AU v. FL post-game thread

TexasTiger

Yup, and the passing game does the same thing to open it up. DBs are not going to come up as hard for run support if there is that passing threat, add the run threat from the QB, then the LBs have to respect the option plays as the QB running. It makes our offense much, much more effective and potent to have that threat at the QB to run.

The offense doesn't absolutely need a running quarterback...its just that without one the passing game has to be really good in order to open up the run game. What we're seeing is shotty QB play and because of that, extremely "safe" playcalling. Then we get into 3rd and long and you're asking a shaky, non-confident QB to make a play when the defense knows you have to pass.

Against teams like Florida who we can actually stop defensively (because of their also terrible QB situation) this can lead to wins; but we'll need to actually try to open things up against good teams or else we'll get smoked. If you try this pass-as-a-last-resort gameplay against LSU or Alabama we'll get killed.

OH, definitely agree!! IF the D continues playing well next week at LSu and the O continues to progress as I think they might with Moseley at the helm, I'm sure he will be starter for next week. UT was able to move the ball in the 1st quarter, but w/o a passing threat, LSu quickly closed it down shutting down the UT run game. It will take a great game by all facets for AU to win, but AU can do it.

Big win for us; it all but guarantees us a bowl game, and sets us up nicely for a potential 8 win season. Considering most were predicting 6-6 as a good year, I'll definitely take it! Our team is growing up, especially on defense. I know Florida's offense is pretty terrible right now, but anytime our defense can play with confidence like that it is sure to help them mature down the road. And, as someone mentioned, we gave up less points to Florida than LSU. Not saying our defense is even close to that level, but I think it definitely shows the progress they've made this season.

I don't expect to beat LSU or Bama, but I am certainly not counting anything out. If we can get Blake back and healthy and maybe spark things on offense a bit with Moseley, maybe we'll stand a fair shot in those games. Crazy stuff can happen, and I think our team has a whole lot of fight in them!

Our defense continues to improve. Clint Mosely looked very good in his first chance at some jamor playing time. Lemonier had a great game, as did Eguae (sp?) and hopefully both will be leaders to bring the younger players on our defense along with them.

With more game experience our offense stands a good chance of becoming respectable before season's end, especially if Mosely can give them a passing game that has to be respected. Witht eh return of Edwards and Reed this is a distinct possibility.

Auburn won't be winning any titles this year, but none of us expected them to. What does look to be a realistic possibility is an 8-4 (maybe even a 9-3) regular season, which is a lot better than most people expected from ur young guys when the season started.

What is certain is that things look a whole lot better than they did only a few weeks ago in September.

In truth, Florida people has as much reason to be optimistic about next year and the following as we do. We're both young and learning. Both have a good HC and both sets of players are capable of being very good with a season's experience under their belts.

As Stan White pointed out before the game, between them Auburn and Florida have accounted for 4 of the last 7 SEC titles, and 3 of the last 5 National titles. Those are pretty good credentials. There is every reason to expect both these teams to be back on top in the very near future.

Auburn is in good hands. The events of this week have shown that clearly.

I think Auburn's going to be fine. Nothing great this year but things seem to be headed in the right dirrection.

Remember the last time we were saying that? It was after the 2009 season. We were right. Things were definitely headed in the right direction. They are now too.

Can anyone tell me where Todd's Taste of the Town went?

Pannie-George's Kitchen

Thanks. Never heard of it!

It is a little restaurant right off the interstate on South College. They have excellent fried chicken :thumbsup:

Hate it for BT, but in all honesty, the guy seems to be regressing as the season moves on. Really disappointing to see.

Clint looked more confident and energized, and ready to get out there and kick some azz. But even so, Kiehl clearly has more skills at his disposal, than either Barrett or Clint. And I really like his composure out there as well.

The D is really coming along. I kinda expected this , but sooner. Glad they're growing up.

As a side note, I kinda had mixed feelings on the special segment espn did on Toomer's. I hate seeing this story, because it only pisses me off all that much more. And the fact that espn is doing it, after all the trash their network and their employees hurled at Auburn, over the last year, only to then feign concern and interest over our trees, really does show me how hypocritical they are. What ever it takes to make a buck, huh?

But then it occurs to me that, the more this story is told, the more folks come to see what a typical, average, every day alabama fan is capable of doing, and just how f-ing crazy their entire fan base are, I guess it's for a good cause. The more folks who know what bama football is all about, that it's about updykes and the scott moores of the world, the better.

As a side note, I kinda had mixed feelings on the special segment espn did on Toomer's. I hate seeing this story, because it only pisses me off all that much more. And the fact that espn is doing it, after all the trash their network and their employees hurled at Auburn, over the last year, only to then feign concern and interest over our trees, really does show me how hypocritical they are. What ever it takes to make a buck, huh?

They weren't feigning concern, they were trying to regain the trust of Auburn fans after the hatchet jobs we've been getting since early October last year...

Archived