T.J. Yeldon

WarEagleATL

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid literally bald-faced lied to Coach Chizik on the phone just a couple of days ago. Told every single interviewer he was solid to Auburn and "War Eagle" and all that crap.

Wow. What a coward...issues a statement through his school right before the dead period.

LOL. Another reason you can't put stock in these committments before they even play their senior season.

And I don't want to hear anything about our coordinator leaving.. So did Alabama's. This will not be the first to leave I am afraid. :-/ Just the way it goes.

"I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there..."

Um, no you don't T.J. Because instead of quietly conveying to them you were wavering, you chose to lie to them...repeatedly. And instead of turning down interviews, you took them and kept assuring people you were solid to Auburn. You have no character. You and Bama deserve each other.

If any recruit doesn't want to be at Auburn, then I am glad they are going elsewhere. I would have wanted Yeldon but I guess with our oc leaving he changed his mind. I wish him the best except against us. Against Pratville High School, he didn't do that well this year. This just opens the door for maybe a better back to come to us. I hate it but this won't be the last time recruits switch from us and to us.

"I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there..."

Um, no you don't T.J. Because instead of quietly conveying to them you were wavering, you chose to lie to them...repeatedly. And instead of turning down interviews, you took them and kept assuring people you were solid to Auburn. You have no character. You and Bama deserve each other.

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

Get gone Yeldon!!! I guess the depth of Blakely Omac Corey Grant and maybe Dyer, he knew he couldnt compete.

Note to Yeldon: you may want to talk to Corey grant he did the same thing a year ago and then regretting the Turds!!!

If any recruit doesn't want to be at Auburn, then I am glad they are going elsewhere. I would have wanted Yeldon but I guess with our oc leaving he changed his mind. I wish him the best except against us. Against Pratville High School, he didn't do that well this year. This just opens the door for maybe a better back to come to us. I hate it but this won't be the last time recruits switch from us and to us.

Alabama's OC left too. We're not losing our rb coach. I'm pretty sure Luper is why the good RB's come to Auburn. This is just like last year with Cyrus and Calloway. Saban just can't stand losing that top player to us. Calloway won't even play down there, he'll be somewhere like UNA in no time. How much more sketch can you get? The kid was planning on enrolling in a matter of weeks.

How this is unethical for Alabama to orchestrate (assuming it is true) but it was ok for AU coaching staff to be in touch with an enrolled bama player (Corey Grant)? my take, again with the assumption that Bama has something to do with it, both are shady and kinda eye for an eye type of deal.

Now crucify me.. :)

The kid literally bald-faced lied to Coach Chizik on the phone just a couple of days ago. Told every single interviewer he was solid to Auburn and "War Eagle" and all that crap.

Wow. What a coward...issues a statement through his school right before the dead period.

You hit it square on the nose: "Coward"

Corey and T.J.'s situations aren't comparable. If Corey was truly unhappy, ( and clearly, he was ) and wanted to leave, is he suppose to just contact the AU staff via happy thoughts ? Your comparison makes no sense.

Corey and T.J.'s situations aren't comparable. If Corey was truly unhappy, ( and clearly, he was ) and wanted to leave, is he suppose to just contact the AU staff via happy thoughts ? Your comparison makes no sense.

I am not talking about his "happiness" level. Of course, he is free to enroll wherever he wants to but I thought it was well documented that the AU staff were keeping in touch with him dispite him being an active player on Bama roster. It is irrelevant for me (as a fan) who initiated that contact but I felt it was not right with a coaching staff to be talking secretly with an active player on a rival team. If that sounds ok to you, then I can't really convince you otherwise. I am stating an opinion about two events (full of assumptions)

If TJ had gotten to Auburn, decided it wasn't for him and went to Bama, that would be a different matter, IMO. If he had been even slightly less assuring about his commitment up until today-- he's been clearly lying the last few interviews and conversations with coaches-- that would be different. If he'd said after visiting Bama he had a lot of thinking to do-- that would be different. Folks change their mind. This was an orchestrated lie. Kinda like this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

1324247403[/url]' post='788149']
1324247176[/url]' post='788148']

I am not talking about his "happiness" level. Of course, he is free to enroll wherever he wants to but I thought it was well documented that the AU staff were keeping in touch with him dispite him being an active player on Bama roster. It is irrelevant for me (as a fan) who initiated that contact but I felt it was not right with a coaching staff to be talking secretly with an active player on a rival team. If that sounds ok to you, then I can't really convince you otherwise. I am stating an opinion about two events (full of assumptions)

Oh, please show us this documentation?? I would love to see it!

Where's your proof, uater? What about Saban's comments a year or two ago when he said (paraphrasing): "when a player commits he should honor that commitment". If overrated saban truly believed that, then uat wouldn't have bothered Yeldon or any other player that is already committed to a school. But, we all know those comments by overrated saban only apply to players that commit to uat and not to other schools.

I'm curious how much the REC offered Yeldon. It's the only way they could get him to switch.

It's ok. We're loaded at RB. Bammer continues to pay players. It will catch up with them. History always repeats itself.

What you thought and what actually is are often two different things. Was Mike Blakely , who wanted to go to AU all along, in touch w/ the AU staff too ? Where's your PROOF ? If there's so much documentation, then please, offer it up. My guess is, you have none.

Also, aside from the fact that bama has paid for players before ( Albert Means ) , the timing of this is CLEARLY orchestrated, to screw Auburn in the biggest possible way. That sort of crap doesn't come from some HS kid alone. This was clearly done with intent, and not just some HS kid having a change of heart.

Could u guys imagine what Saban would do if a recruit told him he was firmly committed and said "Rawl tyde" and three days later Decommitt and commit to Auburn? Talk about the midget having a fit ! Lol

So talking bad about recruits is only sanctionable if you aren't a Mod? This thread is disgusting. If the people posting were newbies, I'd call them trolls.

Could u guys imagine what Saban would do if a recruit told him he was firmly committed and said "Rawl tyde" and three days later Decommitt and commit to Auburn? Talk about the midget having a fit ! Lol

I firmly believe there would be a mysterious fire, at either that individual's home or their parent's place of business.

At the very least, a family pet would end up poisoned, or missing.

Archived