2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

That apparently came from a quote from Roc's coach to AUC....that's what I read.

It originated from another premium area. Let's try to follow AUF rules and keep premium stuff off AUF please.

What I saw cam from an Auburn related tweet. Apologies if I broke a rule.

No worries. Please always paste a tweet if that is where you find some info. Makes my job much much easier. I had already done a twitter search but could not find that before my OP.

Word....I had the same problem. I saw the tweet, came in to post it if noone else had, then couldn't find the dang tweet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That apparently came from a quote from Roc's coach to AUC....that's what I read.

It originated from another premium area. Let's try to follow AUF rules and keep premium stuff off AUF please.

What I saw cam from an Auburn related tweet. Apologies if I broke a rule.

No worries. Please always paste a tweet if that is where you find some info. Makes my job much much easier. I had already done a twitter search but could not find that before my OP.

Also posted on the free Scout board.

There was a poster on the Scout board who was adamant that we'd lost Roc to the turds after kiffen's visit. He stated that he was close friends with an Oxford coach who'd relayed this info. He said "this is no joke...Roc has flipped". The poster has since partially retracted the statement but it makes me wonder what happened to make him post it.

There was a poster on the Scout board who was adamant that we'd lost Roc to the turds after kiffen's visit. He stated that he was close friends with an Oxford coach who'd relayed this info. He said "this is no joke...Roc has flipped". The poster has since partially retracted the statement but it makes me wonder what happened to make him post it.

All I can say is Oyy-vey!

All I can say is Oyy-vey!

Ummm....Oyy-Vey to the notion that Roc has flipped?

Ugh!!!! This is the part of recruiting that is hard to take (the poor rumors that have no truth to them)....but I still love recruiting!

Per AuburnSports.com facebook post ...

New Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin visited Oxford High School on Thursday to check in on Auburn five-star RB commit Racean Thomas. How'd that visit go? One source says Kiffin was told, "you're wasting your time." http://auburn.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=423&tid=170364769&mid=170364769&sid=884&style=2

Dude! You are dealing with bammers. They post their daydreams as fact. Just look at the bogus national championships they claim.

Can't blame LK...need to be seen around the school, meet the coaches, etc....next time he might get someone from there....all part of the sales campaign...which is a long term strategy.

Don't think he ever expected to just drop into a school and flip a long time recruit...but he has to start somewhere and Roc gives him an excuse to start building bridges at Oxford.

Can't blame LK...need to be seen around the school, meet the coaches, etc....next time he might get someone from there....all part of the sales campaign...which is a long term strategy.

Don't think he ever expected to just drop into a school and flip a long time recruit...but he has to start somewhere and Roc gives him an excuse to start building bridges at Oxford.

Must have LK fan in the house. Lol

Must have LK fan in the house. Lol

no ..but I understand salesmanship....and apparently some folks don't

There is also a lot of speculation that Bo Scarborough is not going to qualify......which would mean no RBs for Bama this year.

IMO Lane has soured his reputation in the Southeast and the West. I don't think he will have near the effectiveness he had as the head coach at TN.

IMO Lane has soured his reputation in the Southeast and the West. I don't think he will have near the effectiveness he had as the head coach at TN.

Agree....he just has to hope that the "bama" label makes people forget what an a** he is. Then again, look at his wife...he must be a hell of a salesman to convince her he was worth marrying...or staying with.

Congrats to Roc having 200 pages now!! I can't wait to see Roc in Orange and Blue. He has to have one of the best Football names ever!

There is also a lot of speculation that Bo Scarborough is not going to qualify......which would mean no RBs for Bama this year.

I'll believe that when I see it. I guarantee you that they will somehow get Humphrey and Scarborough qualified.

I'll believe that when I see it. I guarantee you that they will somehow get Humphrey and Scarborough qualified.

Regardless, they signed 4 last year including Henry. Their depth chart is a logjam. Roc will play as a freshman at AU.

^This^^ The first thing I thought when I read about LK and Roc-I thought that it wasn't, in reality, even about getting Roc to flip. I'm completely secure about Roc and I think it's evident to all where Roc is going. I think Updyke wanted to send a message that they go after anyone they want so of course they are gonna "say hi" to the newly minted Mr. Football. I'll say this, everyone on this board would be really stoked if we had a new DC who went in on the first day back on the 'cruitin trail and spoke to Bammers top guy. All about strategy in the big boy world of recruiting.

He has a great reputation with high school coaches in Florida. Look at the guys that he convinced the last couple of years to go to Southern California from Florida. It's an impressive list.

never underestimate the ignorance of some parents ... Especially if you are schmoozing them and their little special Johnny ...

As recruiting has shown over the years, next years recruits don't have a clue what Kirin did at tenn or out at USC, unless it's positive or they are a ten fan.

Archived