***AUBURN vs. Florida Atlantic Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope our players are ok. There were a good many helmet to helmet hits that were not called or the officials just didn't have a clue.

There are serious problems on this team. We are just completely out of sync on offense and defense. The O line is having a hard time blocking. I wish CGM will throw away the spread bubble screen to the slot receiver. I think we have ran it twenty times for ten yards or something. Michael Dyer needs to touch the ball at least twenty times a game. I know it was FAU maybe that was the reason tonight.

Too Too many holes on defense. Too many receivers open.....Way too many missed tackles. THIS MUST BE FIXED.

Chizik "proud of guys who stepped up to the plate." ...LaDarius Owens, Jermaine Whitehead, Brandon Fulse...

Chizik: "The bottom line is there are things we can build on. Three interceptions was big for us defensively."

Chizik: "Offensively, we struggled and we've got some things we've got to get corrected there....Really, from the opening play on."

Chizik: "A lot of times I felt like Barrett was running for his life tonight..and it's not necessarily an offensive line deal or a RB deal."

Chizik on October: "I don't need to stay a whole bunch about it. You guys know who we're playing. It's going to be an extremely tall order."

Onterio McCalebb, Trovon Reed both left late. No immediate details from Chizik.

Chizik on Whitehead's INT: "The timing was big. That was something we needed b/c we were struggling so much offensively."

@auburnbeat

That's an interesting comment about Trotter ... he's either referring to the WRs or Trotter himself. Hmm...

AU defeats Florida Atlantic 30-14, improving their record to 3-1. Share your thoughts...

Terrified for the rest of the season. Except for Samford and Ole Miss.

I wouldn't count Ole Miss right yet

Interesting that Chizik's that critical of the offense. He wasn't that critical of the defense until we lost.

Sick of the coachspeak.

Lemme guess how this week's practice will go:

Simplifying defense(again)

It's physical

If we can't handle FAU, then we are going to get killed next week against an awful, drunk Garcia.

Start KF. Trotter isn't getting it done by throwing the ball a thousand mph to someone 5 feet in front of him.

I like Trotter and I understand that he earned the starting role, but why in the world would you(coach) not leave Frazier in when it is obvious that he adds a different dynamic to this offense. I am happy that the team won, but disappointed that to me it looks like they are going backwards in identity.

Auburn's Gene Chizik on his defense: `We didn't play the way we wanted to play the whole night, but we certainly showed improvement.'

Auburn's Gene Chizik on the offense: `We know we have a chance to get better, and we know it has the capability of being explosive.'

@AUGoldMine

Was it me or did it look like Gus was slowing the offense's tempo perhaps to assist the defense. Certainly not the up tempo pace that Gus has favored int he past...Chizik's "input". Where did Dyer go?

Trotter: "There a lot of small details that could have made a big difference in getting ball in end zone that we didn't make happen."

Barrett Trotter on the Owls: "They were about like we expected. It was more us than it was them."

@auburnbeat

Are we wanting Chizik to say "yea, our team sucks. Our coaches suck. We have no confidence in ourselves" and throw his team under the bus, or what?

Trotter: "There a lot of small details that could have made a big difference in getting ball in end zone that we didn't make happen."

@auburnbeat

Like what? Looking lost and throwing the ball too hard at someone standing right in front of you?

Trotter's got an arm, but he has no touch.

Trovon Reed, Brandon Fulse, and Onterio McCalebb all appeared to get banged up...

Least of our worries.

This D gave up over 300 yards to the absolute worst team in all of college football.

Our KICKER was the MVP of the game.

Our offense scored 23 pts on FAU.

TWENTY THREE

Archived