:om: 23

WAR EAGLE!

- Emory Blake: 5 rec, 71yds, 1TD

- Michael Dyer: 28 car, 177yds, 1TD

- Eltoro Freeman: 11 tackles

- Philip Lutzenkirchen: 3 rec, 27yds, 2TDs

- Onterio McCalebb: 15 car, 61yds

- Clint Moseley: 12-15, 150yds, 4TDs

AU is now 6-3 (4-2 SEC) on the season. The 4-2 number is particularly impressive and I think most realistic fans would have taken it back in August...

AU is now 6-3 (4-2 SEC) on the season. The 4-2 number is particularly impressive and I think most realistic fans would have taken it back in August...

Did anyone else notice towards the end of the game when espn put up the standings of the sec west they said we were 6-3 overall and 3-3 in conference

Gene Chizik: "When we've lost, our team has been really resilient. We're going to take a lot of positives away from the game."

Chizik: "It was a great team win. When one part of our team was not necessarily producing, another part of it was."

Chizik: "We have not let one loss beat us twice in a row. For a young football team, that speaks highly of them."

Chizik: "When the outside world is saying 'how are you going to win any in October,' that's all well and good. But nobody in the locker room's saying that."

Chizik said Cody Parkey was "off the chart" with his kickoffs. "He's just an incredible weapon for us."

Chizik, on Emory Blake: "You can see the impact he certainly has in our offense."

Chizik said Clint Moseley "did a good job of getting the ball where he needed to get it most of the time. It was a better night for Clint."

Chizik said he doesn't regret decision to not go to Moseley earlier in the year.

Chizik said he's "really, really proud" of Eltoro Freeman: "He's a very emotional player. I think he's getting better every week."

Chizik said Freeman "is playing with energy. He's playing with passion. I don't think I've seen him have this much fun in two years here."

Chizik said Mike Dyer "has had some tough sledding here the last couple weeks. You just got to keep chopping wood, and you do what you do."

Chizik said Gabe Wright "is ready. I think his maturation progress from August til now has been huge. It was time for him to start."

Chizik said Kenneth Carter "has played well for us, but he's been banged up. It was just time" for Wright.

@AUBlog

Chizik: "The question I get a lot is, 'How does your team respond after losses?'... I can't say we had any bad days of practice."

Chizik on Emory Blake: "Emory's not 100 percent. He's still got a long way to 100 percent..He's still playing beat up, but he was ready to go."

Chizik on Eltoro Freeman: "He's a very emotional player." He's learning to "calm down" and "absorb the game plan."

Chizik: "We've lost 3 games to the No. 1, number whatever and number whatever teams in the country."

@auburnbeat

Did anyone else notice towards the end of the game when espn put up the standings of the sec west they said we were 6-3 overall and 3-3 in conference

Yup, I mentioned that in the chat. ESPN was geared up for an AU loss.

Yup, I mentioned that in the chat. ESPN was geared up for an AU loss.

No the LSU loss was so bad they counted it twice.

Auburn is 19-1 under Chizik when intercepting a pass. Weird.

Auburn now has won 69 consecutive games when scoring 30 +points.

Auburn is 289-4 all time when scoring 30+ points.

Michael Dyer now has 2,082 yards for his career. He's already ahead of Lionel James, who finished with 2,068. (Dyer is in 13th place overall)

@HABOTN

CB T'Sharvan Bell intercepted a pass Saturday, and S Erique Florence and S Neiko Thorpe made had important break-ups. DC Ted Roof was impressed. "That's an improvement from past years -- these guys are making plays on thrown balls."

WR Emory Blake had five catches for 71 yards in his return to the lineup Saturday night. He missed most of three games with an ankle injury. "He really gave us a shot in the arm," OC Gus Malzahn said. "Emory really opens things up and I think he gives everybody confidence."

LB Eltoro Freeman was the defensive star on Saturday night, getting a team-high 11 tackles, including two sacks. "I'm a senior -- If I want those guys flying around and making plays, I have to do that myself," he said.

OC Gus Malzahn doesn't have to watch film this time -- he's already prepared to deem QB Clint Moseley's outing against Ole Miss a success. "Very efficient with the ball in the passing game and he made some good decisions," Malzahn said. "Very proud of him right now." Moseleywas 12 of 15 for 160 yards and four TDs.

@CBSSportsAuburn

T'Sharvan Bell said he thought he was taking his INT to the house: "But the gas tank wasn't full. It had about a quarter left."

Emory Blake said he was playing at about 75 percent tonight. But he didn't feel any pain on the field.

@AUBlog

Auburn is now bowl-eligible at 6-3 and is 4-2 in SEC play. What the Tigers have been able to do this season after all of the parts they lost has been very impressive. There are a few teams around the league that would love to have what Auburn has right now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/31726/bug-second-half-pushes-auburn-to-win

Free postgame video interview with Auburn coach Gene Chizik ... http://bit.ly/uRcjNJ

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kjMZzMNUjNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Free postgame video with Auburn OC Gus Malzahn and offensive players ... http://bit.ly/sWbvTI

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bm1S6NjMvzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@BMatt247

I was very glad to see Malzahn let Mosely actually run the offense and get the feel for running at full tempo, rather than replacing him fro Fraizer every 3rd play.

But Ole Miss gaining more rushing yards in the 1st half than they usually do in a whole game was unsettling.

Well, I didn't join you fellas in the chat this week.

Not because I don't love ya, but mostly...because it would've been really awkward to do so on my phone in the stadium!

Great win, beautiful night game. Feels great to be back on the plains.

WDE!

Archived