2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may be, but he should note that Bo is a commit, and the Dentally Challenged signed 4 RBs in 2013

Scarbrough being recruited as a WR.

He could play WR but Bama is recruiting him at RB at this time.

As we've seen these past few years, bammer will get him and convert him to a LB, or add him to the depth chart with the other 11 4-5 star RB's they have. They do this to keep other teams from getting him. When you reach the level of talent and depth that bammer has, you can afford to burn scholarships to keep your rivals from getting players that could truly help them out.

I cannot wait until Gus gets us to this point!!

As we've seen these past few years, bammer will get him and convert him to a LB, or add him to the depth chart with the other 11 4-5 star RB's they have. They do this to keep other teams from getting him. When you reach the level of talent and depth that bammer has, you can afford to burn scholarships to keep your rivals from getting players that could truly help them out.

Especially condidering when one of the biggest keys to winning football is a great run game.

Especially condidering when one of the biggest keys to winning football is a great run game.

Roc won't play linebacker he and his dad have said this. He hasn't played any defense in the last three years.

Roc won't play linebacker he and his dad have said this. He hasn't played any defense in the last three years.

The post was not talking about him specifically playing LB. It was more a statement of how Saban hoards RBs and moves a number of them.

Just heard an interesting theory, which, knowing Saban, could have some merit. It's called the "Lattimore" effect. He wants to have a leasr two, but preferably three or four, backs who can play at a high level, thereby avoiding wearing a guy down until he gets injured. It makes sense, and the pros seem to be headed in the same direction.

Just heard an interesting theory, which, knowing Saban, could have some merit. It's called the "Lattimore" effect. He wants to have a leasr two, but preferably three or four, backs who can play at a high level, thereby avoiding wearing a guy down until he gets injured. It makes sense, and the pros seem to be headed in the same direction.

I don't think the idea of having multiple highly talented backs is a new theory. I'm sure if USCe would have had a couple of other backs that they thought could be successful then they wouldn't have worked Lattimore quite so hard.

Things are headed in that direction for sure. With these guys getting bigger and bigger it is becoming a necessity rather than a luxury. Then to there are some backs who need a certain amount of carries to get going good.

Everything I'm hearing from Bama sources is that he is going to play WR, and not only that, but apparently he wants to play WR. He has already torn his ACL and suffered some injuries, and apparently doesn't want to take any more beating by playing RB in college.

Everything I'm hearing from Bama sources is that he is going to play WR, and not only that, but apparently he wants to play WR. He has already torn his ACL and suffered some injuries, and apparently doesn't want to take any more beating by playing RB in college.

The info I gut was from a BOL article from 2 days ago so I am sticking with that until something new is published...Interesting stuff on the ACL though.

You might be thinking of Bo Scarborough. Dont think he torn an ACL could be wrong but dont think so

You might be thinking of Bo Scarborough. Dont think he torn an ACL could be wrong but dont think so

We were talking about Bo in those posts.

All I can say is WOW! I normally watch just a couple minutes of a kid's video and stop since I have formed an opinion. In his case, I had made up my mind but just wanted to keep watching him. He is one of the most dynamic running backs I've seen in a while. He has serious vision that allows him to see holes where there is only a seam, adjust his body and speed to make it into that seam, and power to make it through what appears to be hopeless situations when surrounded by tacklers. His speed appears almost effortless while obvious when compared to defenders who almost always had the angle on him. I sure hope he considers AU. Any early word given he's in Oxford?

I would definitely concur with the early comparisons to Cadillac. The guy looks very impressive! I know he grew up an Alabama fan, but I really like our chances here. Alabama signed 4 running backs last year and they already have Scarborough committed. I think Gus' offense will win this guy over in the end!

I would definitely concur with the early comparisons to Cadillac. The guy looks very impressive! I know he grew up an Alabama fan, but I really like our chances here. Alabama signed 4 running backs last year and they already have Scarborough committed. I think Gus' offense will win this guy over in the end!

i would love to see this happen, but the truth of the matter is this. Growing up a bamafan does not bode well for the good guys. players of this caliber don't care about the other players on the roster, because they believe they will WIN the starting position over them (however flawed their beliefs may be). i hope i am dead wrong, but I would be shocked if he SIGNED with us. in fact, if he commits to us, i will be VERY suspect of him until the ink actually dries on a LOI. Just sayin'. feels a little like TJY if it gets that far.

for those that want to bash me for being a "conspiracy theorist", fire away. however, i believe there are too many questionable highly rated flips going against us the past several years to think otherwise. :dunno:

An amazing talent. Great skills for a HS running back. Can definitely see the Caddy comparisons. The jump step and the fight in each of his runs is very Caddy-like. He'll be a good running back where ever he goes but no doubt he could be a star at AU. Have to wait a few months before we get a feel for him and where he's leaning. Getting him down on the plains is a good start.

I'm no recruiting guru but that's honestly the best RB tape I've ever watched. Ellitor is right IMO, complete Caddy clone. He runs exactly the same way with the suddenness of his moves and his ability to somehow yank his body away HARD when he feels someone trying to tackle him. If he stays healthy this guy is seriously going to be a star in college. Man I hope we get him.

All I can say is WOW! I normally watch just a couple minutes of a kid's video and stop since I have formed an opinion. In his case, I had made up my mind but just wanted to keep watching him. He is one of the most dynamic running backs I've seen in a while. He has serious vision that allows him to see holes where there is only a seam, adjust his body and speed to make it into that seam, and power to make it through what appears to be hopeless situations when surrounded by tacklers. His speed appears almost effortless while obvious when compared to defenders who almost always had the angle on him. I sure hope he considers AU. Any early word given he's in Oxford?

Was a heavy Bama lean before his last visit to Auburn where we made up some ground.

Is it wrong that i have completely written this guy off as a bama lock simply because he goes to Oxford?

Yes but the smart money would be on Bama.

Archived