2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

The RBs in the '14 class will be Freshmen when Mason, CAP and Grant are Seniors, so I fully expect us to take 3 RBs in '14, not 2, to replace those 3 Seniors. If one of the 3 Seniors has a great Junior year in '13 and leaves for the NFL early, it is even more reason to take 3 Freshmen in '14 to go along with Ford and Barber from '13.

'14 season:

(3) Seniors- Mason, CAP ,Grant

(0) Juniors- none

(2) Sophs- Ford, Barber

(3) Freshmen- Pettway plus 2

like I said the coaches are planning on 2 RBs right now. If 1 goes pro this year then I say yes to 3. If not then we would have 8 scholly RBs on roster at the same time in 2014 if we take 3 in this class. There is not a scenario were I ever see us having 8 RBs on roster at the same time...especially given RB is the easiest position to transfer to from High School to college.

I expect us to take 3.

Ooooh! I smell a wager... :popcorn:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll need to sign three. Somebody will get injured, not make his grades, get "attritioned" for some other reason or turn pro.

I also see three as the number we will take next year, just makes sense with our numbers right now and future needs. The coaches wish they had more right now, IMO.

I've heard it said that you need 5 studs RB's and then let the cream rise to the top. That way if one is injured and one gets in the doghouse you still have depth.

Gabe Wright says Auburn is good shape with Thomas,calls him the best back in the state. This is on twitter,for some reason I can't seem to copy and paste twitter. Can someone do it for all to see. Thanks and WDE

Gabe Wright says Auburn is good shape with Thomas,calls him the best back in the state. This is on twitter,for some reason I can't seem to copy and paste twitter. Can someone do it for all to see. Thanks and WDE

"Fake Gabe Wright"....lol

Fake Gabe Wright@GabeThaGreat

Auburn is in good shape with Roc Thomas at the moment. Best highschool RB from the state of Alabama since Carnell Williams. Kid is special

"Fake Gabe Wright"....lol

Fake Gabe Wright@GabeThaGreat

Auburn is in good shape with Roc Thomas at the moment. Best highschool RB from the state of Alabama since Carnell Williams. Kid is special

yeah seems too be a funny guy. Thanks for quoting that for me.

Who ever the guy really is he is pretty good. He has called some things right before it happened.

Sounds like a direct quote from Jason Caldwell

The sentiment in the tweet is shared by a number of Auburn people with connections. Not just the pay guys.

I hope the guy calling this isn't the same one that had Kwon Alexander, Tashawn Bower and Austin Golson heading to AU.

Man do I hate recruiting and Twitter

Twitter is a great tool to get news, but people need to use common sense to determine what is true or false.

Things could change, but I don't see Thomas at AU in the end.

Man do I hate recruiting and Twitter

Twitter is a great tool to get news, but people need to use common sense to determine what is true or false.

Things could change, but I don't see Thomas at AU in the end.

It's a great tool to get rumor, conjecture, some truths, mostly untruths, drama....and a little bit news. :big:

Who ever the guy really is he is pretty good. He has called some things right before it happened.

might be another player, might be TT's son, someone on campus, knows the players real well that is for sure.

I hope the guy calling this isn't the same one that had Kwon Alexander, Tashawn Bower and Austin Golson heading to AU.

No. He was spot on with his NSD picks.

So I've had this theory for a while,

What if the fake Gabe Wright twitter is actually ran by Gabe? So that he can get away with saying a lot more stuff?

Or it could be another Auburn player close to GW

What if the fake Gabe Wright twitter is actually ran by Gabe? So that he can get away with saying a lot more stuff?

Maybe it's Nick Fairley.

Maybe it's Nick Fairley.

Tim Jackson...?

• 2 weeks later...

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild9m

AL, LSU, AU, OREG., UGA

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild4m

Ole Miss too. How'd I forget. Smh

Well LSU should sign Fournette IMO, UAt has Bo Scarborough as well as the on-campus and 2013 signees. thUGA is stacked and looks to get Chubb so I would say that leaves us, Ole Sis' and UofO and since he has said he prefers close to home that we are in the driver's seat. At least that is where I choose to believe he is indeed headed.

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild9m

AL, LSU, AU, OREG., UGA

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild4m

Well LSU should sign Fournette IMO, UAt has Bo Scarborough as well as the on-campus and 2013 signees. thUGA is stacked and looks to get Chubb so I would say that leaves us, Ole Sis' and UofO and since he has said he prefers close to home that we are in the driver's seat. At least that is where I choose to believe he is indeed headed.

I would not concede Chubb to Georgia. Roc is probably higher on Georgia's list and if he picked UGA then Chubb likely picks AU IMO

Info (rumors mostly) on Roc are all over the place. Some people are saying that Roc likes AU because of the depth chart and does not like bama because they have too many RB's. Then.... the gumps are saying that Roc is a backup plan if Saban can't close the deal on Fournette. LSU guys are saying that Fourette is a cornlock. And there are others saying that Roc will be headed to Athens. This will be a ROCky recruitment.

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild9m

AL, LSU, AU, OREG., UGA

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild4m

I would not concede Chubb to Georgia. Roc is probably higher on Georgia's list and if he picked UGA then Chubb likely picks AU IMO

Again, I can't argue because that is a real likely possibility. Which is like saying a possible likelihood of Thomas to Auburn and Nick to thUGA.

Archived