2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

If I am top notch running back and both Auburn and the turds are after me I would definitely be interested in AU. Bama is already stocked at RB and you know you are going to get your shot at carrying the ball if yu prove your worth.

I think uat has some decent backs but they are far from stacked. TJ was not nearly as good as advertised. Tre was a much better runner. Look at the yards Grant and CAP got with just a few carries. We had 4 six hundred plus yard rushers. Some leading rushers on SEC teams did not have much more than 600 yards. If I am a big time back I would rather be a backup RB for a Gus offense than a leading rusher for most of the other teams. JMHO. WDE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure yeldon averaged over six yards per carry. I think he has lived up to his billing. Yes, Tre was better this year but Yeldon had a productive year.

Pretty sure yeldon averaged over six yards per carry. I think he has lived up to his billing. Yes, Tre was better this year but Yeldon had a productive year.

Yeldon was good this year. He is a good back. Considering he was a 5 star kid with tons of hype and a good freshman year, he performed well this year but not great.

On the other hand, Tre was a 4 Star kid, and has far exceeded what anyone thought he could be. He has surpassed Yeldon in the college back category.

Again. Let's stay om Roc. We had a Yeldon clean up on this thread a few days ago. There are other threads on him where he can be discussed.

Again. Let's stay om Roc. We had a Yeldon clean up on this thread a few days ago. There are other threads on him where he can be discussed.

:lmao:

Can;t wait for Roc to get here!

How many carries per game do you think Roc will get next year. I Think he will see about 7 per game. Towards the end of the season, if he is showing out big time, he will get more. Can't wait for him to be in Orange and Blue.

How many carries per game do you think Roc will get next year. I Think he will see about 7 per game. Towards the end of the season, if he is showing out big time, he will get more. Can't wait for him to be in Orange and Blue.

With Grant, CAP, and from what I hear the stellar Peyton not sure he cracks the line-up every game if he does then he is a superstar, just saying. I expect CAP will surprise next season as well

With Grant, CAP, and from what I hear the stellar Peyton not sure he cracks the line-up every game if he does then he is a superstar, just saying. I expect CAP will surprise next season as well

CAP won't be a surprise to me....everything I've seen tells me he is ready for the big time....just had the misfortune of playing behind a superstar. Nonetheless...he had great stats and apparently is not a bad pass receiver too.

I will not be surprised by CAP at all next year too. He can definitely run the ball.

Odds of Bama prying Roc away just severely diminished. If recruits care about clear paths to playing time, Derrick Henry's show against OU, where he basically took TJ Yeldon's job on national tv, combined with Tre declaring for the draft all but seals this one up.

Odds of Bama prying Roc away just severely diminished. If recruits care about clear paths to playing time, Derrick Henry's show against OU, where he basically took TJ Yeldon's job on national tv, combined with Tre declaring for the draft all but seals this one up.

I would have to think you are correct on that one. I don't think there was much to worry about before, but what little was there is gone.

I am excited we are getting Roc. He will be awesome in our offense. It will be fun to watch. I hope we get enough DB's to allow Ford to play offense too. Roc at tIlback, Ford and Grant in the sweep position. Amazing. I am hearing that coaches feel Barber is the real deal too.

Remember,'we basically stole Barber late last year from Tennessee.

I am excited we are getting Roc. He will be awesome in our offense. It will be fun to watch. I hope we get enough DB's to allow Ford to play offense too. Roc at tIlback, Ford and Grant in the sweep position. Amazing. I am hearing that coaches feel Barber is the real deal too.

Barber flipped from Ole Miss to Auburn.

Barber flipped from Ole Miss to Auburn.

Barber did go with Carl Lawson to UT a couple times though late in the year.

CAP and Grant are gone after next year so I'd consider redshirting Roc, especially with Peyton and Rudy Ford waiting in the wing already too.

Pops, Bird, or WDEWDE will have to verify this but It's my suspiscion that I don't think the staff pland to RS Roc next year.

CAP and Grant are gone after next year so I'd consider redshirting Roc, especially with Peyton and Rudy Ford waiting in the wing already too.

Pops, Bird, or WDEWDE will have to verify this but It's my suspiscion that I don't think the staff pland to RS Roc next year.

I would not redshirt Roc. These days, you typically do not Redshirt your most talented players very often. Like Tre, many leave after 3 years at the school, so we will want to get our three years of playing out of him. Not just two years, plus the redshirt.

Someone asked Roc on Twitter if he was redshirting and he said no, so obviously the coaches had told him to expect some playing time next year.

Someone asked Roc on Twitter if he was redshirting and he said no, so obviously the coaches had told him to expect some playing time next year.

To be honest I think combining this with Tre's greatness is why Tre got so many carries this year. To lock in Roc and to help Tre's draft stock as much as possible

No way Roc redshirts this year IF his ankle/knee is 100%.

To be honest I think combining this with Tre's greatness is why Tre got so many carries this year. To lock in Roc and to help Tre's draft stock as much as possible

Agree. They went with the hot hand and further shows what good running backs can do at Auburn with Gus. You can get touches and numbers.

Archived