2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah..Boom!!

1. ⚡️ ɔ o ɹ@El_GoldenChild 9m
    How committed are you to Auburn? — Committed http://ask.fm/a/a5ijg037
    Retweeted by EagleDamnWar Expand

[*]

oJuk-sXl_normal.jpeg ⚡️ ɔ o ɹ@El_GoldenChild 10m

Did lane kiffin change your mind about going to auburn? — No http://ask.fm/a/a5ik7lf0

Retweeted by EagleDamnWar

There is also a lot of speculation that Bo Scarborough is not going to qualify......which would mean no RBs for Bama this year.

I'll believe that when I see it. I guarantee you that they will somehow get Humphrey and Scarborough qualified.

Agreed completely. They have mastered that art. I know we are all a little sore over bama flips in the past, but I think Roc is solid. And when you think about where a RB would want to play, is there any question AU? Maybe the best running attack in the history of college football last year (no sources checked), a mastermind Offensive HC, a HC that loves to run the ball and knows how to do it and makes it easier on an RB to get production/stats. Oh, and we still are RB U. Seems like a no brainer.

Henry is going to be the #1 RB at bama next season…look for yeldon to transfer after spring practice….Rock knows this and is solid for AU

I gotta be honest, thats a pretty sweet feeling. Bammer coach being tolf he may as well go away. War damn... :P

Henry is not going to be the guy. Tj will lose some carries but if anyone transfers it's going to be one of those other three guys. I still do not understand those four or five guys the past few years thinking they are going to play right away. As far as roc goes...he is special. Future is bright at Auburn.

Guess LK figures you don't know until you try. If LK and UAT can get him to change horses now...he was never ours to begin with IMO. ....and in fact, until the letter is signed, he isn't anyone's "catch" is he?

The entire recruiting process is disgusting....still I watch it anyway...but I never invest my feelings into it.

Being an old fuddy....I still think it is a privilege to attend Auburn...and not something you should have to beg kids to do. War Eagle !

I share that view, unfotunately not every parent loves their child enough to guide them towards AU.

Agree w/you both...but the parents who shape their kids in a way that gets the "Auburn Man" (or woman) in them started early sure do!! And they are each worth 10 or more of the other kind...

:wareagle:

IMO Lane has soured his reputation in the Southeast and the West. I don't think he will have near the effectiveness he had as the head coach at TN.

Fans eyes yes. Recruits eye no. They see he was in the NFL and won Nattys at USC as an assistant and they listen to him.

I am sorry I was not here this afternoon to stop the derailment but please take the Kiffin and Bama stuff to other one of the many other Bama threads on this site. As for this situation Lane visited. Coach said Roc was solid to AU. Roc said no thanks. End of that. Moving on.

There is also a lot of speculation that Bo Scarborough is not going to qualify......which would mean no RBs for Bama this year.

I'll believe that when I see it. I guarantee you that they will somehow get Humphrey and Scarborough qualified.

Agreed. If they could get Marcel Dareus and Josh Chapman qualified I doubt they will have much trouble with anyone else.

They say this Roc guy has some serious skills and i'm not talking nunchucks!

I hear he's THE MOST ELECTRIFYING ATHLETE IN ALL OF ALABAMA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TODAY!!!

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

I heard Roc had the best highlight film of any back in the country this year! Go to TD, lots of posters, non AU fans have agreed with this.

They say this Roc guy has some serious skills and i'm not talking nunchucks!

I hear he's THE MOST ELECTRIFYING ATHLETE IN ALL OF ALABAMA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TODAY!!!

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

87,000+ celebrating a touchdown by yelling in unison, "IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL..."?!?!?!?!

I have a dream.

I read somewhere he jumped off the Empire State Building this one time and he only sprained his ankle.

I heard it was a bone spur.

/s

But he still played the following Friday. And... gave the Offense a break and ran the play by himself a couple of series.

:hellyeah:

Scarbo on Roc.

All 12 victories remain sweet, especially for a program that tasted defeat so often the year before. All six national coaching awards are nice, especially the ones named for legends Bear Bryant, Bobby Bowden and Eddie Robinson.

But of all the things Gus Malzahn has accomplished in one year as the Auburn head coach, he’s on the verge of doing something that hints at his ability to build, beyond a championship team, a championship program.

He’s less than three weeks away from going 2 for 2 in landing Alabama's Mr. Football.

Malzahn’s first Auburn signing class a year ago included Carver-Montgomery quarterback Jeremy Johnson, Alabama’s Mr. Football 2012, and it appears his second signing class come Feb. 5 will include Oxford High running back Roc Thomas, Alabama's Mr. Football 2013.

After being named the latest winner of that honor Wednesday, Thomas reaffirmed his commitment to the Tigers. The next day, Alabama tested that commitment by sending new offensive coordinator and recruiting ace Lane Kiffin to visit Thomas.

The last running back to win Mr. Football in this state, T. J. Yeldon in 2011, was once an Auburn commitment himself, but he changed his mind and signed with Alabama.

How did Thomas respond to Alabama’s attempted shot across Auburn’s bow? By staying “100 percent” committed to Auburn, according to his high school coach.

If Thomas follows through and signs with the Tigers, it’ll mark the first time since 2000 (Carnell Williams) and 2001 (Brandon Cox) that Auburn has landed back-to-back Mr. Footballs from this state.

That can be significant, but it also can be a mirage. Alabama hasn’t landed two straight in-state Mr. Footballs since 1995 (Gorman Thornton) and 1996 (Antoneyo Williams), but that hasn’t stopped Nick Saban and company from rounding up more talent than any program in the country on an annual basis.

By the Rivals.com rankings, Alabama has won the last three and five of the last six recruiting “national championships,” and it’s headed toward another No. 1 class by spreading its net far beyond its home state.

Some Mr. Footballs are great high school players but aren’t the best college or pro prospects in their class, and not all of them end up at Alabama or Auburn. Not to mention, one player, even one that looks like a guaranteed All-American, doesn’t make a recruiting class.

But it does say something about Malzahn, Rodney Garner, Dameyune Craig and the Auburn staff that they’re headed toward securing their second straight Mr. Football in this state.

Alabama wasn’t particularly interested in Johnson a year ago, but such major players as LSU were. Malzahn was able to secure a quarterback who looks like the logical successor to Nick Marshall in 2015. When’s the last time Auburn, or Malzahn, had an orderly long-term plan of succession in place at that position?

If Thomas doesn’t change his mind, Auburn will sign another Mr. Football, but this time one that Alabama has taken a run at. If Auburn can go head to head with Alabama for the best players in this state and win its share of those battles, it’ll be another sign that the Tigers weren’t a one-hit wonder in 2013.

As for Thomas, if he continues to develop, he just might have a chance to end a strange streak. For the last nine seasons, from Kenny Irons (2005, 2006) to Ben Tate (2007, 2008, 2009) to Cam Newton (2010), Mike Dyer (2011) and Tre Mason (2012, 2013), the leading rusher for the Tigers has not been an Alabama native.

The last in-state player to lead Auburn in rushing did it in 2003 and 2004. It was Carnell Williams. Also known as Mr. Football.

If anyone is worried about Roc, don't be. If you have followed him any time at all, it is easy to see how comfortable he is at AU.

He is going to be fun to watch.

Archived