T.J. Yeldon

WarEagleATL

It's funny that you guys make fun of Bama fans when we lose a recruit. Saying we act crazy accusing the other team of cheating to land the kid or the classic "we didn't want him anyway..."

Yet you're doing exactly the same thing. Further proves my point that I've maintained all along. College fans are college fans -- all subject to the same bouts with human nature.

He's a liar? Ok, then that means every kid who's ever flipped his verbal is a bald faced liar. Including any kids Auburn has ever flipped. Because up until the point a kid flips, they ALWAYS say they're sticking with their commitment. I'd say out of all the flips, probably only 5% of them officially "re-open" their recruiting. Most of them just flip. What's worse, most of them flip on signing day.

The cheated line is a joke. You want to keep bringing up something that happened 13 years ago to support your argument, fine. But that was 5 coaching staffs, one dead booster, and an entire administration ago. The knee-jerk retort that we paid the kid off makes you look like a sore loser.

17 year old kids change their minds like you guys change socks. Winston is going to flip to Bama too. So you don't want to use up all your 'Bama cheats' excuses yet.

Good job guys, now you've given the biggest turd on the board a reason to post.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BamaGrad

Alabama cheats, you know it, and clearly are fine with it, because you've not gotten caught ( lately ) and are in the BCS again.

And yes Titan, as has been pointed out, Emmmitt and Marcus Lattimore are 0 for Auburn in their careers. Look for more of the same w/ Yeldon.

BamaGrad

Alabama cheats, you know it, and clearly are fine with it, because you've not gotten caught ( lately ) and are in the BCS again.

And yes Titan, as has been pointed out, Emmmitt and Marcus Lattimore are 0 for Auburn in their careers. Look for more of the same w/ Yeldon.

We've gotten in trouble for paying a recruit once in our 120 year history. For all you guys accusing us of cheating our asses off in recruiting, the NCAA should doesn't seem to agree with you.

You guys got all up in arms last year because people accused you of cheating while you said they had no proof. But you have no qualms tossing that cheating moniker around for Alabama without any...

BamaGrad

We've gotten in trouble for paying a recruit once in our 120 year history. For all you guys accusing us of cheating our asses off in recruiting, the NCAA should doesn't seem to agree with you.

You guys got all up in arms last year because people accused you of cheating while you said they had no proof. But you have no qualms tossing that cheating moniker around for Alabama without any...

So you are saying that was the only time in your long history that Logan Young paid for a recruit.

I'm saying that was the only time he was caught. I'm also saying Logan Young was not the only one.

BamaGrad

uat has a MASSIVE track record of doing anything and everything they can to undermine Auburn success. We got up in arms because NOTHING EVER pointed to Auburn in any way, shape or form, yet we were vilified in every form of press known to man. We KNOW who was behind all of it. See my first sentence. There's plenty of proof with the suits situation at uat.

Now at least go back to the rivals board and quit infecting the main Auburn board with your uat garbage.

Let the guy play where he wants to. Auburn will get by without him just like we get by without Marcus Lattimore and every other recruit that considered Auburn and didn't seal the deal.

It takes more than 1 RB... Auburn has always had a solid history of producing good ones, so we'll be fine

I'm saying that was the only time he was caught. I'm also saying Logan Young was not the only one.

Then I'd suggest forwarding all your proof to the NCAA. I'm sure they'd be interested.

But I'm not sure sending them a box of sour grapes will kick start an investigation in Tuscaloosa.

Then I'd suggest forwarding all your proof to the NCAA. I'm sure they'd be interested.

But I'm not sure sending them a box of sour grapes will kick start an investigation in Tuscaloosa.

Are you saying that was the only time Logan Young paid for a player or the only time he was caught?

Or are you hiding behind "if you can't provide proof it didn't happen"?

I guess we know who baught him the new Camaro he was spotted driving last week. That photo was posted all over facebook. The only question was who baught it Alabama or Auburn. Now we know.

Not to mention that the Chevrolet dealership in Daphne is owned by a HUGE bama fan/booster who has relationships with many other boosters in the area.

Sounds ALOT like the deal with Calloway last year. After a trip to Pensacola with a certain lawyer, and some wheeling and dealing by the chevrolet dealer in Tuscumbia,who is also a HUGE updyke fan, Cal drives up up school in a new Camaro.Now, I know that good ole Peaches could not afford a new Camaro.Or could he? The mortage on his house is all of a sudden Paid OFF.Something in Russellville just did'nt smell right about the way everything happened with Calloway last year.

BamaGrad

Guess what, BG, when you give a player some books and allow them to sell the books for cash then you are actually paying them. If you want to use sematics to justify your lie of saying that you have been caught paying players only once that is fine. Keep saying it and you will eventually believe it just like you believe you have won 13 national championships.

BamaGrad

Guess what, BG, when you give a player some books and allow them to sell the books for cash then you are actually paying them. If you want to use sematics to justify your lie of saying that you have been caught paying players only once that is fine. Keep saying it and you will eventually believe it just like you believe you have won 13 national championships.

There were 201 uat scholarship athletes in 16 different sports identified in the book selling scandal. I assume there would have been more but the records at uat only went back two years when the investigation began. Hard to imagine the book selling just started in one year. Still, absent the missing records -- the number of paid uat scholarship athletes caught which resulted in NCAA sanctions stand at: 202. Facts & stuff.

bama openly cheating is far more than 'sour grapes'.

It's pretty clear what's going on here, and the ncaa is only too willing to look the other way, so one of its sacred cows is still able to make $ for the sport.

There were 201 uat scholarship athletes in 16 different sports identified in the book selling scandal. I assume there would have been more but the records at uat only went back two years when the investigation began. Hard to imagine the book selling just started in one year. Still, absent the missing records -- the number of paid uat scholarship athletes caught which resulted in NCAA sanctions stand at: 202. Facts & stuff.

In other words, the athletes were ripping off the NCAA the entire time uat incorporated textbooks into their curriculum.

If this doesn't cause a ncaa investigation , nothing ever will.

Don't hold your breath.

Only way to get the NCAA on the bums is to have positive inside info and proof, much like ole Philrat had on them when he was at Tn.But, that was only because tn was in on the bidding and philrat knew about it.Saban probably knows nothing about the workings,just the fact that he got who he wanted when he wanted him.The how to and doing is left up to the boosters.Just that it gets done,that is all that the little shrimp cares about.And,updyke U has to provide him with the services he wants or he leaves.he has a no clause contract,he can leave whenever he wants to,no money owed, no money taken.If he dosen't get the certain recuits he wants he probably walks after a year or two, no strings attached.

Don't hold your breath.

This. Don't hold your breath. But we need to "fight" back. As most of you figure this was a sham from the get go. The guys dad was a UAT fan and this plan had been in the works. The kid went along with it. He is a kid and he got manipulated. I think we see we are against a guy (Saban) that will do anything. How do we fight back? From my perspective, I try to make sure I know who the REC people are in my area. I won't/don't do business with them. I won't eat at their places, let them do my acct work or legal work. Be selective who you give your money to. Do not give it to those that will turn around and use it against us. These REC types will be nice to your face but they will work against us. For those that have hiring responsibilities, keep this in mind also whenever you can. For those in the Mobile area, remember the name Yeldon. Some day you may be faced with it.

Maybe we can start a "business or places to be boycotted thread". I'll go first: Jim Bishop Chevrolet,Buick,Toyota,Scion,Tuscumbia,Al.That's just ONE on a long list to start with in the Quad-cities,Tri-cities area.

What does the textbook thing have to do with recruiting?

Its called deferred compensation just like the laptops and fishing trips.

What does the textbook thing have to do with recruiting?

Its called deferred compensation just like the laptops and fishing trips.

Ha, ok.

Was Cam's laptop deferred compensation? I love how you guys try to connect dots and show that ANY player wrongdoing, any rule broken, is some sort of institutional mandate or orchestration.

Sometimes kids break rules because they can. Doesn't mean their rule breaking was encouraged by the university.

Ha, ok.

Was Cam's laptop deferred compensation? I love how you guys try to connect dots and show that ANY player wrongdoing, any rule broken, is some sort of institutional mandate or orchestration.

Sometimes kids break rules because they can. Doesn't mean their rule breaking was encouraged by the university.

Ask Urban Meyer about Cam's laptop procurement.

But continue to ignore the facts, it's what bama fans do best.

Ha, ok.

Ask Urban Meyer about Cam's laptop procurement.

But continue to ignore the facts, it's what bama fans do best.

I didn't ignore any facts. NCAA has found us guilty of providing improper benefits to a recruit one time in our 120+ year history.

Just like you guys like to marginalize every single win we've ever gotten by saying we cheat, you've now moved that excuse into the arena of recruiting. It's a handy dandy catch-all that you guys like to employ that fits your position perfectly. You think Bama buys recruits, you require no evidence to come to that conclusion, and you provide your own theories as sufficient material to substantiate the claim. It's circular and weak.

The 2011 season in Auburn was a disappointing cluster mess. Until you put your big boy pants on and start looking inward and stop blaming Bama, this sort of thing is going to continue to occur. You can say your situation is the same as the one at Alabama (both losing coordinators), but it isn't.

Bottom line, you go 11-1 and beat the pants off of Bama in 2011 and Yeldon doesn't flip his verbal. The team playing for the national championship doesn't have to pay to get a recruit to consider them over a team who just finished 7-5 and lost its best coach...

Don't hold your breath.

This. Don't hold your breath. But we need to "fight" back. As most of you figure this was a sham from the get go. The guys dad was a UAT fan and this plan had been in the works. The kid went along with it. He is a kid and he got manipulated. I think we see we are against a guy (Saban) that will do anything. How do we fight back? From my perspective, I try to make sure I know who the REC people are in my area. I won't/don't do business with them. I won't eat at their places, let them do my acct work or legal work. Be selective who you give your money to. Do not give it to those that will turn around and use it against us. These REC types will be nice to your face but they will work against us. For those that have hiring responsibilities, keep this in mind also whenever you can. For those in the Mobile area, remember the name Yeldon. Some day you may be faced with it.

Maybe we can start a "business or places to be boycotted thread". I'll go first: Jim Bishop Chevrolet,Buick,Toyota,Scion,Tuscumbia,Al.That's just ONE on a long list to start with in the Quad-cities,Tri-cities area.

Be sure to add Bob Baumhowers restuarants to that.

Archived