Arky postgame thread

TitanTiger

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Props to the Defense for another well played game. They made some good adjustments in the second half and the Defense stepped up! Bottom line..Bad penalties, Bad QB & WR play killed us in this game! Hope the Offense finds itself like the Defense has done!

Looks like Blake being out rely held our passing at bay. Trotter never looked confident passing to his receivers.

D and O seemed to have flipped their play.

The holding call on BEnton that brought back the Lutz first down catch in the 2nd was a super huge momentum change. I don't remember one play affecting a game so much, especially one that seemed other wise pretty insignificant. Shows that every single play matters. You can't take a down or a second off when the ball is live.

Also, our offensive line is not getting ANY push. They are getting pushed around like children playing with men.

Ok, I'll chime in. No way Trotter plays like a starter for any SEC team. He doesn't throw well, makes poor decisions and holds on to the ball too long. He may be OK as a back up, but as one dimensional we were today is completely unacceptable.

Benson has been a complete disappointment. Dropped numerous passes and even took a few stupid penalties. He needs to ride pine.

The coaching staff bears most of the brunt of this loss, IMO for allowing themselves to go completely one dimensional and allowing the pigs to completely sell out against the run. The D played improved, and Dyer tried, but when 11 guys swarm him every play you can't expect too much.

CGM, Trotter and Benton should share a rental car home.

Turn the reigns over to Fraizer - we won't win any more games because of him, but we won't loose any more either, and I like our odds for next year better.

I don' think we need to worry about anyone taking Malzahn away from us at the end of the year.

Our D played admirably but just didn't have the support of the O. Our punter played a great game; other thank the shanked punt at first he did everything asked of him.

The los of Blake and Reed hurts a lot but Trotter can't hit the long ball and his short ones are so hard that our receivers can't eye them in.

I'd have liked to see Mosely play the whole 4th qtr if nto more.

Also, our offensive line is not getting ANY push. They are getting pushed around like children playing with men.

Our offense ran for almost 300 yds. I don't think lack of push is the problem.

The coaching staff bears most of the brunt of this loss, IMO for allowing themselves to go completely one dimensional and allowing the pigs to completely sell out against the run. The D played improved, and Dyer tried, but when 11 guys swarm him every play you can't expect too much.

The coaches didn't "allow" us to become one-dimensional. We became one-dimensional because no matter what pass play was called, someone (usually the QB) managed to screw it up with a bad throw or an INT. And when the QB didn't screw it up, a WR would have the dropsies.

I thought the defense played a very good game and gave us an opportunity to win but the offense passing was horrible. What is the problem with Mosley that he can't get in the game. Putting him in with 30 seconds left is like kicking him in the teeth..

But most of Dyer]s up the middle runs went nowhere.

Defense getting better is a good sign. The offensive problems remind me of the three game losing streak in 2009. We came out of that ok.

Arkansas only had 40 more yards than us. 435-395. Shouldn't lose by 24 when that happens.

That's b/c Arky knew we couldn't throw the ball as the game went on..so they just loaded the box.

If this team could ever put it all together just once they will beat the heck out of someone. Lot of talent just inconsistent play. When the light finally comes on they will beat the crap out of someone they are not supposed too.

If this team could ever put it all together just once they will beat the heck out of someone. Lot of talent just inconsistent play. When the light finally comes on they will beat the crap out of someone they are not supposed too.

I'd like to see this. Especially against the Updykes.

The coaches didn't "allow" us to become one-dimensional. We became one-dimensional because no matter what pass play was called, someone (usually the QB) managed to screw it up with a bad throw or an INT. And when the QB didn't screw it up, a WR would have the dropsies.

Although I can't completely disagree, they did stop trying to throw. And if the QB can't throw at this point and receivers can't catch that is a coaching isssue. Why not throw Clint in sooner? At this point, if we don't learn to throw and catch we are in very serious trouble.

I'd like to see this. Especially against the Updykes.

More likely against Georgia or every game next year.

Has Clint Mosely committed some unpardonable sin? Why has he not even sniffed the field since game 1?

This! Makes me wonder if trotter does just enough to make sure we never see Clint.

True. But when a defense realizes you can't pitch it in the ocean, they're going to load the box. And you can't run wide all night. Especially if you're going to get flagged for holding whenever you do.

Archived