What does roll tide mean??

tgr4lfe

That's sad. I'm not a turd fan, but come on! That should be something they teach their players. It makes me wonder how many Auburn players know the story of our battle cry "War Eagle"? If you are going to "pledge" your athletic ability to a program, shouldn't you be aware of why the traditions are what they are?!?

• 7 months later...

It has many meanings, tgr, depending on when and where it is used.

It is commonly pronounce Rawhl Tahd

When use outdoors it means: " I live in a trailer park and brush my tooth weekly"

When used in public it means: "I'm a redneck from the sticks"

When used near an area of academics it means: "There's a college there?"

When used in a group it means: "Look 'ee here, we ain't go a brain between us" commonly heard right before " hey ya'll watch this" and "here, hold my beer"

When used during recruiting it means: "Pick a car, any car" or "Yeah, we can find your Momma a house-sitting a job in Tuscaloosa" or "Any suit you want, in fact take two"

To the NCAA it means: " We've investigated. Nothing to see here" :jossun:

And if heard in Auburn it means: Hell to pay, because we're ready to Rumble!

The truth of the matter is....It's not Roll $* (I refuse to say or type it) It is actually Roll Turd. It sounds like Roll $* to a lot of the country because of our southern accent's.

• 2 weeks later...

AU catches flack about "War Eagle" and a tiger mascot, how is it that I never hear anyone say anything about rtr and an elephant? I asked a uat friend (not grad) that and got no answer.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They are an embarrassment to society. I post on some other forums that have nothing to do with sports. Other day I see a thread started about "Southern people are idiots." What did I see in the thread? The YT video of the bammmer tea-bagger. The give the entire south a bad name and re-enforce the stereotypes the rest of the world has about us.

• 7 months later...

Archived