2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

Picked up an offer at Junior Day and it sounds like he's close to committing. He is waiting to see who the new OC is before making a decision though. 4 star according to 247

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just from quickly scanning BMatts twitter it looked like we offered quite a few guys today.

We have but this guy sounded like he is close to committing.

Just from quickly scanning BMatts twitter it looked like we offered quite a few guys today.

We have but this guy sounded like he is close to committing.

Yeah I would guess he will announce shortly after an OC is officially announced.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Where have you seen this story before? ...

Mobile star Jason Smith has Tide, Tigers even

By Matt Scalici, al.com

McGill-Toolen star Jason Smith established himself last season as one of the top recruits in the Mobile area after accounting for more than 2,000 yards of offense (1,307 passing, 740 rushing.) Now some of the nation's top football programs are after the four-star recruit, including both in-state powers.

"I feel great about both schools but I can't say which one is my favorite," Smith said.

Assistants from both schools have paid visits to McGill-Toolen this spring and both coaching staffs maintain heavy interest in Smith, who is rated by 247Sports as the nation's No. 11 athlete prospect. Smith is expected to visit both schools again in the coming months, including a trip to Auburn for the Tigers' Big Cat Weekend May 26.

One fact that could play into the battle between Alabama and Auburn for Smith's signature is the star recruit's future position. While Auburn is recruiting Smith primarily as an offensive player, likely a wide receiver, the Crimson Tide have interest in Smith as a defensive back at the college level. Smith also told BamaOnline's Charles Power earlier this year that Nick Saban mentioned the possibility of starting Smith out at quarterback, his high school position, should he sign with the Tide.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/mobile_star_jason_smith_has_ti.html

I have no sympathy for any recruit that buys this nonsense. Jason, you'll never play on the offensive side of the ball in Tuscaloosa ... fair warning.

7_365349.jpg

Jason Smith, ATH

Mobile, AL

6-1 / 180

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Mississippi, Troy and UAB, among others.

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KPimXQO0mao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wasn't Burton Scott the name of the 5* recruit from Mobile that was told by Saban that UAT would put in the "uno" offense for him and he'd just take the snap and do whatever he wanted to? What a laugher that was. Hasn't Scott been processed to South Alabama?

Wasn't Burton Scott the name of the 5* recruit from Mobile that was told by Saban that UAT would put in the "uno" offense for him and he'd just take the snap and do whatever he wanted to? What a laugher that was. Hasn't Scott been processed to South Alabama?

Affirmative...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/bj_scott_looking_to_transfer_f.html

Do these bama signees get their car or suv when they report for pratice, or do they make them wait till their processed status is known?

One of these days these processed guys are going to start talking.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a "battle" when a kid is highly sought by both schools....don't see that here.  JMO, but don't see AU pushing hard unless a lot of other offers don't pan out.

It's a "battle" when a kid is highly sought by both schools....don't see that here.  JMO, but don't see AU pushing hard unless a lot of other offers don't pan out.

But but but, that's not what Mike Herndon wants us to believe.  :rolleyes:  He's said  :devil: would give him a shot at QB but sees him as being a WR or CB, again selling the "I see you getting to the league by this route."  The kid is a dual threat, which seems so odd that he would even consider spuat since he says in the al.com article he wants to play QB in college.  I just hadn't seen anything on him on here so was suprised to see the article. 

Just my opinion,but i live in mobile and have seen this kid play a few times. He is def a college D1 athelete but i just dont see him playing QB in college. But i must say the kid can flat out fly, i saw him run circles around Ryan Anderson and that Daphne defense. So i say he gets a shot at QB but he will excel at a skills position.  :wareagle:

With 4.4 speed and 6'1 205, there are a lot of positions he could play in college. May not be QB, but as a corner, he should be very good.

But but but, that's not what Mike Herndon wants us to believe.   :rolleyes:  He's said  :devil: would give him a shot at QB but sees him as being a WR or CB, again selling the "I see you getting to the league by this route."  The kid is a dual threat, which seems so odd that he would even consider spuat since he says in the al.com article he wants to play QB in college.  I just hadn't seen anything on him on here so was suprised to see the article. 

You know we've done the same thing right? An example would be Kris Frost. Sometimes it's a good thing for a kid if you put him at a position he doesn't want to play if he projects better there.

"6-foot-1, 175 pounder, who led the Yellow Jackets to an 11-2 record in 2011"...not 205.

Said he wants to play QB and of course  NS will give him a shot against the kid from Utah...but then again, sounds like  :devil: has already plotted this guy's route to the NFL....as a DB.

"6-foot-1, 175 pounder, who led the Yellow Jackets to an 11-2 record in 2011"...not 205.

Said he wants to play QB and of course  NS will give him a shot against the kid from Utah...but then again, sounds like  :devil: has already plotted this guy's route to the NFL....as a DB.

Haven't seen him play but if I were to guess based on size--he sounds more like a db.

Archived