Dismukes, Mason, Stallworth and others speak about the upcoming season

RunInRed

Tweets from the Plains...

6797269.jpeg

Reese Dismukes, C

Auburn center Reese Dismukes says that coming off an 8-5 season, workouts have been much harder this year.

Dismukes chuckles at the idea of "voluntary" workouts during the summer. Says the team's mindset has changed.

Dismukes says the incoming freshmen are "deer in the headlights" right now.

Dismukes says he's dropped his body fat "a good bit." Says he's 290, running pretty good.

Dismukes says he expects to play at 295, 300 pounds next year.

Dismukes says Patrick Miller and Shane Callahan, both early enrollees, have progressed as well as he did last summer.

On the Rimington Award list, Dismukes says it doesn't matter, although it's an honor to be nominated.

Dismukes: "I'm ready for September 1st, I can tell you that."

@wareagleextra

6148276.jpeg

Tre Mason, RB

Tre Mason: "I'm doing my best to get the starting spot. ... Everything I can do to get a starting spot, that's what I'm going to do."

Mason says he's gotten up to 205 after playing at 190 last season

Mason: "I didn't lose any speed. I feel like I've gotten faster." Says he's run a 4.35 in the 40.

Mason on Jay Prosch: "We call him the Hulk. Whatever is in his way, he's going to smash it."

Mason: "You might see me or Onterio McCalebb out at receiver some this year."

Mason says the Chick-fil-A Bowl gave him a lot more confidence, because he knows what he can do with more carries.

Mason says Kiehl Frazier "has turned into a great quarterback. The way he dominated in high school, that's how he's dominating now."

Mason: "Kiehl's really standing up big as a team captain."...

Mason says incoming WR Ricardo Louis has really jumped out in offseason drills. Says Louis is really quick off the ball.

Mason also has praise for tight end Ricky Parks, another incoming freshman.

More Mason on Frazier: "We told him, we won't win unless he steps up as a team leader. He's really taken that in, and getting really focused.

Mason also said Frazier's gotten a lot more vocal in offseason workouts this year.

@wareagleextra

5543240.jpeg

Travante Stallworth, WR

Asked about his goals for his senior year, Travante Stallworth mentions only wins and bowl games, nothing about catches.

Stallworth says his season was frustrating, but he had to do what the coaching staff wanted.

Stallworth: "I want to show people that small doesn't mean anything."

Stallworth expects to play all over the field in Loeffler's new offense. Sometimes he'll be outside, sometimes he'll be in the slot.

@wareagleextra

Mason says Kiehl Frazier "has turned into a great quarterback. The way he dominated in high school, that's how he's dominating now."

Good to hear..

I really thought that Stallworth was going to have a great season last year after his performance in the Utah St game. He never really made a lot of noise after that. I hope 2012 is his break-out season!

Good to hear..

Agreed, this is good to hear. Let's hope we see this on the field onc e the season starts.

Archived