Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not from "up there" but i wish he would see what a giant Ohio State is fixing to be in that conference and realize he's got more of a chance to make a huge difference at Auburn. Some would argue and say the same about AU being UA's dog right now... But i see AU as a place he should see himself being a legend at. AU has the potential to be the speed team of the south. Not calling us a bigger version of Oregon but i compare what our speed of game might very well be to what the ducks have been doing the passed few years. Like i said, only bigger and just as fast.

Also Al Borgess is a great OC and we all know him well. Personality wise does anyone think he would do any negitive recruiting towards us. I kno he's been gone for a while but he knew this place pretty well. Kinda like Craig with J. Winston last year..

As far Derrick Green goes and hearing he knows where he wants to go. Maybe and just maybe Gus has got him thinking he will be a killer in his offense. Maybe he got alot of time to be around JJ at the allstar game and knows he wants to be apart of the best conference in football... And uhhh not go to Knoxville to be in the SEC of coarse.

I gotta be honest...I'm not too concerned about running back anymore. Between Mason, Grant, and Blakely, we've got tons of speed and talent, and with CAP already signed and Wilkins still on board, I think we're fine here regardless. Adding a talent like Green is always something you want to do, and he would seriously light it up (maybe even as a true freshman) in this offense, but in my mind running back is one of the lowest needs left in recruiting.

I wonder if we are courting any more all-purpose backs (APBs) now that OMac is gone?

Corn Elder, Jonathan Ford, and talked to Alvin Kamara. The plan is to sign 1 RB for the OMac/Felix position.

I wonder if we are courting any more all-purpose backs (APBs) now that OMac is gone?

Corn Elder, Jonathan Ford, and talked to Alvin Kamara. The plan is to sign 1 RB for the OMac/Felix position.

Thanks!

Last video i post tonight and off topic somewhat but i see this man feeling that role. Hope he does. He is the prime example of a man that wanted to be in AU but got blinded by the NFL hype train across the state

The 30 second mark and on remind me of some similiar O-Mac style

Thanks. Yeah, I figured Grant for our next APB. According to my provisional class breakdown, we don't have anyone to back him up at that position, though. Mason, Blakely, CAP and Wilkins are all more pure RBs, as far as I can gather. Unless Therezie was moving to APB.

I am friends with 4 star OL UGA commit Brandon Kublano. I saw him today at party where we watched the national championship. I knew he was in the Army All-American All-Star game, so I asked him if he talked to Derrick Green at all. He did, so I proceeded to ask him if he was going to Michigan or Auburn. He told me Green was going to Auburn and I trust his word. :wareagle:

I am friends with 4 star OL UGA commit Brandon Kublano. I saw him today at party where we watched the national championship. I knew he was in the Army All-American All-Star game, so I asked him if he talked to Derrick Green at all. He did, so I proceeded to ask him if he was going to Michigan or Auburn. He told me Green was going to Auburn and I trust his word. :wareagle:

Im sure your right, you saw him at a party. That has got to be legit. Sorry, I am skeptical. Hope your right though.

Well that's good news for the good guys....thanks Jared!!

Im sure your right, you saw him at a party. That has got to be legit. Sorry, I am skeptical. Hope your right though.

It was more like a church group at someones house to watch the game. So not a legit party, hope Brandon was telling me the truth

Well that's good news for the good guys....thanks Jared!!

No problem! WDE! Follow me on twitter for these kind of updates. @AuTigerUpdate

It was more like a church group at someones house to watch the game. So not a legit party, hope Brandon was telling me the truth

i would assume it is more like ... i hope derrick was telling brandon the truth (or that derrick was giving legit vibes about auburn). he seems like a quality RB.

He's a lot better than a quality back. The kid is a stud. Similar to how I viewed lattimore when he came out.

Different kind of stud. More power, a bit less agility...Anyway I got some scoop on DG. Bissaccia is all over him. and G is very interested. Although no date has been set yet Green is planning to visit Auburn. If he does then we are in very good position to get him.

He's a lot better than a quality back. The kid is a stud. Similar to how I viewed lattimore when he came out.

Different kind of stud. More power, a bit less agility...Anyway I got some scoop on DG. Bissaccia is all over him. and G is very interested. Although no date has been set yet Green is planning to visit Auburn. If he does then we are in very good position to get him.

Thanks E, great news.

Thanks E, great news.

Is there any real reason he wouldn't visit? Is he really favoring Michigan that he won't? Thanks for all the insider knowledge.

Thanks E, great news.

Is there any real reason he wouldn't visit? Is he really favoring Michigan that he won't? Thanks for all the insider knowledge.

The cost of a 4th unofficial visit may seem a bit high...and in theory may not feel he can deveop a great relationship with the staff that fast to warrant a visit. Not saying that is the case. Just possible theories to your question.

of all the recruits that auburn almost, but did not get, in the last bunch of years ... lattimore was the most dissappointing. i was very happy with dyer coming to auburn but thought lattimore had the little extra. too bad spurrier about got the kid killed. he would have benefited with someone splitting reps with him. injuries may have still happened but would not have been quite as likely.

if DG is in the same quality as lattimore, then color me impressed.

of all the recruits that auburn almost, but did not get, in the last bunch of years ... lattimore was the most dissappointing. i was very happy with dyer coming to auburn but thought lattimore had the little extra. too bad spurrier about got the kid killed. he would have benefited with someone splitting reps with him. injuries may have still happened but would not have been quite as likely.

if DG is in the same quality as lattimore, then color me impressed.

As E stated, there are SOME similarities. I would say Green may be more likely profiled a power back than Marcus and maybe not as shifty.

I just hope there is enough time to get him back to AU for an unofficial with his family.

Having 3 weeks to try and recruit is tough when most of these kids have their minds made up and visits already planned.

I just hope there is enough time to get him back to AU for an unofficial with his family.

Having 3 weeks to try and recruit is tough when most of these kids have their minds made up and visits already planned.

That reminds me, the other tidbid I got is it could go beyond NSD with DG.

That reminds me, the other tidbid I got is it could go beyond NSD with DG.

I personally think if we can get DG back for an UOV with his Family, that Coaches Malzahn and Bisaccia will close the deal. That is why I really liked to see that info you posted about Coach B just now.

Archived