2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

Info (rumors mostly) on Roc are all over the place. Some people are saying that Roc likes AU because of the depth chart and does not like bama because they have too many RB's. Then.... the gumps are saying that Roc is a backup plan if Saban can't close the deal on Fournette. LSU guys are saying that Fourette is a cornlock. And there are others saying that Roc will be headed to Athens. This will be a ROCky recruitment.

I bet it's something almost just like that. It will all swing around sabear and Fournette.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Info (rumors mostly) on Roc are all over the place. Some people are saying that Roc likes AU because of the depth chart and does not like bama because they have too many RB's. Then.... the gumps are saying that Roc is a backup plan if Saban can't close the deal on Fournette. LSU guys are saying that Fourette is a cornlock. And there are others saying that Roc will be headed to Athens. This will be a ROCky recruitment.

Agree, I will believe Roc Thomas to Auburn when they say his faxed has been received. I just don't see it happening. I hate it too, because this offense is made for him.

Agree, I will believe Roc Thomas to Auburn when they say his faxed has been received. I just don't see it happening. I hate it too, because this offense is made for him.

Don't write the young man off yet. His top 2 right now are Auburn and UGA.

We seem to have his attention anyway. He is one of only a handful of the top kids not drooling on the glass as they peer into lil nicky's football emporium.

If Gus can get the most of the talent that he has on offense this season, I am sure the 2014 class will be filled with big time prospects from the skill positions.

If Gus can get the most of the talent that he has on offense this season, I am sure the 2014 class will be filled with big time prospects from the skill positions.

And don't forget this is the recruiting class that usually gets the Natty Bump.

That bump keeps getting pushed back. I've watched it go from '11 to '12 to '13 and now '14. My guess is that whatever bump was coming has been here and is long gone by now. We should have a good year if the team does well on the field but it's not going to be because of any bump from our 2010 national championship.

That bump keeps getting pushed back. I've watched it go from '11 to '12 to '13 and now '14. My guess is that whatever bump was coming has been here and is long gone by now. We should have a good year if the team does well on the field but it's not going to be because of any bump from our 2010 national championship.

'11 was a myth that my research I posted on AE a few years ago busted. My research showed that the 4th recruiting class after a Natty got the bump. It shows how important relationships are. Link

I'm with Mikey on this one. Whatever momentum we got out of the champioship is long gone. Different coaching staff....championship might as well have been ten years ago.

I'm with Mikey on this one. Whatever momentum we got out of the champioship is long gone. Different coaching staff....championship might as well have been ten years ago.

Excluding bama, we are the only National Champs in the past 4 years.

'11 was a myth that my research I posted on AE a few years ago busted. My research showed that the 4th recruiting class after a Natty got the bump. It shows how important relationships are. Link

So kids that were in the 8th grade in 2010 are the ones most influenced by our NC that year? Sorry, your research to the contrary, that isn't reasonable. If relationships are so important, fuggetit. We've had to start all over since those coaches, except for Gus, are long gone.

There is no way we get some "bump" from our 2010 NC in 2014 recruiting except for whatever bump we may have already got in '11,'12 and '13 due to the name "Auburn" being mentioned more than normal. That's all gone by now.

It was way too late for the 2011 class by then. I think the answer lies in between E and Mikey. While the lack of on the field success and coaching change would normally have canceled out any bump, the fact that Gus is now back and getting the actual credit he always deserved for 2010 makes this the most logical year for a bump in our post BCSNC recruiting classes if we are to recieve one.. Chiz and Co. were all set to recieve at least a small bump last year but we know how that went.

Bump or no bump a top 10 should be expected. Besides what more could this "bump" bring? So bama gave RF more "family support" - we still landed monty and lawson. Eddie Goldman is the biggest name I can think of that we lost in a legit recuiting battle.

So kids that were in the 8th grade in 2010 are the ones most influenced by our NC that year? Sorry, your research to the contrary, that isn't reasonable. If relationships are so important, fuggetit. We've had to start all over since those coaches, except for Gus, are long gone.

There is no way we get some "bump" from our 2010 NC in 2014 recruiting except for whatever bump we may have already got in '11,'12 and '13 due to the name "Auburn" being mentioned more than normal. That's all gone by now.

Agreed

It was way too late for the 2011 class by then. I think the answer lies in between E and Mikey. While the lack of on the field success and coaching change would normally have canceled out any bump, the fact that Gus is now back and getting the actual credit he always deserved for 2010 makes this the most logical year for a bump in our post BCSNC recruiting classes if we are to recieve one.. Chiz and Co. were all set to recieve at least a small bump last year but we know how that went.

And BINGO was his name O.

And BINGO was his name O.

;)

Ok i'll give you that having Gus as the coach will help with offensive recruits. And since Gus was our OC during 2010 you could make the connection that the chapioinship will help. I don't agree with that connection but it could be made and unless each recruit gets asked "so did AU winning a championship in 2010 effect your decision" we'll never really know. I'll still contend that there is no way we get a "bump" in recruiting this year due to the 2010 championship.

Ok i'll give you that having Gus as the coach will help with offensive recruits. And since Gus was our OC during 2010 you could make the connection that the chapioinship will help. I don't agree with that connection but it could be made and unless each recruit gets asked "so did AU winning a championship in 2010 effect your decision" we'll never really know. I'll still contend that there is no way we get a "bump" in recruiting this year due to the 2010 championship.

There is more of a "bump" from winning one in 2010 than there would be from not winning one. This 2010 NC "bump" just gives Gus some cred that he lead AU to the NC game under his offense not Chizik. However this "bump" will not mean a dang thing if we don't have a good season this fall. We need to show recruits we can get the job done on the field and that will make a difference in recruiting and will justify and validate the "bump". And we will need to focus and work hard to put us into position go get another "bump" down the road.

Live by the "bump" die by the "bump".

The "bump" I want to see is the one that Gus puts on the side of Nick's head!

We have had good recruiting class since the championship on paper. Not to sure how much more of a bump these classes can get. What we need now is players to play and coaches to coach. Those stars don't translate into wins as I'm sure everyone knows.WDE

We have had good recruiting class since the championship on paper. Not to sure how much more of a bump these classes can get. What we need now is players to play and coaches to coach. Those stars don't translate into wins as I'm sure everyone knows.WDE

Well they definitely don't make it harder to win but great coaches produce great players consistently, great players don't produce great coaches consistently.

R O C ‏@El_GoldenChild16h

What's your favorite college up to this point — Ummm.. I got 3 Bama, AU, and Ole Miss http://ask.fm/a/355flkjc

Okay, that does not include thUGA, which could change but I like it. Ole Miss kinda concerns me. We need to show out this year!

Archived