Derrick Green

RunInRed

I can see him coming. He will be the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Derrick Green was paying attention to the Baylor v UCLA game last night as those Baylor RBs racked up over 300 yards rushing in a Gus style offense.

And that true freshmen have opportunities to flourish in his system.

I hope Derrick Green was paying attention to the Baylor v UCLA game last night as those Baylor RBs racked up over 300 yards rushing in a Gus style offense.

Not really Gus style. Blocking schemes are vastly different. DG would do good in Malzahn's Power Open Winning (POW) offense.

Not really Gus style. Blocking schemes are vastly different. DG would do good in Malzahn's Power Open Winning (POW) offense.

I like it!

I want this guy soooooooo bad. I hope Gus can pull him.

Me too. He is No.1. If Gus can land him Wilkins probably flips to Arky.

You and your definitions, LOL. That offense had Gus's influence written all over it, not exactly the same, but very similar. Green would do very well in Gus's HUNH offense.

I want this guy soooooooo bad. I hope Gus can pull him.

Me too. He is No.1. If Gus can land him Wilkins probably flips to Arky.

JW likely flips somewhere regardless.

You and your definitions, LOL. That offense had Gus's influence written all over it, not exactly the same, but very similar. Green would do very well in Gus's HUNH offense.

Just following CGM's lead. He can't stand being labeled a spread offense or being compared to spread teams.

Just following CGM's lead. He can't stand being labeled a spread offense or being compared to spread teams.

That's why I didn't use the word. That was a power running offense in that game that played off the QB option, play action pass, spreading out the line of scrimmage and using the HUNH. There were so many variables that UCLA was totally lost most of the game. Very effective

Anyone know how Auburn is looking right now with Derrick Green?

No. Have not heard much since the coaching change.

I was about to ask the same thing E. Wrong thread I know but are DG and/or GB (lazy way to ask about GB) still possible?

Bryant dropped Auburn right after Gus was hired. Have not heard anything on Green. It looks like Gus wants Jonathan Ford

Bryant committed to ND the other day... don't think we have much of a shot there...

He dropped Auburn a few days before committing to ND, like an hour after Gus was hired.

It isn't likely to matter but Bryant is still talking when we call

Anyone know how Auburn is looking right now with Derrick Green?

No. Have not heard much since the coaching change.

I was about to ask the same thing E. Wrong thread I know but are DG and/or GB (lazy way to ask about GB) still possible?

Bryant dropped Auburn right after Gus was hired. Have not heard anything on Green. It looks like Gus wants Jonathan Ford

Bryant committed to ND the other day... don't think we have much of a shot there...

He dropped Auburn a few days before committing to ND, like an hour after Gus was hired.

It isn't likely to matter but Bryant is still talking when we call

Just reported how things were the day Gus was gired. Bryant tweetedAuburn was out. That has obviously has changed since then.

Would rather have Green than Bryant. I don't know much about Bryant but I always felt like he was cut in the same mold as Mike Blakely in terms of playing style.

Mike Blakely is and will most likely continue to be the most talented RB on our roster regardless. Just can't wait to see if he can stop being a douche canoe and work hard

Would rather have Green than Bryant. I don't know much about Bryant but I always felt like he was cut in the same mold as Mike Blakely in terms of playing style.

Mike Blakely is and will most likely continue to be the most talented RB on our roster regardless. Just can't wait to see if he can stop being a douche canoe and work hard

+1

Everyone will call Auburn a spread team in 2013 and beyond regardless of what Gus says. We need to come up with a catch phrase to name the offense so people will not call it a spread offense, need to dumb it down a bit so the general public and broadcasters will use a different term. Like the modified pro offense or the triple pistol offense or the spread eagle offense or the WTF was that offense. It is Malzahn's baby so he can name it.

Everyone will call Auburn a spread team in 2013 and beyond regardless of what Gus says. We need to come up with a catch phrase to name the offense so people will not call it a spread offense, need to dumb it down a bit so the general public and broadcasters will use a different term. Like the modified pro offense or the triple pistol offense or the spread eagle offense or the WTF was that offense. It is Malzahn's baby so he can name it.

Ahahaha..."spread eagle"...nice.

The Triple Eagle offense, or Triple Tiger.

The Triple Eagle offense, or Triple Tiger.

Fast and Furious?

How about the Blitzkrieg?

n.

A swift, sudden military offensive, usually by combined air and mobile land forces.

[German : Blitz, lightning (from Middle High German blitze , from bliczen, to flash , from Old High German blekkazzen) + Krieg, war (from Middle High German kriec , from Old High German krēg, stubbornness).]

Archived