***Iron Bowl - Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Tough game. Good win for Bama.

I felt going into this year that Auburn was a year out, I still feel that way. But I think you guys find a QB, and you'll be fine.

Really thought Frazier should have gotten more snaps in this one.

Pretty amazing that potentially 3 straight Heismans and 3 straight championships had to get there via the Iron Bowl.

Still the best rivalry in sports.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing just hit me. Life's not soo bad. We could stink as bad as Florida and Tennessee.

Amen Brother!

Ready to see a new defensive coordinator. While they did better later in the game they just handed them two touchdowns with people that were wide freaking open. Three years of just busts and....arrrg. I have finally lost my patience with that.

Gus gets another year due to the offensive line. If it doesn't get better next year, well then it was all Cam or he just can't adjust now that others have adjusted to him. These guys just don't have the strength and experience to compete with a average defensive line. Think that is a major reason our offense looks out of sync and Gus is trying things left and right. Cause nothing works without blocking. Though I am tired of some of the cuteness that goes on with our offense and would like to see a just line up in the I and run the ball in some of those short yard situations. Least then we would only lose 1 yard vs 5-6 yards.

I knew we were young, and knew we were going to struggle. But man, its like we have just started going backwards and do more damage to ourselves than opposing teams do. The L's don't bother me, its the fact that we just imploded and got blown out every time.

I do wish we would of stop all the rotating QB stuff and just red shirted Frazier and let him earn it in the spring or just sold out on him and took the lumps this season. I appreciate all the work and effort Mosely and Trotter put in and know they tried their best, but they just are not at this level. Though in their defense neither is out offensive line.

Hopefully we learn more about ourselves with the extra time we will have for bowl prep.

YES! The play-calling on short yardage situations was so frustrating this year!

Well......at the beginning of the season I predicted 5 wins. We have 7. So whoopty doo. Its the number of lopsided losses that soured the season. Given those losses and upcoming coaching changes, let's hope we can hang on to our recruiting class and close with some strong OL/DL and LBs. Gotta start winning the trenches to have any success.

I'm still trying figure the dyer wildcat play on 4th and short.

That, more than any other inexplicable play call this year by Mahlzan, has me dumbfounded.

Bring back the screen pass. Bring back the out routes. Bring back the post pattern. Bring back the "dump off to the RB over the middle". Run the bubble screen two or three times per game (not 10).

Amen..>Dyer gets close to 5 yards everytime he touched the ball and you reward him by pulling him and trying a "trick" running play with Frazier and McCalleb...like no one knew what was going on!

Hey, ever the optimist, did anyone else think when it was 27-14 just a score, hold them then another score we could win 28-27? I sure was but then something else happened!

The Frazier pitch to omac should've been fielded, and it would've picked up a chunk of yards.

I'm also not a fan of being 3rd and goal on the 5 yard line and sticking Moseley in. At the very least Frazier might be able to scramble to the endzone.

The Frazier pitch to omac should've been fielded, and it would've picked up a chunk of yards.

I'm also not a fan of being 3rd and goal on the 5 yard line and sticking Moseley in. At the very least Frazier might be able to scramble to the endzone.

More so than CM's attempted scramble...

Hey, ever the optimist, did anyone else think when it was 27-14 just a score, hold them then another score we could win 28-27? I sure was but then something lose happened!

The thought did cross my mind. But we already scored once on defense and once on special teams. Tough to pull that off again.

Here we go, I'm going to start it. Fire Gus, Fire Roof, Fire Chizik, Fire Mosley -- Fire Everyone!

Oh well, I am just kidding, I think we will have a pretty good team next year. No where but up from here!

I would love to be optimistic but I have seen nothing to indicate that we get better next year. We have a huge QB and OL problem. Somebody give me some hope.

We'll have a new OC and DC?

Huge OL problems is an understatement...at one point this season I was hoping we would throw some of the other true freshmen Ol in there and get experience...couldnt have been much worse!

I think a year in the Gym and a year of dedication to get better by the oline will help tremendously. We were said to have recruited one the best oline in the country over the past two years and we will get there. Both Bama and LSU are going to make us look bad this year. They have made everyone look bad.

Defense showed up at first, till they realized YET AGAIN that the offense was going to give them zero support.

I see all these threads calling for CTR's head on a platter but CGM apparently gets a bye on the "inexperience" card.

Plus eleventy billion for special teams, though...that was the high point of the day.

not me - i say put gus on the next bus to chapel hill. i am tired of this high school gimmick offense. the sec d coordinators have broke the code.

^^^This 1,000%!!!^^^

I would love to be optimistic but I have seen nothing to indicate that we get better next year. We have a huge QB and OL problem. Somebody give me some hope.

Remember how bad Ben Leard looked early in his career. If we can sure up the OL I think we make big improvements next year.

Win or lose, I wish I could have gone. I went to Auburn a few years ago when Saban first came, and my experience was great there.

Glad our teams played with great class and respect. Good luck next year, and hopefully I can make it down in a couple.

Very disappointed in our offensive execution this year. I blame it on inexperience the first six or so games. After that....you have to blame it on something else. The O line was pathetic all year. They never got better. QB play was atrocious. Mosley and Trotter both proved they are not even close to decent QB's. Why we did not play KF much more to get him ready I do not know.

CGM coached his worse year of college football. The play calling in crucial situations this year was awful.I was very disappointed in him. If he is going to North Carolina then don't let the door hit him in the A$$. If not then he better get his you know what in gear.

Our defense was just as bad. They would show up a series here and there and then vanish again. 3 years is more than enough time to get better. The D has now stunk for three years. Same things keep happening....blown assignments....lack of pressure.....no disguised blitzes or coverages. Roof must go. Thigpen and Lolley need to go with him.

Getting beat by better teams by two touchdowns or so...ok I can live with that. Getting blown out and embarrassed by teams is unacceptable.

Archived