Anti-Rammer Jammer

jared52

Quioting BG: "28-27 doesn't bother me. Auburn won. It was 11 months ago. My how things change in 11 months."

Nothing has changed from 12 months ago. This week last year bammer was said to be unbeatable, the only question being what unlucky team the Fightin' Sabans would smash in the BCS game. A fourth place finish in the SEC west was just around the corner, 12 months ago.

But they have. This time last year you all were undefeated.

I should have simplified it for you. Here ya' go: Nothing has changed with respect to UAT.

Can you honestly see us finishing worse than second in the West this year?

12 months ago you guys couldn't conceive of the idea that you would finish lower than 1st in the nation. Second in the West was no where in the picture.

Would you and Mikey actually keel over and die if you admitted that either Bama or LSU will more than likely be the representative from the West in the SEC Championship, and that more than likely the other team would finish second? I mean, if it would...please don't say anything. I don't want you guys to die.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you and Mikey actually keel over and die if you admitted that either Bama or LSU will more than likely be the representative from the West in the SEC Championship, and that more than likely the other team would finish second? I mean, if it would...please don't say anything. I don't want you guys to die.

There are a number of people here who still don't think we deserved it in 09. Denial is easier than acceptance.

Bama may very well be on the road to another 3 loss season. Auburn may be on the way to going 11-1. But the performances on the field to date haven't indicated that those are likely.

Quioting BG: "28-27 doesn't bother me. Auburn won. It was 11 months ago. My how things change in 11 months."

Nothing has changed from 12 months ago. This week last year bammer was said to be unbeatable, the only question being what unlucky team the Fightin' Sabans would smash in the BCS game. A fourth place finish in the SEC west was just around the corner, 12 months ago.

I should have simplified it for you. Here ya' go: Nothing has changed with respect to UAT.

12 months ago you guys couldn't conceive of the idea that you would finish lower than 1st in the nation. Second in the West was no where in the picture.

I realize it's hard but at least try to keep up. I haven't said anything about this year. My only post pointed out the bammers incredible, over inflated opinion of their team last year.

You mean don't say anything like you guys disappeared last year when your latest greatest team of all time coughed up a 24 point lead on their own field? Now you come back 11 months down the road talking about how great the latest greatest turd team of all time is?

I realize it's hard but at least try to keep up. I haven't said anything about this year. My only post pointed out the bammers incredible, over inflated opinion of their team last year.

You mean don't say anything like you guys disappeared last year when your latest greatest team of all time coughed up a 24 point lead on their own field? Now you come back 11 months down the road talking about how great the latest greatest turd team of all time is?

Yeah we were SOOOO over inflated.

We lost to LSU by 3 points on the road, and lost to the national champion by 1 point.

Stop acting like we were some 6-6 also ran last year. At the end of the season, we were the 2nd best team in the nation.

We lost to LSU by 3 points on the road, and lost to the national champion by 1 point.

Stop acting like we were some 6-6 also ran last year. At the end of the season, we were the 2nd best team in the nation.

I'm not acting like you went 6-6. Merely pointing out the bammer fans claiming a dynasty before the game with Texas was over.

Then reality hit.

I'm not acting like you went 6-6. Merely pointing out the bammer fans claiming a dynasty before the game with Texas was over.

Then reality hit.

Reality that our 3 loss team was only 1 point worse than the best team in Auburn history?

Pretty high standards you got there. The only confidence in our team can be justified is with a national title. Otherwise we're arrogant a-holes?

Then reality hit.

Reality that our 3 loss team was only 1 point worse than the best team in Auburn history?

Pretty high standards you got there. The only confidence in our team can be justified is with a national title. Otherwise we're arrogant a-holes?

How did you feel when AU spotted Bammer 24 in the first half then came back and kicked the door down?

That choke job in Bryant Denney last year still grates on your ass doesn't it?

Then reality hit.

IMO, 2004 was the best team in Auburn History and reality in 2009 was a 5 loss Auburn team was only 5 points worse(led for over 58 mins) than possibly the best Bama team in history. :poke: But Honestly I dont see how any of that relates to the discussion.

I think what is trying to be said that you are missing BG is every year we hear that "Bama is Back," "Best Team of All-Time" "Dynasty in the Making" only to see them fall apart down the stretch. Is this Alabama team talented? Sure it is. Does it have a great defense? Sure. But we've seen this model before and it has succeeded a couple times but failed many times before also. Every team no matter how talented people claim them to be have tests during the year where they have to win a game coming back from behind late, or in an unconventional way for that team. Many people are not sold on A.J. being able to get the job done when the running game is not working and he has to throw the ball and the defense knows it. Will Bama be put in this situation this year? Odds say more than likely yes but at this point A.J. had done nothing in his career to show that he can carry a team on his back, that's all people are saying.

I think what is trying to be said that you are missing BG is every year we hear that "Bama is Back," "Best Team of All-Time" "Dynasty in the Making" only to see them fall apart down the stretch.

I find it hard think going 41-5 since 2007 is indicative of a team that isn't "back." If going 41-5 in 3.5 years isn't back, I don't know what is. Cripes. Do we have to go 14-0 EVERY YEAR before we're allowed to be confident in our team?

After starting 12-0 in 2008, and going 14-0 in 2009, what kind of confidence level SHOULD we have had last year? Geez.

"Well guys, we've gone 26-2 in the last two years, I'm sure hopin we make a bowl game this season!"

I think what is trying to be said that you are missing BG is every year we hear that "Bama is Back," "Best Team of All-Time" "Dynasty in the Making" only to see them fall apart down the stretch.

I find it hard think going 41-5 since 2007 is indicative of a team that isn't "back." If going 41-5 in 3.5 years isn't back, I don't know what is. Cripes. Do we have to go 14-0 EVERY YEAR before we're allowed to be confident in our team?

After starting 12-0 in 2008, and going 14-0 in 2009, what kind of confidence level SHOULD we have had last year? Geez.

"Well guys, we've gone 26-2 in the last two years, I'm sure hopin we make a bowl game this season!"

No one is saying you can't be confident in your team but you know and I know that the only measure by a successful season for the majority of Bama fans is a MNC. Also It seems you and your fan base get all up in arms anytime someone thinks the "Mighty Tahd" might get beat. News Flash for you, THIS IS AN AUBURN FORUM. People are gonna hate on Alabama and talk trash about them. If you dont like it go back and crawl in your hole where you were hiding for the past 8 months crying over Cam Newton and Auburn kicking the Updyke's 2009 season to the curb and 1 uping them in the process.

You can deny it until you are blue in the face but we all know why you disappeared from this site for 8 months and convinetly showed back up at this point to tell us how "great the tahd is." I use to enjoy your posts and commentary back on the AUN days but know we are seeing how much what happened in November and January really affected you.

No one is saying you can't be confident in your team but you know and I know that the only measure by a successful season for the majority of Bama fans is a MNC. Also It seems you and your fan base get all up in arms anytime someone thinks the "Mighty Tahd" might get beat. News Flash for you, THIS IS AN AUBURN FORUM. People are gonna hate on Alabama and talk trash about them. If you dont like it go back and crawl in your hole where you were hiding for the past 8 months crying over Cam Newton and Auburn kicking the Updyke's 2009 season to the curb and 1 uping them in the process.

You can deny it until you are blue in the face but we all know why you disappeared from this site for 8 months and convinetly showed back up at this point to tell us how "great the tahd is." I use to enjoy your posts and commentary back on the AUN days but know we are seeing how much what happened in November and January really affected you.

People don't mourn some deaths for 11 months. I can't believe you guys think I'm soooo torn up about the loss last November -- a football game. I'm not. I was there, it was a great game. It sucked we lost, but I expected to lose. Does it make you guys FEEL better to think that we're all sitting at home still crying about one game 11 months later? When we stomped your ass in the dirt 38-0, were you upset about it in October 2009? Were you eaten up with frustration when you were undefeated last year 5-6 games into the season -- about the game in Auburn the year prior?

I've been on this site for what, 10-11 years? I was on this site during the 6 game losing streak. Came back after every loss. Look it up. So you think one loss in a season where we were already 9-2 just devastated me to my core...so bad that I'd have to leave? Give me a break dude.

I came back because someone whom I've traded private messages with in the past shot me a few messages and started back up a conversation. So I decided enough time had passed that I could post a bit without you guys crucifying me like you did in my last post before I left.

I don't expect you guys to think we are unbeatable. But I don't understand why some get butthurt when Bama fans here offer valid counterpoints and observations. As if being on an Auburn board requires suspension of reality.

It is hilarious to see bammers come here trying to rationalize why they have become little sister and how great they still are. Any loses on the record is always a fluke of some kind. Oh well as one said, nothing has changed.

It is hilarious to see bammers come here trying to rationalize why they have become little sister and how great they still are. Any loses on the record is always a fluke of some kind. Oh well as one said, nothing has changed.

How are we "little sister?" You've beaten us once in 3 tries. It took a once in a lifetime juco transfer to do it. You lost two heading into that struck by lighting scenario (including a 38-0 beatdown), and based on the product on the field this year, you're heading towards another loss from us with life post Cam.

The losses aren't flukes. It's just that since we've started this run, they've been quite few and far between. I can say, that without a doubt, the 5 losses we've sustained since 2007 -- we deserved to lose. Just like the 13 losses you've experienced in that same time.

How are we "little sister?" You've beaten us once in 3 tries. It took a once in a lifetime juco transfer to do it. You lost two heading into that struck by lighting scenario (including a 38-0 beatdown), and based on the product on the field this year, you're heading towards another loss from us with life post Cam.

The losses aren't flukes. It's just that since we've started this run, they've been quite few and far between. I can say, that without a doubt, the 5 losses we've sustained since 2007 -- we deserved to lose. Just like the 13 losses you've experienced in that same time.

Well since you like history look at the record of Auburn vs. bama since Bear Byyant died.

Well since you like history look at the record of Auburn vs. bama since Bear Byyant died.

Wasn't that in like 1983?

And you say we live in the past.

Wasn't that in like 1983?

OK I will concede and refrase.......bama has been the red headed stepchild since the Bear died.

OK I will concede and refrase.......bama has been the red headed stepchild since the Bear died.

I don't know. Who has more national titles? SEC titles? SEC title game appearances? 10 win seasons?

I'm sure you have an edge in wins given your 6 year run. But little sister or step child usually implies some sort of dominance. And since you're currently on the losing end of 2 out of 3, and struggling with FAU and Utah St...I'd say you're in no position to call anyone your stepchild or little sister.

I guess you haven't figured out that you don't have to say "go to hell" to imply "go to hell". Oh, that's right you're an Alabama fan. Guess you do.

Seriously, worst retort ever.

Also, quotations go on the outside of punctuation. They taught me that when I took English.

Did they also teach you to use verbs in your, er...sentences?

BG and his "two of three" stuff is a hoot. Auburn has won 8 of the last 11 Iron Bowls. That's dominance.

I find it hilarious that they keep pulling up their 36-0 win as something significant. That Auburn team lost to Vandy for the first time since 1955. They lost to South Florida. The coach was on his way out. If being able to run up the score on a team like that is their only brag point they ain't got much to brag about.

I suppose they are aware of their atrocious record against winning Auburn teams so they avoid that discussion like then plague. Poor bamzos....

People don't mourn some deaths for 11 months. I can't believe you guys think I'm soooo torn up about the loss last November -- a football game. I'm not. I was there, it was a great game. It sucked we lost, but I expected to lose. Does it make you guys FEEL better to think that we're all sitting at home still crying about one game 11 months later? When we stomped your ass in the dirt 38-0, were you upset about it in October 2009? Were you eaten up with frustration when you were undefeated last year 5-6 games into the season -- about the game in Auburn the year prior?

I've been on this site for what, 10-11 years? I was on this site during the 6 game losing streak. Came back after every loss. Look it up. So you think one loss in a season where we were already 9-2 just devastated me to my core...so bad that I'd have to leave? Give me a break dude.

I came back because someone whom I've traded private messages with in the past shot me a few messages and started back up a conversation. So I decided enough time had passed that I could post a bit without you guys crucifying me like you did in my last post before I left.

I don't expect you guys to think we are unbeatable. But I don't understand why some get butthurt when Bama fans here offer valid counterpoints and observations. As if being on an Auburn board requires suspension of reality.

I think you are torn up about the 28-27 loss. I think you will ALWAYS be torn up about it. You guys had a 24-0 lead on us and only had to hold THAT lead to keep us from tying you for alltime number of BCS NCs. You KNEW you had that game in the bag. You were already thinking of how you would smugly rub it in to your AU friends. You were probably planning posts on this site. You had to watch us chant "go to hell Alabama" in your stadium. In YOUR stadium!(yes, it is also classless when we do it) If that wasn't bad enough then you got to watch Cam Newton win the Heisman Trophy. You know he knew about what his Dad did but there he stood with a big smile and those funny ears, holding the undeserved trophy. And, sure, you are an SEC guy, and there is a part of you that was proud that AU made it 5 straight MNCs for the SEC, but deep down you did NOT want AU to be in your exclusive MNC club. You wanted to watch those smokin' hot Oregon cheerleaders celebrate their victory over AU and then tell your AU buddies how we may get another chance in a few years. But it happened. Chizik held up the crystal trophy, we joined your exclusive fraternity, and now we are almost as arrogant as your UAT buddies on Tider Insider...all because UAT couldn't hold on to a 24 point lead. So, yeah, I think you're torn up about that loss (note the correct use of "you're"). But, hey, what do I know...it's just a game, right?

You could rightfully be considered 'little sister' because for the last 30 years Auburn has outperformed you. The only extended era in which you regularly outperformed Auburn was during the tenure of a chach who died nearly 29 years ago.

Don't count a win until you have it. a year ago this time you were claiming no one could stop bama's march to another BCS title.

If you don't win the west and beat Auburn then you will have egg on your faces and Saban will be facing some very disgruntled big moneyed boosters.

Yes you were. Not because 10-3 is a bad season, but because you had spent the forst 10 months of 2010 claiming that you had a free ride to Glendale and that no one could possibly stop the greatest CFB team of all time. And that's exactly what you're claiming again. You'll claim the same next year, and the year after, and the year after. You claim it every year. You claim every spring that there's no need to play the season, just go ahead and engrave the trophy now.

When you behave that way, anything less than what you lay claim to means you're vastly over-rated.

Archived