Auburn v. USCe post game thread

TexasTiger

That was the weirdest game I've ever seen. That was just strange.

On Dyer/Lattimore III Dyer wins again.

In three games head-to-head Michael Dyer has out rushed Marcus Lattimore 305 yards to 183 yards. Dyer is 3-0 against Lattimore. Dyer also has an SEC Championship, National Championship and BCS Game MVP to his credit. Think we got the right tailback?

And yet Dyer isn't mentioned in the Heisman talk...

Don't worry, if he keeps up the 100 yard games he will be.

Time to go hunt some piggies.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<quote>Alright be honest, who did the Lutzie after the TD?</quote>

I won't lie. I totally did it. Especially knowing it was the play called from last year's IB.

Defense played very well in comparison to previous 4 games. USCe didn't help themselves either as Garcia showed his knack for making bad decisions. Still, the D held Lattimore in check and never allowed SC to get anything going.

Trotter: Not sure what to think other than THROW THE DANG BALL! Even if it's later ruled intention grounding, I'd rather see him throw it away than run backwards across the width of the field. Other than Blake, do we have any deep threats? Makes us completely one-dimensional.

Dyer: Stud. So thankful CGM got the ground game going and didn't abandon it.

Happy for the win. Proved a lot of pundits wrong and more importantly, (using the cliche') showed that even when down, Auburn overcame adversity and played to the final whistle.

WDE!

Tonight proved that our defense can play at this level even though they are young and inexperienced if they are prepared and coached properly. I get sick of the youth excuses. Yes we will get better with more time and experience, but that has not been our issue. We have been unprepared by the staff for what the other team is going to do .

Good win guys. AU surprised me with their very good defensive play. Kind of a sloppy game by both offenses but a win is a win especially on the road. Good luck against Arky. Top 15 matchup. Should be interesting.

Any update on Blake?

He went back in for a play or two last night.

He said today that he was fine.

Stats of the game, per today's Sports Call:

1. During the first 59 minutes and 38 seconds of the game, USC ran exactly one play in Auburn territory.

2. Average starting field position:

Auburn - Auburn 42 yard line

USC - USC 15 yard line (six drives started at the 12 yard line or worse)

Here's to winning ugly. Hope we do it again this week!

Archived