• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's terribly sad that there are those among us who, because of grievances real or imagined, are so evil as to be willing to take out a gun and shoot down innocent people. It can happen anywhere, even in a quiet college town like Auburn.

Phillip Marshall. Dont think I couldve said it better myself...

Seen it on twitter, and its very true:

"If you arent safe in Auburn, Alabama, where are you safe?"

Post on the reddit page says "4 assumed dead, one d.o.a." The 'assumed dead' comment has been questioned by other commenter. Anyone know what DOA means?

Dead on arrival

so true and you know the rumor-mill is gonna go wild. police will only release what they want known. Regardless it is a sad tragedy. Prayers continued for our Auburn family. It is hard to be safe anywhere now days.

Please say prayers for families of both AU players and nonplayers affected tonight. It's easy on a sports board to get so focused on the players that we forget that we are first a community. AU family forever.

The apd will give final word in the am. All else

Is rumor and don't believe it. I think where the confusion lies is that some of the victims are not players, yet the players were mentioned. People put two and two together and assumed that Mack was in bad shape too. Good night all.

I am so very sorry to hear this. I got up this morning and saw a post on fb from another LSU fan sending his prayers. I am sending prayers from Mississippi for the victims, their family and friends, and their fans.

You will have to trust me. Mack is ok.

I heard the same that Mack was hit in the hip and will be okay.

Prayers sent out from England. i hope they get the guy who did this.(wanna use much more wording that that but keeping it clean and professional in here)

Eric Mack is now tweeting. One tweet says, "I appreciate all the love and prays for me and my two lost homies. May god be with their families."

If anyone has any sources or information on the shooting(s) in Auburn, please contact us immediately at The Auburn Plainsman at 334-844-9108

Our daughter lives in the building next to the pool. She is alone there and terrified - and mostly concerned about the football players. Pray for all involved. This is second shooting in past month or so at the complex.

Did university heights have a different name in the past? Is it the first complex after the closed video warehouse on longleaf?

Our daughter lives in the building next to the pool. She is alone there and terrified - and mostly concerned about the football players. Pray for all involved. This is second shooting in past month or so at the complex.

You have to be kidding, second shooting? I didn't know that.

As a parent I feel for you. It has to be heartbreaking to not be able to get to your daughter. I will pray that God gives her peace right now.

Man, this is an awful thing to wake up to. I'm sad for those guys and their people. Ladarious played HS ball where I went to highschool. I'm quite a bit older, so I didn't know him or anything, but from what I've always heard he was a good guy and didn't get into much trouble.

I'm really curious to hear more details about what this was all about. I'm going to bet it wasn't worth someone bringing a gun...

Man, this is terrible. Really hope things get sorted out. So sorry for the two who lost their lives. Just senseless.

I'll be praying for these guys and the Auburn family.

Archived