2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

I see that we (along with a laundry list of others) have offered this kid.  Is the interest mutual at all?  We've done pretty well recruiting Palm Beach County over the last few years pulling Cody Parkey, Tre Mason, Patrick Miller, and Avery Young, so I figured this guy would be a pretty plausible target.  That area tends to pump out some good talent pretty regularly so it would be nice if we establish an annual pipeline from there.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Greg-Bryant-120020;_ylt=ArYscEdujAKHcj.GsfNx8TJGPZB4

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that this is a selective screening but this kid runs for more touchdowns in this video than most 5* RBs do in their entire lifetimes!  :happydance:

WDE

aint bad either. It's like watching Ricky Williams with speed IMO...And yes Auburn has offered.

USC appears to be the early leader for Bryant.

aint bad either. It's like watching Ricky Williams with speed IMO...And yes Auburn has offered.

Put my request in for turman and call it a day

Turman seems to have that sort of "gliding speed" - long strides, and it never looks like he's running that hard, but sure enough he always seems to be pulling away from everyone else on the field. 

Very  impressive.

• 3 months later...

I am no coach nor do I mean any disrespect but watching Greg Bryant's highlight film I am just not impressed. He has great elusiveness I will give him that but no where in his video did I see him ever lower his shoulder and take a hit. I know the name of the game is to break tackles and such but high school D and college D are two different things. In his video he seems to do a little to much dancing. He has the weight and speed to run someone over why not do it. Not being able to lower the shoulder won't get the job done at the next level. Just my two cents as a couch qb.

I am no coach nor do I mean any disrespect but watching Greg Bryant's highlight film I am just not impressed. He has great elusiveness I will give him that but no where in his video did I see him ever lower his shoulder and take a hit. I know the name of the game is to break tackles and such but high school D and college D are two different things. In his video he seems to do a little to much dancing. He has the weight and speed to run someone over why not do it. Not being able to lower the shoulder won't get the job done at the next level. Just my two cents as a couch qb.

I you are talking about

then I totally disagree. There is more than 1 way to run a player over. There is the way you speak of with lowering the shoulder. Then there is the way Bryant does it which is driving his legs through tackles and using great balance. He cuts back very well and reminds me of our own Javon Robinson.

I you are talking about

then I totally disagree. There is more than 1 way to run a player over. There is the way you speak of with lowering the shoulder. Then there is the way Bryant does it which is driving his legs through tackles and using great balance. He cuts back very well and reminds me of our own Javon Robinson.

Well to each his own. I thought Dye was a better runner but like I said just my opinion.

I you are talking about

Well to each his own. I thought Dye was a better runner but like I said just my opinion.

I think Dye is better too. My one drawback with Bryant is he is an Eddie Lacy type that does not have the speed to hit the homerun.

Keep in mind that this was his sophomore film. Probably his first actual season playing running back...

Greg is a soft commitment to Okla.

If he were willing to commit to AU right now, we'd be idiots not to push for him. However I'm 1000% fine with Jordan Wilkins.

He has ridiculous vision!

Archived