• MSU
    • LSU
    • UK
    • USC
    • ARK
    • UGA
    • Auburn

Who are the real worst fans...

LSU, followed closely by Bama, and then.... I really dont know. I used to dislike Florida but they are ok now.

LSU, Bama, And I dont have any other opinion really...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think UGA. Maybe its b/c I have met way too many bandwagon "I live in Georgia, so I automatically cheer for UGA" fans. Not to mention, I absolutely HATE that barking, especially when they are drunk and in your face. Its very obnoxious.

I love how Auburn not on there, but no one thinks we're bad fans anyways

UGA Sucks!!! And thier Fans Suck being a NAtive Georgian I hate going home after losing to UGA. The one thing I want is to beat Georgia in our house this season so I can graduate happy. :D

I love how Auburn not on there, but no one thinks we're bad fans anyways

UGA Sucks!!! And thier Fans Suck being a NAtive Georgian I hate going home after losing to UGA. The one thing I want is to beat Georgia in our house this season so I can graduate happy. :D

There, hope you feel better now.

You two that voted for Vandy, too funny...

I agree. UGA has some of the worst fans from my personal experience. I too am from Georgia and cannot stand all the friends I have that are UGA fans because they live in UGA, there parents didn't go to college so they can't follow their team, and because they too have yet to go to college or aren't going to go to college. And that barking...OMG I want to shoot myself. I also don't like standing in line at a concession stand and getting pushed out of the way and spit on by people ranging in age from 5 to 50. Also, when I was walking down the stadium at the end of the third quarter (to get a drink, not to leave) every obnoxious UGA fan was cheering and barking and taunting and..... Also, one guy sitting three rows up from me purposely jumped down the three bleachers separating me and tried to rip my hair out because I stood up and cheered when we finally scored. It was awful. Fortunately, the times before I have sat with my friends in the UGA student section and they were all very very nice. YEs, they kidded with me even when UGA wasn't playing AU but they were still very nice so I think it is the UGA "I live in Georgia so I'm a UGA fan" that gives them a bad name. Hopefully, we do beat them in our JH so I too can graduate with a win in my last home game as an Auburn student!!!!

War Eagle!! :au:

I agree. UGA has some of the worst fans from my personal experience. I too am from Georgia and cannot stand all the friends I have that are UGA fans because they live in UGA, there parents didn't go to college so they can't follow their team, and because they too have yet to go to college or aren't going to go to college. And that barking...OMG I want to shoot myself. I also don't like standing in line at a concession stand and getting pushed out of the way and spit on by people ranging in age from 5 to 50. Also, when I was walking down the stadium at the end of the third quarter (to get a drink, not to leave) every obnoxious UGA fan was cheering and barking and taunting and..... Also, one guy sitting three rows up from me purposely jumped down the three bleachers separating me and tried to rip my hair out because I stood up and cheered when we finally scored. It was awful. Fortunately, the times before I have sat with my friends in the UGA student section and they were all very very nice. YEs, they kidded with me even when UGA wasn't playing AU but they were still very nice so I think it is the UGA "I live in Georgia so I'm a UGA fan" that gives them a bad name. Hopefully, we do beat them in our JH so I too can graduate with a win in my last home game as an Auburn student!!!!

War Eagle!! :au:

I was about to say...come on....when I left Auburns stadium in '99, I didnt leave without an incredible amount of taunting and such...its part of college football.

This whole concept that Auburn doesn't have tons of people that go to their games that didnt go to the college which several have said about UGA is a joke. I have kids that go to UGA that root for Auburn....so should I mock them? Of course not. Who gives a rats ass if they went to the school or not AND want to root for the school.

I'll have to agree with Southlink. There is nothing wrong with cheering for a team outside of your own educational experience. I know this has been beaten to death and was discussed on the old board, but if you have an elitist attitude about our fan base, then you have no business being critical of Alabama! :P

Who gives a rats ass if they went to the school or not AND want to root for the school.

Well done! Spoken like a true puppy!

:poke:

I live in Ga also and just moved to a new neighborhood hoping to find someone other than UGA fans but nope none in site almost every neighbor I have are UGA fans some I haven't met so I don't know for sure but GOD if we don't win this year I will have to lock myself in my house for a month.

i dunno i think there is something to be said for "being true to your school." i grew up in starkville (both parents went to auburn, always a fan), and when one of my buddies who has always been a bulldog transferred to auburn, he grudgingly cheered for auburn over even msu. why? b/c he chose to come to auburn, and he is a tiger now.

i think you should have some connection between the place you choose to spend 3-7 years of your life and the teams or activities associated with that place. i also place a high value on actually going to college, and i would much prefer that the vast majority of the population did so. that would eliminate the "i never went to school, but i love the tide anyway" portion of this debate.

i dunno i think there is something to be said for "being true to your school." i grew up in starkville (both parents went to auburn, always a fan), and when one of my buddies who has always been a bulldog transferred to auburn, he grudgingly cheered for auburn over even msu. why? b/c he chose to come to auburn, and he is a tiger now.

i think you should have some connection between the place you choose to spend 3-7 years of your life and the teams or activities associated with that place. i also place a high value on actually going to college, and i would much prefer that the vast majority of the population did so. that would eliminate the "i never went to school, but i love the tide anyway" portion of this debate.

Well I never went to AU but always wanted to but my grades weren't good enough so I didn't but it has never effected my loalty to the Tigers. I have never waffled I love my Tigers. Over the past about 2 months I have had 2 different people, people I don't even know say to me "why do you like Auburn, you should be a UGAly fan". It kills me how people that live in GA and are UGA fans automatically think everyone in the state should be a UGA fan. I have NEVER liked UGA, not a bandwagon fan never have been never will be.

Im not saying that its bad that they cheer for UGA, but the fans that didn't go to school in Athens are the most annoying and I will never give them any respect!!!

I sat in the UGA student section underneath the scoreboard at Samford stadium and had the most annoying question asked to me by a drunk probably feshmen girl as she tugged at my Orange and Blue shirt. "WHy AUburn? (in a stupid drunk girl attitude) as i replied because I love my school and I grew up hating Georgia. She replied with" Whatever Georgia Rocks!" I tried to ignore her and the rest of the red and black, even my GF at the time that tried not to rub it in. I never gave up hope till they intercepted the ball and ran 98 yds. for the TD and then I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. Much props for staying there till we scored. I didn't even know we scored till I was drinking away my sorrows later that night.

I sat in the UGA student section underneath the scoreboard at Samford stadium and had the most annoying question asked to me by a drunk probably feshmen girl as she tugged at my Orange and Blue shirt. "WHy AUburn? (in a stupid drunk girl attitude) as i replied because I love my school and I grew up hating Georgia. She replied with" Whatever Georgia Rocks!" I tried to ignore her and the rest of the red and black, even my GF at the time that tried not to rub it in. I never gave up hope till they intercepted the ball and ran 98 yds. for the TD and then I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. Much props for staying there till we scored. I didn't even know we scored till I was drinking away my sorrows later that night.

yeah I was at a Auburn bar in Atl during that game I think I left in the 3rd quarter only to walk out and see a news crew interviewing some cocky UGA person who was like 1 of 6 in the packed out bar. Made me sick I wanted to smack that camera guy down.

To break up the "Anti-UGA" rant... I voted for Tennessee. NOTHING sucks like the Big Orange. Next to bammer, Tennessee has the largest "hillbilly white trash to legitimate fan" ratio I have ever seen. :P After spending the entire second half of a game in Neyland in 1990 dodging Jack Daniels bottles being thrown from the upper deck in to the visitors section, I have to say that their fans are horriffic.

I personally like GA - have never had problems with any of their fans - of course, I never lived in GA either...

Who gives a rats ass if they went to the school or not AND want to root for the school.

Amen, I didn't attend Auburn but I still pull for them.

My Dad went to Kentucky and he got a sweet job offer about a year ago but didnt want to live in Tenn. with all those Vols fans.

My job takes me to the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area about once a month, and I had a wonderful experience in Baton Rouge today. I was driving down I-10 in Baton rouge today in my van with my AU sticker in the window and was flipped the bird by 3 CAJUN REDNECKS in a F-150 pickup hanging out the window with LSU hats. GOD I LOVE THE SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think this makes them bad fans, but I hope we beat their a** this year!!

Is football season ever going to start?

P.S. I wonder if they even give the effort to flip off Ole Miss, Miss. State, USC, UK, or Vandy fans. It's nice to be one of the upper echelon teams that others hate

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

My job takes me to the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area about once a month, and I had a wonderful experience in Baton Rouge today. I was driving down I-10 in Baton rouge today in my van with my AU sticker in the window and was flipped the bird by 3 CAJUN REDNECKS in a F-150 pickup hanging out the window with LSU hats. GOD I LOVE THE SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think this makes them bad fans, but I hope we beat their a** this year!!

Is football season ever going to start?

P.S. I wonder if they even give the effort to flip off Ole Miss, Miss. State, USC, UK, or Vandy fans. It's nice to be one of the upper echelon teams that others hate

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have been dozing at the wheel. Don't you know they don't do this kind of thing in BR and it's a figment of our imagination :D:D

Oooops, gotta run, here come TexasLSUTiger :D

If you didn't vote for LSU then you probably havn't been to a game in Baton Rouge (especially at night). I have not missed an AU game in BR since 1991. Let me tell you that 100% of the times I have been there I have been seriously harassed before or after the game by LSU fans. Don't get me wrong, I have also been treated nicely by some LSU fans, even a couple who now come by and visit when we play in Auburn. But it's awful in BR. And its not isolated events. It happens several times each game. Last year my 15 year old son was returning from TigerWalk with several adults (mostly females) and several children (he was the oldest child in the group). About 100 yards from where we were tailgating a group of drunk LSU fans surrounded his group and began cursing them (wow... a bunch of women and children...those LSUers must feel like they are real bada$$es). Then they proceeded to douse my son's group with beer (real classy). My son told me they did not appear to be students...but real rednecks (or swamp dwellers). Tennessee is the second worst (what do you expect from a bunch of dumb hillbillies). But they aren't close to LSU!!!

On the other hand, the best away fans are the Georgia fans. I have never had a bad experience in Athens. Before and after the games they treat us with respect. When they come to AU we treat them the same. Ole Miss is probably the second best.

Archived