***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

Wallace is a very good athelete...not as fast as you'd like to see, but he did a very good job at Central this year. Not pumping sunshine, just an observation.

It won't hurt to have another QB on the roster this fall, but with his (lack of) speed, it's pretty much QB or nothing for Wallace. There will be no "switch him to safety or WR" option.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wallace is a very good athelete...not as fast as you'd like to see, but he did a very good job at Central this year. Not pumping sunshine, just an observation.

It won't hurt to have another QB on the roster this fall, but with his (lack of) speed, it's pretty much QB or nothing for Wallace. There will be no "switch him to safety or WR" option.

Wes Welker runs a 4.61 with an NFL training regimen. B)

As I said, nothing against Wallace! However, if we hadn't already missed on four or more if those 12 guys we've been listed as being in on, an "Invited Walkon" is the best that Wallace would have heard from Auburn. You can put Will Adams in there with Wallace too. These two guys are Auburn Tigers now and i hope they both win a Heisman in their time on The Plains, but at this point they were both Plan B guys. Not hatin', but them's the facts.

Now we are starting to boil some water!!!! :)! Welcome to the Auburn Family, Jaquay and Will!

As I said, nothing against Wallace! However, if we hadn't already missed on four or more if those 12 guys we've been listed as being in on, an "Invited Walkon" is the best that Wallace would have heard from Auburn.

I completely agree with you. I was just being an :moon: .

HABOTN HABOTN

JaQuay Williams and Will Adams will sign with Auburn.

That a boy jaQuay! WDE!!

228216.jpg2dtyrsx.jpg

Adams and Williams announced together, both pulling out an Auburn hat at the same time.

@JHokanson

As I said, nothing against Wallace! However, if we hadn't already missed on four or more if those 12 guys we've been listed as being in on, an "Invited Walkon" is the best that Wallace would have heard from Auburn.

I completely agree with you. I was just being an :moon: .

How dare you be an :moon: . In all my years here I've never behaved like an ass! :rolleyes:

As I said, nothing against Wallace! However, if we hadn't already missed on four or more if those 12 guys we've been listed as being in on, an "Invited Walkon" is the best that Wallace would have heard from Auburn. You can put Will Adams in there with Wallace too. These two guys are Auburn Tigers now and i hope they both win a Heisman in their time on The Plains, but at this point they were both Plan B guys. Not hatin', but them's the facts.

Disagree completely on Wallace. He has been in the mix for a long time. Our only question was how many QB's we had on scholarship. Once BT said he was not coming back we were taking another QB. We were never in the mix for the Hueytown kid, so Wallace was our choice. His signing has nothing to do with who is or is not signing with AU. This was all about the QB position. Our staff loves ZP athleticism but they know he is a very raw QB. They have known from day one we needed 4 QB on roster.

So we're at 15 guys for the 2012 class that are in now, right?

1. OL Shane Callahan, Chaparral High, Parker, Colo. (January enrollee)

2. OL Patrick Miller, Dwyer High, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. (January enrollee)

3. LB Javiie Mitchell, Leeds High, Leeds, Ala. (January enrollee)

4. QB Zeke Pike, Dixie Heights High, Ft. Mitchell, Ky. (January enrollee)

5. FB Jay Prosch, UMS-Wright Mobile High, University of Illinois tranfer (January enrollee)

6. TE Ricky Parks, Callaway High, Hogansville, Ga.

7. CB Jonathan Jones, Carrollton, Ga., High

8. CB Josh Holsey, Creekside High, Fairburn, Ga.

9. DE Gimel President, Wando High School, Mt. Pleasant

10. OL Robert Leff, Fairhope High School

11. DL Tyler Nero, Escambia County High, Atmore

12. CB T.J. Davis, Godby High, Tallahassee, Fla.

13. QB Jonathan Wallace, Central High, Phenix City

14. TE Darrion Hutcherson, Dadeville High

15. OL Will Adams, Sandy Creek High, Tyrone, Ga.

16. WR Jaquay Williams, Sandy Creek High, Tyrone, Ga.

Up next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DT Eddie Goldman; 9:05 a.m. on ESPNU; Auburn, Florida State, Miami, Alabama

DE Leonard Williams; 10 a.m.; Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Southern Cal

LB Kwon Alexander; 10:05 a.m. on ESPNU; Auburn, Alabama, LSU

WR Ricardo Louis; noon; Auburn, FSU

OT Avery Young: 1 p.m. on ESPNU; Auburn, Miami, Florida, Georgia

CB Ronald Darby: 1:30 p.m. on ESPNU; Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame, Clemson

Seeing lots of new faces around here today - welcome! Why not join us? Registration is completely free: Follow the instructions in the signature line below...

Archived