Derrick Green

RunInRed

Considering he is picking up the tab on that UOV, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the trip down. Easier to hold on to that promise when it doesn't cost you. Hope he makes it though

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been out of the loop for several days. Does he still plan an OV with AU?

He already had his OV to Auburn but has said he and family will may take an UOV before he makes a final decision.

FIFY. He has never said he will definitely.

The twitters said that Michigan is way out in the lead for DG.

After seeing the Meechigan RB get slammed into next year by Clowney he might reconsider

He already had his OV to Auburn but has said he and family will take an UOV before he makes a final decision.

FIFY. That's what you say, but Kkolumbo said different on this very thread which is what I was referring to. In fact, this is what you said (#1088) when KK broke the news and it sure sounded like you were hearing it for the first time along with the rest of us. So thanks anyway, but until you can get it clarified with KK, I think l'lI leave it.

snapback.pngkkolumbo, on 21 December 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

He will visit AU and the new staff with his family before deciding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snapback.pngellitor, on 21 December 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

WOW! That will be a pleasant surprise. I was irritated for the old staff using his OV up for the UGA game basically knowing they would be gone.

Ironman70, until Derrick Green has that visit scheduled, "definitely" isn't a term to describe this. KKolumbo has said that he informed the coaches that he will visit but that is similar to other players telling our coaches they will get an OV and changing their mind. It isn't until he has the ball rolling that it can be considered "definitely" especially for expensive trips

Is he going to visit or is he just having fond memories?

He will have to UOV for us to get in the mix. I am still ticked at the old staff for waisting his OV for the UGA game knowing they were likely gone.

I think the NCAA should allow kids to OV again if the entire staff gets replaced.

Ironman70, until Derrick Green has that visit scheduled, "definitely" isn't a term to describe this. KKolumbo has said that he informed the coaches that he will visit but that is similar to other players telling our coaches they will get an OV and changing their mind. It isn't until he has the ball rolling that it can be considered "definitely" especially for expensive trips

PJM, IronMan70 has posted direct quotes from this thread. If anybody in this thread needs correcting, or the obnoxious "FIFY" it ain't IronMan70.

He already had his OV to Auburn but has said he and family will take an UOV before he makes a final decision.

FIFY. That's what you say, but Kkolumbo said different on this very thread which is what I was referring to. In fact, this is what you said (#1088) when KK broke the news and it sure sounded like you were hearing it for the first time along with the rest of us. So thanks anyway, but until you can get it clarified with KK, I think l'lI leave it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! That will be a pleasant surprise. I was irritated for the old staff using his OV up for the UGA game basically knowing they would be gone.

And I know exactly where KK got it and he misquoted the original source. I later read where he got it after my post that you just quoted. The original source said Green MAY take an unofficial to Auburn. I doubt KK did that intentionally but his post was misleading. I just wanted to clarify so Auburn fans do not get false hope.

Well Derrick has been on an OV so he knows the facilities and the campus. What is missing is the relationship with the new coaches. Now that everyone is on board, can't the key coaches fly up and meet with Derrick in VA?

DG is more than likely going to be dressed in Maise and Blue for his college career so will you guy's hug and make up please? I really respect the posts of ellitor, Ironman70 and Mikey. E has been one of the most informative mods from AE for years and is usually spot on and not too quick to pull the trigger with bogus information.

I didn't use the word "definitely", Ellitor did. An important point.

And I know exactly where KK got it and he misquoted the original source. I later read where he got it after my post that you just quoted. The original source said Green MAY take an unofficial to Auburn. I doubt KK did that intentionally but his post was misleading. I just wanted to clarify so Auburn fans do not get false hope.

Well that post clarifies it and it is appreciated. All we can go by is what is posted and when 2 of you say something different in the same thread somebody needs to explain, especially when we are following a recruit closely. KK probably should have clarified his original post then because that was the information we were going by.

PJM, IronMan70 has posted direct quotes from this thread. If anybody in this thread needs correcting, or the obnoxious "FIFY" it ain't IronMan70.

Mikey, I never wrote FIFY and Ellitor was correcting information that was incorrectly mentioned on this thread. Clarification was needed but doesn't change what happened.

People can be wrong, recruits can say things they don't mean and so on. I was making the point that people were implying Derrick Green will visit and until actual scheduling has been done, especially for an UOV, people should say Derrick Green would like/wants to visit. Pretty basic

Mikey, I never wrote FIFY and Ellitor was correcting information that was incorrectly mentioned on this thread. Clarification was needed but doesn't change what happened.

People can be wrong, recruits can say things they don't mean and so on. I was making the point that people were implying Derrick Green will visit and until actual scheduling has been done, especially for an UOV, people should say Derrick Green would like/wants to visit. Pretty basic

The point Mikey is making is that you two needed to correct KK on it and/or at least mention it to posters that have relied on his information. Making no mention of it and then using the FIFY doesn't get the job done. It wasn't clarified until I pasted KK/E's post above.

Moving on.

If it comes down to running back coaches it is also a battle. Auburn now has Coach Bissacia with an impressive resume with RBs that we all know about. But, Michigan's longest tenured member of their coaching staff just happens to be their RB coach, Fred Jackson, who has been the RB coach since 1992, surviving several HC changes. In Green's final list, those two are the most impressive RB coaches. I am also hoping that the success of so many HUNH Gus "type" offenses in the bowl games made an impression on Green and helps us too. He was able to see that the RBs carried a big part of the load in those offenses.

Brady Hoke does not let his recruits take visits so if he doesn't take his UOV soon it doesn't look good

How would he have any control over that?

Some coaches will drop your offer if you commit to them and then visit other schools.

This is what Hoke does. May end up biting him in his big ole butt one day.

But Green isn't commited yet.

Archived