2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

A couple of things need to be pointed out:

First, yes the bammer coaching staff is desperate to get Evans and Thomas for obvious reasons.

Second, they believe they can make our coaches become distracted by this and not pursue Ronnie Clark and other bammer committs as they normally would.

JMO but it's more about AU NOT getting those two guys.

Bammers revel in the idea that they have the pick of the crop when recruiting in the state and I expect this is more about their psychology of domination than an actual need for the talent these guys will bring to a program.

Again just my opinion but NS has recruited and then tossed away more talent in the past few years than many SEC schools will every attract to their campuses.

We have discussed in the past, the bammers two-fold approach...to get the best talent they can and.. to make sure that AU does not get the talent to compete with them. With so much talent in the state this year, they are doubling down on their efforts to make sure AU does not get an equal (or better) share.

No question, It's tough on the kids caught up in their relentless campaign.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, yes the bammer coaching staff is desperate to get Evans and Thomas for obvious reasons.

Second, they believe they can make our coaches become distracted by this and not pursue Ronnie Clark and other bammer committs as they normally would.

Bammers revel in the idea that they have the pick of the crop when recruiting in the state and I expect this is more about their psychology of domination than an actual need for the talent these guys will bring to a program.

Again just my opinion but NS has recruited and then tossed away more talent in the past few years than many SEC schools will every attract to their campuses.

We have discussed in the past, the bammers two-fold approach...to get the best talent they can and.. to make sure that AU does not get the talent to compete with them. With so much talent in the state this year, they are doubling down on their efforts to make sure AU does not get an equal (or better) share.

I think they are also doubling down because they have been forced to now. After it's all said and done, I think Gus and Co. are going to win the State recruiting title this year.

I think they are also doubling down because they have been forced to now. After it's all said and done, I think Gus and Co. are going to win the State recruiting title this year.

FIFY

Thomas will be visiting an in-state school this weekend.

Link

Tease...Visiting Jax State to help his former coach John Grass get some pub.

Link

Pretty cool of him to do this.

Link

Aw come on E, you could have let people freak out just a little before clarifing that! lol

Link

Aw come on E, you could have let people freak out just a little before clarifing that! lol

Giving all the nail biting that's gone on around here lately, nope.

Hell I had great plans for this weekend as well until I woke up Thursday with the flu bug... That changed my plans from attending the senior bowl and hitting the gym to watching it on TV and reading an Elmer Keith book. Point is stuff you don't plan for comes up.

Sounds like poor planning to me.

It was great planning until Thursday. But hey I can't complain the weekend before was awesome since I got to meet Dee Ford as well half of the old wrestling tag team Rock N Roll Express. Up one weekend down the next.

Morton or Gibson?

Gibson. I was invited to a wedding due to my girlfriend doing the brides makeup. Ended up the bride was his daughter. Unfortunely she married a big Tennessee fan.

Saw them a few times at Boutwell Auditorium in B'ham, back in the day. Not even sure if that place still exist or not. Watched numerous Fuller matches and such. Nice to think reflect on the good old days.

Don't forget my childhood favorites. The Bullet Bob Armstrong and The Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol

I remember Tojo Yamamoto, Jackie Fargo and all of those guys

• 3 months later...

Saw roc at church this morning, looks like he is good shape said ankle feels good. Told me straight up he don't think they will redshirt him.

I seriously doubt he will be redshirted. CGM likes to use the talent he has and Roc is seriously talented. Anyone that has not seen Roc's film needs to look. awesome.

I hope Roc is doing work on his WR friend Tre Gamble !! Tre had a great game at the gridiron classic yesterday ! Wow , he looked great ! Herren said after the game he is the BEST WR in the state . I agree !!

I hope Roc is doing work on his WR friend Tre Gamble !! Tre had a great game at the gridiron classic yesterday ! Wow , he looked great ! Herren said after the game he is the BEST WR in the state . I agree !!

I can't believe we havn't offered Big Man Gamble. There is no doubt the best receiver in the state. Probably one of the top 5 athletes in Alabama for 2015. Any of you guru's know why no offers yet.

He will have a ton of offers !! There was over 20 scouts at the game yesterday !! So we on the clock .

No sense in redshirting him. If he is close to as good as advertised, there is NO WAY he will be here for 5 years.

This is correct. He should play. He is way talented.

With the stable of backs we currently have, can we get him enough carries?

Having fewer carries in college is now seen as an asset by a lot of NFL people. Carlos Hyde only had about 350 carries his entire time at tOSU, which was touted as a benefit come draft day. Of course you need enough carries to show you can do the job.

I suspect they will give Roc a shot at punt and/or kick returns as well as including him in the RB rotation. If he doesn't emerge as the best option, he will probably see his opportunities decrease during the year, as CAP and Grant did last year. I think there's less than a 0.1% chance Roc redshirts if he's not injured.

Archived