2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

Is it wrong that i have completely written this guy off as a bama lock simply because he goes to Oxford?

It is if you're an AU coach. However, for the rest of us who have no control over the recruiting process, it might be less heart-wrenching if we don't get our hopes up (at least until we have more tangible signs that we lead).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw Roc the other day tried to get a feel for where we stand. He likes us,bama and LSU. I played with his dad in high school and he was a bruiser. I tried to explain that the road to the NFL goes thru The Plains as well. Got a smile out of that. Keep working him Gus. He wants to be shown love and playing time

Bama will have 9 RB's on the roster for the 2013 season (assuming none get processed) so I am thinking they will at least need 3 more for the 2014 class.

Bama will have 9 RB's on the roster for the 2013 season (assuming none get processed) so I am thinking they will at least need 3 more for the 2014 class.

8 RBs. Lacy went pro.

Is it wrong that i have completely written this guy off as a bama lock simply because he goes to Oxford?

One day soon we'll stop conceding players to bammer! Things have to change eventually, why not NOW?!?! If signing day was today, I'd say 99.999% that's he'd commit to the tawd. Thank God we have an entire recruiting cycle to build relations with this kid & prove to him he can be just as/if not more successful on The Plains.

One day soon we'll stop conceding players to bammer! Things have to change eventually, why not NOW?!?! If signing day was today, I'd say 99.999% that's he'd commit to the tawd. Thank God we have an entire recruiting cycle to build relations with this kid & prove to him he can be just as/if not more successful on The Plains.

When Saban leaves bama will take a nose dive as far as recruiting goes, however bama will always recruit fairly well with in-state players because of the huge bama fanbase.

When Saban leaves bama will take a nose dive as far as recruiting goes, however bama will always recruit fairly well with in-state players because of the huge bama fanbase.

Depends on who replaces him.

Really it doesn't. Name 2 coaches that could follow behind him and maintain the momentum they have right now. I can't name one, because there isn't one.

Really it doesn't. Name 2 coaches that could follow behind him and maintain the momentum they have right now. I can't name one, because there isn't one.

I never said they would be at the same pace. Nova said they would take a nose dive which is far fetched for them to make that much of a drop. Any descent coach will have them recruiting in the teens in terms of rankings. To me mose dive means the same as goes to pot.

Not necessarily a UAT lock, but remember the "anywhere but Auburn" stance that is prevalent in Oxford, among other places. Quon Alexander from Oxford to LSU ring a bell?

I never said they would be at the same pace. Nova said they would take a nose dive which is far fetched for them to make that much of a drop. Any descent coach will have them recruiting in the teens in terms of rankings. To me mose dive means the same as goes to pot.

E is probably right, probably not a nose dive but a drop none the less, my guess would be that Kirby Smart will take over as HC if he is still around.

Oxford isnt a Bama or now where school. Just have to work th. chandler Shakespeare Oxford back is been at auburn for a few years. Keon wanted to go to AU we backed off recruiting him some after he tore his ACL

Oxford isnt a Bama or now where school. Just have to work th. chandler Shakespeare Oxford back is been at auburn for a few years. Keon wanted to go to AU we backed off recruiting him some after he tore his ACL

puzzled-man.jpg

We talk about all the running backs Bama has, but you know Nicky's going to move some of them to other positions. There's already talk that the Henry boy will most likely be a Linebacker (hell, like he needs another one of those) and there's already word that the Scarborough fellow is being recruited as a WR. So, let's not count that Bama has 8 or 9 or how many RBs on their team, because I'm sure Nicky will tell all RB recruits that they will be the ONLY ONES he'll be after that year, and their heads will swoon with visions of NFL millions.

I was never told this from 23 so I find it doubtful.

puzzled-man.jpg

Classic

If we backed off of Quon Alexander, that was the best kept secret of the entire recruiting year. Our coaches were up there visiting him right up until the last day they could do so.

If we backed off of Quon Alexander, that was the best kept secret of the entire recruiting year. Our coaches were up there visiting him right up until the last day they could do so.

Exactly.

What i meant not doubting your sources E but i live in Oxford and Kwon himself told me 2 days before signing day that they had backed off some. It was down to LSU and AU. Roc right now is saying LSU is front runner. Or atleast thats what he is saying at school. I hope we get this game changer.

Archived