Malzahn was the only one that believed in him as an SEC championship caliber QB...

I trust Gus.

I trust Gus.

In Gus we trust. Seems like it should be added to the Auburn creed.

Archived