2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think he'll be a Bray/Reed type playmaker for us. He has said he was coming to BCW and I'm pretty sure JJ is also.

Up until the other day,  I had not heard much "if anything" on this kid. Would someone either post some info on Jason or tell me what link I need to look for. Thanks.

Up until the other day,  I had not heard much "if anything" on this kid. Would someone either post some info on Jason or tell me what link I need to look for. Thanks.

Start here

Don't worry about him....al.com just needs a good story to fire up the AU-UAT rivalry and there is nothing like a good "battle" between the schools over an in-state HS kid...even if neither team seems to be putting much effort into the "battle".    JMO but this is a  non-story at this point.   

It's a "battle" when a kid is highly sought by both schools....don't see that here.  JMO, but don't see AU pushing hard unless a lot of other offers don't pan out.

With 4.4 speed and 6'1 205, there are a lot of positions he could play in college. May not be QB, but as a corner, he should be very good.

I now see him listed at 175 so that means he's lost 30 pounds! That can't be good!

If Jeremy gives us his commit and sticks to it, I thnik Jason will turn to some other school. Maybe like Tenn, LSU or Ga.

I think we also should sign a true pro style drop back passer. That's where Hayden and Ryan comes in it.

We have two great options as a Dual Threat QB in Smith and Johnson. Don't think we could go wrong with either choice.

Johnson is not a dual-threat and J Smith will not play QB if he comes to Auburn.

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone thinks JJ is that much of a running threat. He has enough speed to pick up a few yards on a busted play but that's it. As for Smith, I highly doubt we are recruiting him as a QB.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATED - Jason Smith commits! (7/09/2012)

Auburn may be closing in on a big commitment.  (premium)

@JHokanson

365349.jpg

Jason Smith, ATH

Mobile, AL (McGill-Toolen HS)

6'1 / 175 / 4.47

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas State, La Tech, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Troy and UAB, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 4*

Smith may or may not play quarterback on the next level. He loves to have the ball in his hands, so that is his first choice, but he may end up at wide receiver. As a QB, he is very dangerous when plays break down, when he is able to use his speed, and when he can make plays in space. He is very raw as a passer, so do not be surprised if he is moved to another position on Scout in the future. He is a play-maker.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5831045

Smith had a great trip to Auburn but is not ready to make a decision. That will probably come at the end of July. He said he really enjoyed working with Coach Loeffler. I don't remember if I mentioned it in the notes but he threw ball really well during 1-on-1's.

http://auburn.247spo...update-10072693 (free content)

If Smith had intended to make his commitment today, it has been held publicly because of recent events.

If Smith had intended to make his commitment today, it has been held publicly because of recent events.

That doesn't sound right... did you zig when you meant to zag?

Per BM: "Smith had a great trip to Auburn but is not ready to make a decision. That will probably come at the end of July. He said he really enjoyed working with Coach Loeffler. I don't remember if I mentioned it in the notes but he threw ball really well during 1-on-1's.

Also, I spoke with Smith's teammate, WR Carl Lee, who had a good camp and excelled in 1-on-1's. He has some mid-major type offers but is being recruited by several big schools including Auburn. More on both soon..."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Jason-Smith-update-10072693

Per BM: "Smith had a great trip to Auburn but is not ready to make a decision. That will probably come at the end of July. He said he really enjoyed working with Coach Loeffler. I don't remember if I mentioned it in the notes but he threw ball really well during 1-on-1's.

Also, I spoke with Smith's teammate, WR Carl Lee, who had a good camp and excelled in 1-on-1's. He has some mid-major type offers but is being recruited by several big schools including Auburn. More on both soon..."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Jason-Smith-update-10072693

I don't know about you guys but I am hoping to see a late playoff round matchup with Jason Smith/McGill versus Cameron Luper/Auburn or JJ/Carver.

Smith claims he is being recruited as a QB yet Jeremy Johnson has claimed that the coaching staff told him he would be the only qb in the class and we were done at the position. So what's up?

Archived