Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what i've read/heard, everything has pointed to this kid going to michigan for a short while now.

Ya but there's some stuff that has been heating up lately. Someone mentioned that he may push his signing day back which would give him time to visit.

This was posted on the Scout Free board. Dunno if if it is true.

"Derrick told the Auburn Coach himself that we were not coming back for a visit," said Mrs. Green. "We have seen Auburn four or five times. The building hasn't changed, just the people in it. We are working on deciding where the next two visits will be."

"Derrick told the Auburn Coach himself that we were not coming back for a visit," said Mrs. Green. "We have seen Auburn four or five times. The building hasn't changed, just the people in it. We are working on deciding where the next two visits will be."

Sounds like we need to take a caravan of coaches to his living room and sit down with mama.

Spoke to Derrick Green earlier tonight around 8pm and I asked him if he would be visiting Auburn sometime before Signing Day and his reply was, "No". Things are very fluid though. He could change his mind later on.

I wouldn't read too much into that b/c he also said that he has visited enough to have a "great feel" for Auburn.

Auburn has a good shot with Green even if he doesn't visit again.

Hard to disagree with her logic.

Awesome. I'm from Richmond and went to Freeman. My good old Rebels played Hermitage this year. It's funny, I just drove by Hermitage over the holidays. I've wished I was back home a couple of times this season so I could go see him play.

Spoke to Derrick Green earlier tonight around 8pm and I asked him if he would be visiting Auburn sometime before Signing Day and his reply was, "No". Things are very fluid though. He could change his mind later on

I wouldn't read too much into that b/c he also said that he has visited enough to have a "great feel" for Auburn.

did he comment on our new running backs coach?

Spoke to Derrick Green earlier tonight around 8pm and I asked him if he would be visiting Auburn sometime before Signing Day and his reply was, "No". Things are very fluid though. He could change his mind later on

did he comment on our new running backs coach?

No. He didn't comment on him.

This is standard for a kid in this situation. He's been on campus and has seen the facilities. It would be strange at this point for him to make a visit back to meet the coaches. The likely thing to happen is for the offensive coaches to go visit him. So stay tuned for that.

This is standard for a kid in this situation. He's been on campus and has seen the facilities. It would be strange at this point for him to make a visit back to meet the coaches. The likely thing to happen is for the offensive coaches to go visit him. So stay tuned for that.

I agree. The only thing different is the coaches. I would also expect coach B to visit him. Sounds good to me. Hope we get him

I just hope there is enough time to get him back to AU for an unofficial with his family.

Having 3 weeks to try and recruit is tough when most of these kids have their minds made up and visits already planned.

That reminds me, the other tidbid I got is it could go beyond NSD with DG.

E, how may doe sit look like we can sign. I think we had 3 EE's, right? I hope we save space for Green. Love to have him. He will be a great back whereever he goes.

Minimum is 23 but could grow to 28 if we lose 5 players between now and August.

Will we use all of our EE slots? I'd hate to see us lose those.

What are EE slots and how does it work?

Sounds like we need to take a caravan of coaches to his living room and sit down with mama.

AU is recruiting Green as hard as anyone in the country right now. RB has been to his house as much as is allowed and talks to Derrick every day. Right now AU is equal to Michigan.

I just hope there is enough time to get him back to AU for an unofficial with his family.

Having 3 weeks to try and recruit is tough when most of these kids have their minds made up and visits already planned.

That reminds me, the other tidbid I got is it could go beyond NSD with DG.

E, how may doe sit look like we can sign. I think we had 3 EE's, right? I hope we save space for Green. Love to have him. He will be a great back whereever he goes.

Minimum is 23 but could grow to 28 if we lose 5 players between now and August.

Will we use all of our EE slots? I'd hate to see us lose those.

What are EE slots and how does it work?

Others can probably explain it better than me, but EE is Early Enrollee slots. Basically, recruiting rules allow the a school to sign 25 kids per year. If for some reason one year the school has less than 25 recruits which count toward that class, the remaining slots carry over to the next year but the must be used by a recruit who will enroll early. If not, the slots are lost.

AU counted 22 recruits toward last years class. That leaves three to carry over which are now filled. So we can now sign 25 more in this years class (assuming we stay under the 85 player max) for a total of 28. Any less than that will carry over to next year as EE slots.

So is DG better than GB?

You could make a valid argument either way...whichever of the two that commits to AU would be the best back IMO :rimshot:

.....and the other one was a back-up plan anyway.

So is DG better than GB?

You could make a valid argument either way...whichever of the two that commits to AU would be the best back IMO :rimshot:/>

never had a 'committable' offer...

So is DG better than GB?

You could make a valid argument either way...whichever of the two that commits to AU would be the best back IMO :rimshot:/>

never had a 'committable' offer...

Aaarg!! Beat me to it!

Archived