***AUBURN vs. Florida Atlantic Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

I love you Malzahn but please please please stop throwing the quick screens. I know you are trying to set up pump-and-go routes, but the 10 quick screens a game you are calling right now are setting this offense back and killing drives. Still, I know you're going to call them so if you must please throw them to Emory. He's the only WR yet to turn your version of the quick screen into anything more than a 2-3 yard gain.

Defense? Well we can only pray.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually did see improvement in the defense last night. Were there still problems? Yeah. But then, I wouldn't expect them to turn from horrid to perfection in just one game. What I did see that I liked were that they were FINALLY disguising coverages. We've been getting killed all year from telegraphing what we were going to do before the ball was snapped. Neiko's INT was perfect example of this last night. Neiko was set in in the middle of the field while the QB was surveying the field. After the QB glanced at him and looked away, Neiko then moved up and towards the near sideline to give Mincy some help over the top. The QB never saw him, thought he had 1 on 1, and threw it right to Thorpe.

We did give FAU their first offensive TD of the season, but honestly, who didn't think this was going to happen? On the positive side we only gave up one.

I actually did see improvement in the defense last night. Were there still problems? Yeah. But then, I wouldn't expect them to turn from horrid to perfection in just one game. What I did see that I liked were that they were FINALLY disguising coverages. We've been getting killed all year from telegraphing what we were going to do before the ball was snapped. Neiko's INT was perfect example of this last night. Neiko was set in in the middle of the field while the QB was surveying the field. After the QB glanced at him and looked away, Neiko then moved up and towards the near sideline to give Mincy some help over the top. The QB never saw him, thought he had 1 on 1, and threw it right to Thorpe.

We did give FAU their first offensive TD of the season, but honestly, who didn't think this was going to happen? On the positive side we only gave up one.

I agree. This was the first game this season that this defense has actually taken a step in the right direction in my eyes. My prayer is that we continue to progress.

Beat the Cocks! :lol: War Eagle!

Agree about the defense. Sure, we made the worst offense in the country look decent, but I do think we did some things better and that might be just the kind of things our players need to build their confidence and continue to get better.

Besides, I feel like everyone should be praising the defense here, since before the game a lot were predicting we'd give up way more than 307 yards and 14 points...

From another thread, I see where people posted that we might can keep them under 500 yards, they will score at least 2 touchdowns, game will end 52-34, their QB will throw for 250+ yards... That's just in one thread. Well, our defense kept them to 307 yards, they had one touchdown, score was 30-14, and their QB got 199 yards. Based on those "the sky is falling" predictions, I'd say our defense passed, in a big way!

Archived