2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

Honestly, if Deshaun Davis were to decommit then I highly doubt it would affect our recruiting class.

Not sure it would affect in anybody decommitting but it would definitely affect the chemistry of this class..He is by far the strongest recruiter in the class.

DD is ver much needed..... E is right

I don't want to lose anybody I don't care who it is. We have a good group comming in we need them all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice refresher. I love that video!

E, what are insiders saying about Roc now. Is he recruiting for us. Is he still visiting. Is he friends with our other key recruits?

1. As of 3 weeks ago yes. 2. no update on that. 3. Yes. I specificallu know of Tre, Deshaun, and emerging with Sean White, Also tight with Rashaan Evans.

I saw in another thread where some people had Tre, D'haquille W. and Roc at the top of their lists of kids they wanted to remain in the class. It's easy to pick the 3 highest-rated kids and say they're the most important- granted, they all do play positions of need- but it seems like Deshaun Davis is cozy with every recruit in the class. Maybe that's just in my head, but he seems as important to this class as anybody else.

Sorry for the threadjack. I'm beyond excited to have Roc on board.

Not to threadjack but

1) Dhaquille Williams is an absolute need at WR. Have you seen our WRs this year? No consistency... Marcus Davis has shown flashes and Sammie Coates has speed but i doubt either are NFL potential. This guy is NFL potential. General consensus that Williams is a one-and-done player.

2) Tre Williams- LB may be the weakest part of our team. Frost and Mckinzy are improving and Swain has shown flashes but still... we are desperate at LB.

3) Roc Thomas- another NFL potential RB. Compared to Caddy Williams. Could be a franchise player.

Honestly, if Deshaun Davis were to decommit then I highly doubt it would affect our recruiting class.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I totally agree on 2 points. Tre Williams will be a big get. Roc will be fantastic as well.

I disagree on DQ. I think he is very very good.....but I think our receivers have shown marked improvement all year and we hAve a couple of redshirts as well as Stevens on board that will be good. Bray, Ray, and others have shown ability. Next year we have Truitt coming in too. He is a different type of receiver than DQ but electric. I would like to get DQ.

Finally, Deshaun Davis is very important to this class. He is not playing this year so he is not getting much press. He is the class leader and he loves AU. He will be one of the hardest workers on the team. Recruiting experts say he is great as a coverage LB too. I think he and Tre will show out.

EDW; Burton is a very underated WR and will give us a sure handed chain mover for a few years. And Truitt is another weapon as well.

Roc is a RB of the talent level that Gus has not had in many years, maybe since McFadden at Arky.

I love what I see from Roc, but I will say that Mike Dyer was very, very, very talented. A mess off the field, but he was a wonderful player.

I would hope that Roc steps in and gets meaningful carries right off the bat. He could very well become a featured back, but I believe he will appreciate how the coaches have utilized our RB rotation this year. Like our D-line, by rotating them in an out, they can remain fresh throughout the game. A RB prospect should seek a program that protects them through college (Leaving plenty of tread on the tires for the NFL). An NFL GM has got to think twice on wasting a high draft pick on the damaged products coming out of Alabama's backfield.

It is baffling how bad Trent Richardson has been. He was great in college. Better than Ingram (how in the world did that guy win the Heisman? I mean, looking back, it's completely ridiculous). He's just bad in the NFL. Donald Brown should start for the Colts.

Eddie Lacy looks pretty good though.

It is baffling how bad Trent Richardson has been. He was great in college. Better than Ingram (how in the world did that guy win the Heisman? I mean, looking back, it's completely ridiculous). He's just bad in the NFL. Donald Brown should start for the Colts.

Winning the Heisman has rarely been an indicator of pro succes. Back to Roc. He is having a big season and I predict he leads Oxford to a huge upset of #2 Bob Jones in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the next few weeks.

Winning the Heisman has rarely been an indicator of pro succes. Back to Roc. He is having a big season and I predict he leads Oxford to a huge upset of #2 Bob Jones in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the next few weeks.

E, Roc's stats are improving week to week since he is healthy. Do you know how many yds he has gained rushing th eball this year?

If I were Auburn and Roc wanted to talk about the NFL, I'd point out how many checks have been cashed by: Heath Evans, Rudi, Cadillac, Ronnie, and Ben Tate. You make more money by sticking around the NFL than you do by landing in the first round. Ingram, in particular, looks like a guy that could be out of the league in a year. He has 17 carries for less than 2 yards a carry this year while nursing an injured toe.

For all the bluster of Alabama's great success at RB, they don't have a lot to show for it in the NFL. If they want to hype the draft picks, I'd seriously question whether they actually put those RBs in a position to succeed once they reach the NFL.

Is Roc better than Mason? If he is we are in fine shape for the future because Mason is been outstanding. Who would he compare to?

I would hope that Roc steps in and gets meaningful carries right off the bat. He could very well become a featured back, but I believe he will appreciate how the coaches have utilized our RB rotation this year. Like our D-line, by rotating them in an out, they can remain fresh throughout the game. A RB prospect should seek a program that protects them through college (Leaving plenty of tread on the tires for the NFL). An NFL GM has got to think twice on wasting a high draft pick on the damaged products coming out of Alabama's backfield.

I just believe a redshirt would be best for the kid, but I'm a little more redshirt happy than most other fans tend to be.

But the backfield will be too deep next year in my opinion for him to get the amount of carries that would justify him not redshirting.

However the year after next we lose CAP Grant and Mason so it'll be time for Roc to explode onto the scene

E, Roc's stats are improving week to week since he is healthy. Do you know how many yds he has gained rushing th eball this year?

1,445 yards and 24 touchdowns on 149 carries. That's 8.65 yards per carry. The way Roc is running he can get to 200 by the second round of the playoffs.

Is Roc better than Mason? If he is we are in fine shape for the future because Mason is been outstanding. Who would he compare to?

Roc ha more raw ability than Tre. What we don't know yet is if Roc has Tre's heart and desire. Roc is a more upright Caddy 2.0

1,445 yards and 24 touchdowns on 149 carries. That's 8.65 yards per carry. The way Roc is running he can get to 200 by the second round of the playoffs.

I agree. Roc is having a great year.

Roc ha more raw ability than Tre. What we don't know yet is if Roc has Tre's heart and desire. Roc is a more upright Caddy 2.0

Is agree with the Caddy comparison. My other thought is Barry Sanders. Interesting thought on heart, but based on Rocs injuries this year and the way he has come back strong from it and also the way he was willing to play through the injuries, I would guess he has a lot of heart.

Is agree with the Caddy comparison. My other thought is Barry Sanders. Interesting thought on heart, but based on Rocs injuries this year and the way he has come back strong from it and also the way he was willing to play through the injuries, I would guess he has a lot of heart.

Agreed. Just don't know if it's on Tre's level.

He is having a very good game tonight.

Jeff Sentell ‏@JeffSentell_ 9m

E3Q: Roc Thomas now has 278 yards on 25 carries. 3 TDs. Oxford 35, No. 10 Spain Park 21. #alpreps

ABC 33/40 News ‏@abc3340 14s

Blitz GOW: Oxford RB Roc Thomas rushes 85 yards for TD, 2-pt conversion good. Oxford 49, Spain Park 35 4:23 4Q. #alfb

Archived