• Ole Miss
    • MSU
    • LSU
    • UK
    • USC
    • ARK
    • UGA
    • Auburn

I don't see that as evidence.  I see that as hear say. 

I'm not denying anything.  If I see a newspaper account or something similar I will be more apt to believe it.  Until then I'm going by my experiences of going to LSU games for the past 20 years or so.  I don't believe everything I read on the net and I find it very suspicious the vast majority of these claims are derived from AU fans. 

I've never seen a Bama fan, Ole Miss fan, GA fan, or any fan say they were scared to come to Baton Rouge.  Not once.

Here's a link from lsusports.net

http://www.lsusports.net/article.cfm?ref=0...0AA80D1FBA4FB89

In it, your AD is addressing these problems:

It's that other one percent of the fans who can ruin the reputation of our entire institution.  As I said last week, there were approximately 115,000 fans on campus for the LSU vs. Georgia game.  Consider that one percent of 115,000 people is over 1,100 people who throw items, curse, are inebriated, obnoxious or otherwise disruptive, and can make a visit to Tiger Stadium miserable for our fans or visitors to our campus.

Visitors spend money in Baton Rouge and are important to LSU's contribution, with the use of no state tax dollars, to our community.

We have a diverse group of people who attend LSU football games, and we'll never solve all of our problems.  But I implore those who share LSU's sense of sportsmanship and pride to report to authorities when you see something amiss.

Join me and stand up against behavior you know is wrong.  The LSU campus is our neighborhood on game days, and I'm asking you to participate in our version of a neighborhood watch program.

There was no reason why a young Georgia man should have had to spend the entire game at the hospital after the port-o-let he was in was toppled and then he was punched when he emerged from the portable facility.

There was no reason why a University of Georgia administrator should have been hit by a mud ball just because she was wearing Georgia colors.

There was no reason why a Georgia couple should have had to return to their car to find their hood dented and their Georgia flag burned and lying in a ditch.

There was no reason a young Georgia woman and other people should have been subjected to some very lewd comments as they entered the stadium.

I can't find any that address particular problems with Auburn. But I know that Skip apologized to CTT for LSU Fans rushing CTT's family in 2001. If I find a link to that, I'll post it as well.

War Eagle!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not denying anything.  If I see a newspaper account or something similar I will be more apt to believe it.  Until then I'm going by my experiences of going to LSU games for the past 20 years or so.  I don't believe everything I read on the net and I find it very suspicious the vast majority of these claims are derived from AU fans. 

I've never seen a Bama fan, Ole Miss fan, GA fan, or any fan say they were scared to come to Baton Rouge.  Not once.

It's that other one percent of the fans who can ruin the reputation of our entire institution.  As I said last week, there were approximately 115,000 fans on campus for the LSU vs. Georgia game.  Consider that one percent of 115,000 people is over 1,100 people who throw items, curse, are inebriated, obnoxious or otherwise disruptive, and can make a visit to Tiger Stadium miserable for our fans or visitors to our campus.

Visitors spend money in Baton Rouge and are important to LSU's contribution, with the use of no state tax dollars, to our community.

We have a diverse group of people who attend LSU football games, and we'll never solve all of our problems.  But I implore those who share LSU's sense of sportsmanship and pride to report to authorities when you see something amiss.

Join me and stand up against behavior you know is wrong.  The LSU campus is our neighborhood on game days, and I'm asking you to participate in our version of a neighborhood watch program.

There was no reason why a young Georgia man should have had to spend the entire game at the hospital after the port-o-let he was in was toppled and then he was punched when he emerged from the portable facility.

There was no reason why a University of Georgia administrator should have been hit by a mud ball just because she was wearing Georgia colors.

There was no reason why a Georgia couple should have had to return to their car to find their hood dented and their Georgia flag burned and lying in a ditch.

There was no reason a young Georgia woman and other people should have been subjected to some very lewd comments as they entered the stadium.

I can't find any that address particular problems with Auburn. But I know that Skip apologized to CTT for LSU Fans rushing CTT's family in 2001. If I find a link to that, I'll post it as well.

War Eagle!!!

thanks man I couldn't find that

Guest AuNuma1

Lswho fans rowdy and obnoxious to visiting fans??? *gasp* NO WAY!! <_<

Hell, they're rowdy and obnoxious to the HOME fans...only speaking from experience of course. :)

And didn't the police have to break up a group of rioting cajuns that wandered up to the Virginia Tech game a couple of years back?

War Eagle!!!

SECFAN,

Please fire your AD immediately. He is in cahoots with all the lieing exaggerators from AU.

p.s. Apparently uga fans are also lieing exaggerators as well. When will the conspiracy end?

Count me in....On this too....No, I am serious...Really..Trust me! :lol::lol::lol:

Here's a letter from the Reveille (the LSU Student Paper) from an OU fan:

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v...2a?in_archive=1

Sooner student angry with LSU fans

I thought I knew malicious fans. I've been refused by taxis in Columbus, Ohio because I was wearing maize and blue.

I've heard Wisconsin Badger fans when an opposing player gets injured chant, "shoot him like a horse!"

Surely Ohio State Buckeyes and Wisconsin Badgers are among the most despicable fans in college football.

Then I met the Louisiana State Tigers.

When we drove into Louisiana, signs greeted us: "The sooner we beat ya'll, the sooner ya'll can leave!"

I realized we were dealing with a clever breed with a fierce grasp on the 3rd-grade concept of homonyms.

I didn't fear for my life until just before the game. In a restaurant packed with Oklahoma fans, a group of foul-mouthed 40-somethings singled me out.

Now I am a physically intimidating beast. I stand a menacing 5-foot, 3 34 inches tall and have a smile that takes up half my face, half the time. No wonder a man twice my age and size would think I'd "take it outside."

But instead of trying to determine the outcome of a game several miles away with my own fists, I *gasp!* watched the game. Unsatisfied with their win, LSU fans tried their damnedest to "tiger-bait" us.

When my dad commented on their class and Southern charm for making us feel so welcome in Louisiana, an 18- or 19-year-old girl slapped my 54-year-old father 5 times across his face.

She then stumbled out to Bourbon Street to pick more fights. But not before she broke my younger brother's nose by giving him an uppercut with a pint glass.

But who can blame her? After all, the outcome of a college football game is not official until you've slapped someone's grandfather and demonstrated your boxing abilities with glassware.

I don't want to generalize. I never generalize. I hate everyone who ever makes generalizations. But last weekend I learned the difference between two kinds of fans I previously lumped together as Just Plain Mean: devoted fans who get feisty in the name of a great game against a deeply historical rival (Buckeyes, Badgers, and, admittedly, Sooners); and "fans" who miss seeing their team win their first national championship in almost 50 years to threaten bodily harm to a young woman whose biggest crimes are having a killer touchdown dance and cheering for a team whose mascot they cannot identify. (Note to Louisiana educators: Reinstate the chapter on the Land Rush and consider cutting out the section on creative spellings of the word "go.")

Geaux watch the game, super-fans.

Jennifer Bahner

medical student

University of Wisconsin-Madison

Here's a reply from an LSU fan the next week:

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v...3/4010b5af58268

An apology on behalf of the fans

I would like to personally apologize to Jennifer Bahner and her family for the behavior of the LSU fans they encountered.

I am embarrassed (as should be the rest of the student body) to say that these persons were fellow Tigers fans. Their behavior was inexcusable.

I would like Ms. Bahner to know, however, that they are not a representation of all Tigers fans. The majority of our fans are very considerate people.

But Ms. Bahner is right. Some of our fans do tend to be obnoxious and exceptionally rude to the opposing team's fans, players, and even band members.

We have the No. 1 football team in the nation, why can't we have the No. 1 fans too? Don't get me wrong, we have the greatest fans when it comes to cheering and supporting our athletes, but unfortunately that Southern hospitality ends at the state line.

Again, I would like to apologize to Ms. Bahner and I hope that she will give Louisiana and LSU fans a second chance to make a better impression.

Courtney Kelly

LSU Alumna

:lol::lol: that was funny and I guess we have done it our conspiracy to get everyone to hate LSU has worked bwahhahahahaha

I havent heard anything from ol' corndog man in a while.

Hmm ... Wonder why?

LSWho fans better be dreading coming to the Plains here in a few months, because i have a feeling a month into the season those Auburn Tigers just might have an early lead in the west race.

Revenge is so sweet, especially when the opponent doesnt see it coming B)

AUJARHEAD is my new hero! :au:

Thanks, man. I'm trying to find a copy of the apology that LSU's Chancellor, Mark Emmert, sent to Walker in 2001, for the fan behavior, but I can't find a copy online. If I find it, I'll be glad to post it.

:au:

And just to support what I said above, low and behold a hated fan poll on a LSU board with Auburn in the lead.  :lol:

http://mb2.theinsiders.com/flsu55929frm1.s...&pollResults=on

The only thing that supports is all those overly exaggerated horror stories about Baton Rouge from some AU fans has led to some LSU fans hating the perpetrators of the propaganda. No other school has said such outlandish comments so frequently and on such a demeaning level. Now why is that?

Actually if you go back and read what I said it supports completly what I said. Don't go bitching about fan polls that regard your team in a negative light on another board because your own fans are doing it somewhere also.

Your gonna quote me and state my point is wrong make sure you know my point first.

I can't find the Chancellor's actual apology, but I did find reference to it here:

http://www.miami.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/20.../4372158.htm?1c

LSU chancellor Mark Emmert issued an apology to Auburn after last year's game for the unruly behavior of some fans.

(note, this article was written in 2002, so "last year's game" was 2001.)

SECFan, I hope this will satisfy your request for seeing these from a newspaper.

War Eagle!

War Eagle!!!

SECFAN,

Please fire your AD immediately. He is in cahoots with all the lieing exaggerators from AU.

p.s. Apparently uga fans are also lieing exaggerators as well. When will the conspiracy end?

Thank you for that story. As you can see Skip got it right when he said it's 1% of the fans that are bad and the remaining 99% good LSU fans should take action to report those bad fans. I couldn't agree more. To say he's exaggerating along with the AU fans is silly. Skip is telling it how it is. Some AU fans exaggerating the frequency and nature of these occurrences. (I'm not going to list them because I'm sure you have seen the outlandish stories.)

Skips post was level headed. Here's another level headed post from an AU fan wesafu:

"Heresy alert!!! I have lots of LSU friends. I like tailgating with them. There are the bad stories, of course, but I've never had those experiences."

and another from AUjarhead:

"LSU Football fans, but I'm sure I'm only referring to that 1%. If you ever get a chance to go to Alex Box stadium for a baseball game, go (or geaux) as these are some of the nicest people in the SEC, and during the 80s, when I went to LSU games growing up, these were the kind of football fans you'd meet. Since 1995, though, LSU football fans have been downright rude. Maybe they wanted to compete with Florida."

NO one has answered this question. Why do AU fans complain about LSU fans much much more frequently then all other SEC schools combined? As noted already in this thread there is isolated incidences of complaints from GA fans. Certainly nothing compared to AU fans. Why is that?

War Eagle!!!

SECFAN,

Thank you for that story. As you can see Skip got it right when he said it's 1% of the fans that are bad and the remaining 99% good LSU fans should take action to report those bad fans. I couldn't agree more. To say he's exaggerating along with the AU fans is silly. Skip is telling it how it is. Some AU fans exaggerating the frequency and nature of these occurrences. (I'm not going to list them because I'm sure you have seen the outlandish stories.)

Skips post was level headed. Here's another level headed post from an AU fan wesafu:

"Heresy alert!!! I have lots of LSU friends. I like tailgating with them. There are the bad stories, of course, but I've never had those experiences."

"LSU Football fans, but I'm sure I'm only referring to that 1%. If you ever get a chance to go to Alex Box stadium for a baseball game, go (or geaux) as these are some of the nicest people in the SEC, and during the 80s, when I went to LSU games growing up, these were the kind of football fans you'd meet. Since 1995, though, LSU football fans have been downright rude. Maybe they wanted to compete with Florida."

NO one has answered this question. Why do AU fans complain about LSU fans much much more frequently then all other SEC schools combined? As noted already in this thread there is isolated incidences of complaints from GA fans. Certainly nothing compared to AU fans. Why is that?

:bs::bs::bs:

That is all that I was saying and all that most anybody in this thread was saying. Everyone acknowledged that it was a small % that were the trouble makers. You made out like lsu was no different than any other schools. Well I am not aware of any other schools in the SEC, acknlowledging that they have a problem TO THIS DEGREE. Are you? NO HEARSAY PLEASE, just facts. 1% means that they have over a thousand drunken buffoon troublemakers at each home game. That is a serious problem imo. Even the AD is concerned that this could hurt visitor revenues.

So please don't come in hear and pretend that what aujarhead posted is in line with what you were arguing, because it is not. A kindergartner could see that.

When you see AU fans whining and bitching about lsu fans this 1% is what they are complaining about. Sure there have probably been a few exaggerations here and there, but without the fire there couldn't be all that smoke. You have to admit that many lsu fans hate AU with a passion so it makes sense that AU fans would catch more grief and harrassment when the go to lsu than any other team. If you can't admit to what I have said here being true there is no hope for your rationality to enter into this subject.

SECFan,

You said that you had not heard anything, and wanted to know more, so I provided some links. That's all I was doing. And Yes, like tiger88 said, I really believe it's that 1%.

As for your question, I can only give you my experiences, and I'll give then as an Auburn Man only, not experieinces growing up as an LSU fan. In 1993, when Auburn played LSU, I had a great time. At that time, I was drilling with a unit in Belle Chase, and went to the game with about 5 other Marines. They wore their LSU shirts, I wore my Auburn shirt. Had a blast. In 1995, I went with 2 of my fraternity brothers from Auburn. While on campus, on the way to the stadium, I had some idiot come up to me and my friends, cuss us out, and try to start a fight. We ignored him and kept walking. I couldn't go in 1997, but I went back in 1999. In 1999, I didn't have a ticket, so I went to the bar next to the Varsity, and again had a great time. In 2001, after the game, I was tailgating with a friend and his wife (we are all AU alums), when 3 guys came up to us and told us to "Get the **** off our campus." We stood up, politely told the guys to please don't speak like that again, and the kids left. No urine was throw at me, no beer bottle thrown, just an F bomb to leave LSU's campus.

I haven't been back to a game there since, nor do I intend to.

When I compare this to others schools:

Florida. Yes, Florida was terrible to me in 1994. I had a guy push me in the back while we walked out the stadium, when I turned around, (I'm 6'4") and looked down at him (he was 5'6"), I told him that was his freebie, if he did it again, his girlfriend would be helping him collect his teeth, he left me alone. I've not been back to a game in the swamp since. However, when Florida came to Auburn in 1997, 1999, and 2001, I had great experiences with the Florida fans that were either tailgating near us, or sitting near us.

UGA. I've been to one game in Athens. I pulled into town with three friends, and within 5 minutes of us parking, an elderly UGA fan asked us if we'd like to tailgate with him and his family. Granted, when UGA tied us in 1994, there idiot backup football player who jumped on Aubie's podium, and began flipping off the student section, didn't sit to well with me, but this didn't happen to me, individually. (side note, said UGA football player later apologized to the AU student body).

UT. I've not been to a game at Neyland, however, I am going this year. My roommate from college currently lives in Knoxville. Last season, he brought down all of his UT friends, and we had a great time. I don't expect this to be any different this year when I go up there. The UT people I met at Auburn all had a lot of class.

So, when I, personally, complain about LSU fans being "rude" it's because MY bad experiences with LSU have been, literally, the most recent AND the most numerous. Yes, I've been to Tiger Stadium more than any other stadium, so it could be a strict numbers game, but you want to know why I believe LSU (football) fans are the worst, it's because of events like this. Why would UGA event be "isolated?" Maybe because they play there once every eight years? There aren't any Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, or Florida fans who post here (that I know of), so I never know their experiences on game day in Baton Rouge.

I visited this and other AU boards before and after the 2003 game, and I don't recall there being much in the way of bad fan behavior complaints then. Most of these horror stories seem to come from 2001, when things did get out of hand and there were some very bad incidents.

However, some of those stories get exagerating in the retelling. Just the other day I was talking to an AU grad out here (I'm in Los Angelas, and out here, SEC bretheren have to stick together) and he was telling me about the AU trainer who got hit in the head with a bottle and died. Only it wasn't a bottle, it was a football.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that things seem to be moving in the right direction. There were no beatings, no piss bombs, no grandmothers thrown of the upper deck, and no babies eaten this last AU visit to LSU. Many people don't even hate Tuberville as much anymore (well........ maybe). It just seems to me that things got a bit ugly, but now they are heading back into a healthy rivalry.

Course, I could be way off base, but in the midst of PAC-10 country, it's hard to not want my SEC brothers on good terms.

(Oh yeah, I was flipped off and cussed at by some USC guys the other day for wearing my LSU shirt, so it doesn't only happen in the South)

War Eagle!!!

SECFAN,

:bs::bs::bs:

That is all that I was saying and all that most anybody in this thread was saying. Everyone acknowledged that it was a small % that were the trouble makers. You made out like lsu was no different than any other schools. Well I am not aware of any other schools in the SEC, acknlowledging that they have a problem TO THIS DEGREE. Are you? NO HEARSAY PLEASE, just facts. 1% means that they have over a thousand drunken buffoon troublemakers at each home game. That is a serious problem imo. Even the AD is concerned that this could hurt visitor revenues.

So please don't come in hear and pretend that what aujarhead posted is in line with what you were arguing, because it is not. A kindergartner could see that.

When you see AU fans whining and bitching about lsu fans this 1% is what they are complaining about. Sure there have probably been a few exaggerations here and there, but without the fire there couldn't be all that smoke. You have to admit that many lsu fans hate AU with a passion so it makes sense that AU fans would catch more grief and harrassment when the go to lsu than any other team. If you can't admit to what I have said here being true there is no hope for your rationality to enter into this subject.

You're flat out wrong. Do the two quotes below sound like they are talking about 1% of LSU fans? A kindergartner can see they are not. If I had the time I could find many many more examples just like these. And these types of examples mainly come from AU fans. WHY????

Bustembigblue:

"LSU in a landslide. I feel sorry for the couple of good LSU fans that get a bad name due to the rest of the fan base. Only time I ever felt unsafe on the Auburn campus was when we played LSU in 2000. My truck got surrounded by drunk cajun swampdwellers. I got harassed even though I tried to stay low-key."

Aubie 7

"LSwho- drunk, ill-mannered, un-educated, etc, will fade away as team does the same in next two years"

Why do you think LSU fans hate AU fans so much? Do you think many AU fans hate LSU the same? Who do you think started this hate?

By the way I don't hate AU fans. I know most AU fans are good people. I have the capacity to recognize there's bad apples in every group and I'm not going to let those bad apples tarnish the majority of the good AU fans.

You're flat out wrong.  Do the two quotes below sound like they are talking about 1% of LSU fans?  A kindergartner can see they are not.  If I had the time I could find many many more examples just like these.  And these types of examples mainly come from AU fans.  WHY???? 

Bustembigblue:

"LSU in a landslide. I feel sorry for the couple of good LSU fans that get a bad name due to the rest of the fan base. Only time I ever felt unsafe on the Auburn campus was when we played LSU in 2000. My truck got surrounded by drunk cajun swampdwellers. I got harassed even though I tried to stay low-key."

Aubie 7

"LSwho- drunk, ill-mannered, un-educated, etc, will fade away as team does the same in next two years"

Why do you think LSU fans hate AU fans so much?  Do you think many AU fans hate LSU the same?  Who do you think started this hate?

By the way I don't hate AU fans.  I know most AU fans are good people.  I have the capacity to recognize there's bad apples in every group and I'm not going to let those bad apples tarnish the majority of the good AU fans.

Jeez...just let it go already. LSU fans hate AU fans because LSU fans hate Tuberville. It's really that simply. Before Tuberville came to AU, there was mild interest in this game. Now the rowdiness of the LSU faithful comes out during the AU series.

You're not going to convince anyone on this board otherwise, so just quit yer bitchin.

Psst....here's some cotton for ya. Call it your "manpon" if you will.

WELL said, wes, WELL said ! ! ! :D

You're flat out wrong.  Do the two quotes below sound like they are talking about 1% of LSU fans?  A kindergartner can see they are not.  If I had the time I could find many many more examples just like these.  And these types of examples mainly come from AU fans.  WHY???? 

Bustembigblue:

Aubie 7

Why do you think LSU fans hate AU fans so much?  Do you think many AU fans hate LSU the same?  Who do you think started this hate?

By the way I don't hate AU fans.  I know most AU fans are good people.  I have the capacity to recognize there's bad apples in every group and I'm not going to let those bad apples tarnish the majority of the good AU fans.

Jeez...just let it go already. LSU fans hate AU fans because LSU fans hate Tuberville. It's really that simply. Before Tuberville came to AU, there was mild interest in this game. Now the rowdiness of the LSU faithful comes out during the AU series.

You're not going to convince anyone on this board otherwise, so just quit yer bitchin.

Psst....here's some cotton for ya. Call it your "manpon" if you will.

Speaking of bad apples. ;)

Archived