2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Rich was not here long enough to have much of an impact on RB recruits.

How could you possibly say that when most of the guys we are after had little to no contact with Auburn prior to this new staff being hired...thus their "expectation" for Auburn was Bisaccia as their RB coach. The only one who had a significant relationship with Auburn already built was Green, and by most accounts he was a long-shot anyway. Barber and Ford are new targets, albeit we have an in with Ford due to him being an instate kid. Folston was only a blip on the radar and is more or less a new recruit.

This close to signing day, this absolutely hurts. Even with Horton being a fine RB coach himself, the perception is not good....ie: its a downgrade. Bisaccia got the job over Horton, any RB recruit is going to look at this and say: they just downgraded.

Your premise is incorrect. Green was not the only who had a significant relationship with the old staff. Bryant and Folston did as well. Bryant almost committed to Auburn in the summer remember. Folston's, on the other hand, was just not well publicized. Recruiting is heavily based on relationships. Rich has been here 3 weeks. That, for the most, part is not long enough to build a strong relationship when compared to teams that have been recruiting them for a year or 2. Another factor making the impact of him leaving small is the fact he is not the lead recruiter for most of the backs we are recruiting. Coach Craig or Coach Horton are. The only one Coach Rich is the lead on is Ford and I will be alot Ford OVs the final weekend if we still want a RB whether Rich is here or not. If you and IronMan want to be technical about it going from long shot to very slim on most of those backs then Rich leaving will hurt but in the Big picture of getting one or 2 of these guys versus not getting them then Rich leaving has very minimal affect on that scale. We are going to get who we are going to get whether Rich is here or not.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mention Bryant because that book looks all but closed regardless of this news. If it wasn't already completely closed, its about to be if Bisaccia leaves. I did bring up Folston. There were prior talks, but the kid never even took a visit to Auburn before this staff came on board. That is more or less a blank slate; the old staff talking to him as a ~4/5th option months ago isn't a "relationship". The rest of your post completely contradicts itself. Recruiting it all about relationships...well gee, with this staff already fighting from behind due to timing, dont you presume that losing a key member of the staff just weeks before signing day throws a HUGE wrench into the relationships that we've been trying to hastily make with these kids? We dont have time to play this horse-s*** game where we're trying to sell this experienced NFL guy as the RB coach, and then the next day he's gone and someone else is your new position coach. You are also putting far too much emphasis on placement of a "lead recruiter"...read the AL.com article on Folston, he mentions Bisaccia before he ever brings up Craig.

"said he was impressed with running backs coach Rich Bisaccia, "Coach Bisaccia is my man," Folston said.
. He then goes on to say that Craig is a "cool guy". Then you take a look at Barber who still hasn't even set up an official yet, and is supposed to be visited by Bisaccia tomorrow? WTF kind of impression is this going to leave on him if Bisaccia either takes the Cowboys job tomorrow and no-shows, or ends up visiting tomorrow but then takes the Cowboys job a few days after that? Neither outcome is rosy for Auburn's chances of securing an official visit.

To state that a brand new staff losing one of it's biggest hires just weeks into the job, ~2 weeks before signing day, isn't going to affect recruiting is ridiculous. A staff this new cant have any ****-ups this late in the game with kids that they were already way behind on. This is a ****-up.

My point remains Rich staying or going would not have a deciding factor on us getting or not getting any of the RBs we are recruiting. Any other detail besides that does not matter.

Then you take a look at Barber who still hasn't even set up an official yet, and is supposed to be visited by Bisaccia tomorrow? WTF kind of impression is this going to leave on him if Bisaccia either takes the Cowboys job tomorrow and no-shows, or ends up visiting tomorrow but then takes the Cowboys job a few days after that? Neither outcome is rosy for Auburn's chances of securing an official visit.
It does not appear to matter cuz according to his HS coach Barber shut things down yesterday after a visit with Freeze....If Rich leaves we have a very succesful RB coach in Horton that can slide right in and take his place without missing a beat. If we did not have Horton already on staff then I would be concerned as well but the fact is we do have him,

This is when you guys take it too far, neither one of you can say what does and does not matter to a recruit as far as signing. You get your information from somebody else.

This is when you guys take it too far, neither one of you can say what does and does not matter to a recruit as far as signing. You get your information from somebody else.

And what is wrong with getting info from someone else? Neither one of us is claiming to be a holy source of info...Anyway lets get back to Bryant. Anyone who wants to discuss Bisaccia'a impact or lack there of on ultimate destinations of RB recruits can PM me. We don't need to drag it any further here.

I dont believe that Elitor has EVER claimed that his his information is person to person first hand.

Nope. Just ALOT of research and a couple of descent connections.

E is very upfront about where he gets his info. On the other hand, you just thoroughly bested him in your argument. Of course it looks bad if CRB leaves...and yes, it might be deciding factor for recruits who are on the fence about which way to go. For three weeks, they've gotten calls, texts, and visits about how this stud NFL coach can help them, then all the sudden that is gone?

Stability and the ability to help players are the big issues to prove for a program on the mend like Auburn.

Now cutting to the chase, it looks like we have missed on Green, Bryant, Barber, and maybe Folston. If we get Ford as a speed back, we could be done with RB recruiting for the year. With the remaining eligibility for Mason, Grant, and Blakely, plus CAP, I think we'll be just fine if we only sign Ford this year, but a strong everydown back will be a must have in each of the next two classes.

To me right now Bryant seems to be our best option, Green seems to be going to Mich. and my guess is Tenpenny stay with Alabama. I do thing Bryant is a good fit for Gus's style of offense.

There was no one on the fence.

Supposedly Green and Folston have both had leanings...and others have claimed that Bryant and Barber considered us. If no one has been on or near the fence, these threads were all pointless.

Archived