2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OXFORD, Ala. | Oxford (Ala.) Rivals100 running back Racean Thomas was officially honored as an Under Armour All-American on Friday afternoon.

Thomas is the nation's No. 7 running back and No. 57 overall prospect.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Thomas admits unlike many elite high school players, he didn't grow up watching the Under Armour game. HE simply loves football and is humbled by the experience that awaits him.

"I don't think I even thought about it growing up. I just have a love of football and played the game," said Thomas. "It made me feel good."

Thomas missed considerable time during the first three games due to various injuries, but has turned his game on in a big way since. With the regular season complete, Thomas has rushed for 1,854 yards and 29 touchdowns on 181 carries.

That's an average of 185.4 yards per game and 10.2 yards per carry.

"I have different combinations whoever we're playing against," Thomas said regarding his running style. "If they have a fast defensive line, I have to step up my speed a little bit. If they have a big defensive line, I have to be patient."

Last time out, Thomas made headlines throughout the state rushing for 409 yards and five touchdowns. Thomas' size, ability to cut, speed to pull away and downright hatred of being tackled have drawn comparisons to one of the state of Alabama's greatest tailbacks.

Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams, who earned All-American honors at Auburn and went on to be drafted No. 5 overall in the 2005 NFL Draft.

"It's a great comparison. I think he's a great running back and it's an honor to be compared to him," Thomas said.

Thomas committed to Auburn in August and hasn't looked back. The Tigers steady climb up the national rankings, 8-1 record and rushing attack that produces 306 yards per game have only strengthened his pledge.

"I'm still 100 percent committed," he said. "They're having a great season. They've only lost one game and that's great because they've turned it all around. Gus Malzahn has turned the program around. I feel great.

"I look froward to getting better as a player and person. Gus Malzahn will transform me into a great player. I like the coaching staff, that made me feel like I was family from the get-go. They were honest the whole time. I talk to the coaches every day."

Twitter: @JHokanson

- See more at: http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1572473#sthash.O3h2h0KR.dpuf

OXFORD, Ala. | Oxford (Ala.) Rivals100 running back Racean Thomas was officially honored as an Under Armour All-American on Friday afternoon.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Thomas admits unlike many elite high school players, he didn't grow up watching the Under Armour game. HE simply loves football and is humbled by the experience that awaits him.

"I don't think I even thought about it growing up. I just have a love of football and played the game," said Thomas. "It made me feel good."

Thomas missed considerable time during the first three games due to various injuries, but has turned his game on in a big way since. With the regular season complete, Thomas has rushed for 1,854 yards and 29 touchdowns on 181 carries.

"I have different combinations whoever we're playing against," Thomas said regarding his running style. "If they have a fast defensive line, I have to step up my speed a little bit. If they have a big defensive line, I have to be patient."

Last time out, Thomas made headlines throughout the state rushing for 409 yards and five touchdowns. Thomas' size, ability to cut, speed to pull away and downright hatred of being tackled have drawn comparisons to one of the state of Alabama's greatest tailbacks.

Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams, who earned All-American honors at Auburn and went on to be drafted No. 5 overall in the 2005 NFL Draft.

"It's a great comparison. I think he's a great running back and it's an honor to be compared to him," Thomas said.

Thomas committed to Auburn in August and hasn't looked back. The Tigers steady climb up the national rankings, 8-1 record and rushing attack that produces 306 yards per game have only strengthened his pledge.

"I'm still 100 percent committed," he said. "They're having a great season. They've only lost one game and that's great because they've turned it all around. Gus Malzahn has turned the program around. I feel great.

"I look froward to getting better as a player and person. Gus Malzahn will transform me into a great player. I like the coaching staff, that made me feel like I was family from the get-go. They were honest the whole time. I talk to the coaches every day."

- See more at: http://auburn.rivals...h.O3h2h0KR.dpuf

I love Roc's comments about Auburn, Gus and his future development under Gus.

War Eagle !

- See more at: http://auburn.rivals...h.O3h2h0KR.dpuf

I love Roc's comments about Auburn, Gus and his future development under Gus.

War Eagle !

I have been wanting to see something from Roc. Great news for us.

That should ease the minds of those who worry that Roc is a shaky verbal. War Eagle Roc! Time to make the next generation AU rb's want to be compared to yau!

Roc ran for 186 yards last night and 3 TDs on 22 carries. For the season Roc has 2,094 yards and 31 TDs on 206 carries. That's 190.3 yards a game and 10 yards per carry. Just think how good those numbers would be if Roc was not hurt the first 3 games.

Who did roc play against last night?

Tusc. County. He has Bob Jones next Friday. Could be 1st to 50 wins that game.

E- where is the Oxford/ Bob Jones going to be played?

Bob Jones is home team per playoff bracket at ahsaa.com

Correct and if Oxford wins, and I think they will, their 3rd round game will be at home no matter who wins the Vestavia-Bessemer City game.

E, Pops, Dixie, or anyone really....I am sure you all saw the Roc interview that was recently posted that he said really nice things about GM and AU. I would love to hear if this was new news to you all as well as get your thoughts on ROC being 100% committed to AU regardless of what happens with Bammers recruiting. Thx...I will hang up and listen.

E, Pops, Dixie, or anyone really....I am sure you all saw the Roc interview that was recently posted that he said really nice things about GM and AU. I would love to hear if this was new news to you all as well as get your thoughts on ROC being 100% committed to AU regardless of what happens with Bammers recruiting. Thx...I will hang up and listen.

Roc is an incredibly "together" kid and almost gets annoyed at the flip questions. I have heard NOTHING to think he won't be in Orange & Blue next year.

Roc is an incredibly "together" kid and almost gets annoyed at the flip questions. I have heard NOTHING to think he won't be in Orange & Blue next year.

:hellyeah:

Archived