Reason why I hate bama

AUBURNJAC

No hate here, I just feel really sorry for them because they don't know any better. However I would like to meet the one who scratched up my personalized AU liscense plate. Also the one who tried to run me off the road (twice) after we beat them in 1993. Okay, maybe I do hate a couple of them.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Now this is my kind of thread ( except for the part where the guy called someone fat, that's not nice). Why do I dislike/hate bammer? Where do I start? They are one of the most delusional fan bases I've ever encountered. They make up championships and brag about 13, 14 or whatever the ficitonal number is up to and then teach their children to do the same. I've yet to encounter a one who can answer the question "What years did you win those?" They may be able to name a few. I love to tell them about the one they claim in the 40's where they finished last in the SEC and were ranked #22 at the end of the season. Oh, they get so flustered with that one. "Well, we've got more than Auburn" is the standard reply. Yeah, only because were not in to ficitonalizing championships. Then there's the whole houndtooth phenomenon. Have you ever seen a picture of the Bear with a houndtooth hat on? I haven't. All I've seen are checkered hats. Then there's the coach worship. They had "Got Shula?" shirts then "Got Nick?" shirts. Wow, you can't even think of another slogan to worship nick the great? In fact, they aren't really fans at all, they are more like a cult, yes the cult of updyke. You can't drive one mile in North Alabama without seeing a car emblazoned with every type of Mullet A sticker fathomable, either that or houndtooth. Now I could go on and on, but I'm pretty sure most of us are on the same wavelength on this one. They are a different breed.

ALL the reasons listed above!

The bogus national championships they claim. In 1941 they finished 3rd in the SEC and 20th in the AP poll, but claim it as a national championship. I hate bama so much that I won't allow Tide detergent or bama jelly in my house!

Ditto to all of the above.....

But seriously, for me it is their sense of entitlement. They feel entitled to everything because they are bammer. They are living off the reputation of the biggest cheater in college footbal, one Paul "Bear" Bryant. The NCAA rule book is almost completely attributed to him and his cheating ways. The rest of the book is attributed to Nick "Stumpy" Saban, btw. Wow, that could be a sitcom in Alabama. Stumpy and the Bear. They could use CGI to re-animate Bear Bryant, and he and Stumpy could just sit around talkin' Turd football. I bet it would be #1 in the B'ham area for as long as it was on the air. Loinbalm could guest star, as well as Updyke and Teabagger. Better yet, make a triliogy movie series called "Lord of the Bams". Stumpy is already hobbit-height, so no special effects needed. They could have the "Fellowship of the 14 Rings", followed by "The Two Cheaters", and wrapped up in "The Return of the Shula Years". I'm off to write the screenplay!!

War Eagle!!!

Joseph Schad@FutureJoeSchad

Source: UA's Saban to give players off wkend in order to make final trips w/old white rich guys before season starts.

It is because they say things like this...

"Auburn people are typical Old SOuth hypocrites. "Loveliest Village on the Plains." Yeah, Oliver Wendell Holmes really meant Lee County, Auburn in that poem. Hypocritical morons"

Dur da Dur? That was posted by someone with the name bamaalum.....yeah awesome....

This year's Birmingham radio stations and "reload, defensive genius, most underrated qb in the country, etc." WTF?

I hope Michigan gains 350 yards rushing and sack that guy like the "Croyle sack Bowl".

I agree with everything said so far but want to also say their general attitude. The thing that solidified my hatered was the 36-0 Iron Bowl. The way I was treated during that game(in the student section) and after was the worst experience of my life. I had a 60 year old woman hang over a chain link fence giving me the bird and dog cursing me.

Archived