2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

E, Pops, Dixie, or anyone really....I am sure you all saw the Roc interview that was recently posted that he said really nice things about GM and AU. I would love to hear if this was new news to you all as well as get your thoughts on ROC being 100% committed to AU regardless of what happens with Bammers recruiting. Thx...I will hang up and listen.

Roc is an incredibly "together" kid and almost gets annoyed at the flip questions. I have heard NOTHING to think he won't be in Orange & Blue next year.

Pops, thanks. He is going to be very special. In the UT game the announcers made the point that AUs team speed was a big difference. We need to keep recruiting speed! Roc has it, Truitt has it.....others?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E- where is the Oxford/ Bob Jones going to be played?

Bob Jones is home team per playoff bracket at ahsaa.com

Correct and if Oxford wins, and I think they will, their 3rd round game will be at home no matter who wins the Vestavia-Bessemer City game.

Thanks. I'll try to catch the game then and fill everyone in

E, Pops, Dixie, or anyone really....I am sure you all saw the Roc interview that was recently posted that he said really nice things about GM and AU. I would love to hear if this was new news to you all as well as get your thoughts on ROC being 100% committed to AU regardless of what happens with Bammers recruiting. Thx...I will hang up and listen.

Roc is an incredibly "together" kid and almost gets annoyed at the flip questions. I have heard NOTHING to think he won't be in Orange & Blue next year.

^^^^THIS times a 1000. Bama shot themselves in the foot with Roc and will live to regret it.

^^^^THIS times a 1000. Bama shot themselves in the foot with Roc and will live to regret it.

It will be so cool to see Roc suited up for his first game as a Tiger. Special.

Pops, thanks. He is going to be very special. In the UT game the announcers made the point that AUs team speed was a big difference. We need to keep recruiting speed! Roc has it, Truitt has it.....others?

Prior to Roc committing, his coach had taken him for an unofficial to see sabear. Sabear put pressure on him to commit that day and was an arrogant you know what. It REALLY turned him off. So much so that it was pretty much the deciding factor in a way. If you remember he made an impromptu trip to Auburn and committed shortly after. IMO he is as solid as anyone we have.

JFD; you asked about speed and we are recruiting it at all positions. Even on the DL, Thornton and Kennion are both very quick for their size as well. It is certainly a theme IYAM.

Prior to Roc committing, his an assistant coach had taken him for an unofficial to see sabear. Sabear put pressure on him to commit that day and was an arrogant you know what. It REALLY turned him off. So much so that it was pretty much the deciding factor in a way. If you remember he made an impromptu trip to Auburn and committed shortly after. IMO he is as solid as anyone we have.

JFD; you asked about speed and we are recruiting it at all positions. Even on the DL, Thornton and Kennion are both very quick for their size as well. It is certainly a theme IYAM.

Just wanted to clarify there. Even though the HC is a Bama fan he has been open and thought Auburn was the best place for Roc.

Prior to Roc committing, his coach had taken him for an unofficial to see sabear. Sabear put pressure on him to commit that day and was an arrogant you know what. It REALLY turned him off. So much so that it was pretty much the deciding factor in a way. If you remember he made an impromptu trip to Auburn and committed shortly after. IMO he is as solid as anyone we have.

I am happy to hear this. Their is no substitute for speed, esp in skill positions.

Prior to Roc committing, his an assistant coach had taken him for an unofficial to see sabear. Sabear put pressure on him to commit that day and was an arrogant you know what. It REALLY turned him off. So much so that it was pretty much the deciding factor in a way. If you remember he made an impromptu trip to Auburn and committed shortly after. IMO he is as solid as anyone we have.

Just wanted to clarify there. Even though the HC is a Bama fan he has been open and thought Auburn was the best place for Roc.

Tis true!

E, you are a man for what you do. I love to hate recruiting or the other way around. I know you are a true AU man and I do not envy you having to follow recruiting. Makes me mad every time a read a story.

Who did roc play against last night?

Tusc. County. He has Bob Jones next Friday. Could be 1st to 50 wins that game.

I am going to be there and very much look forward to seeing Roc for the first time. I'll be bundled up in my warmest AU gear of course. :)

I am going to be there and very much look forward to seeing Roc for the first time. I'll be bundled up in my warmest AU gear of course. :)

In that case it is your job to make sure nothing happens to Roc! The future of AU Football is in your hands, no pressure.

In that case it is your job to make sure nothing happens to Roc! The future of AU Football is in your hands, no pressure.

Well, with that kind of pressure and seeing that it's pretty wet up here this evening, I may just have to cancel this thing. Don't want a pulled hammy due to field conditions and have to deal with you later because of it. Your a pretty big boy. :laugh:

Oxford falls to BJHS. Tough night to watch much less play. Roc had about a 50 yard TD run that was really sweet. Bad news is he did get hurt and had to be helped off the field. I have no idea as to the extent. It appeared to be an ankle or some leg issue but I can't say for certain. Great, great HS career for Roc and I look forward to seeing him in action at AU next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for Roc. We all knew he was a 5 star before his senior year even started. I would love to know what his thoughts were on all the events Saturday

Archived