Welcoming Auburn Eagle to AUFAMILY

RunInRed

With great excitement, today I am able to announce the next great chapter in our story: AUFAMILY is joining forces with Auburn Eagle to create the largest AU online community anywhere.

This strategic move, which has been in the works for many months, will multiply our collective member size and traffic and make us the preeminent destination for the entire Auburn Family to connect, exchange information and share our stories.

So what's next?

This Friday evening, the site will go offline as the transition process begins to migrate AE's members and content into our community. This merge effort will continue through the weekend – your patience and understanding during this time is appreciated! And Monday morning, we’ll be back open for business and ready to kickoff the 2012 season!

A couple of notes...

We realize some of you are already registered members in both places. Such accounts will be handled as following during the migration process:

• If the Email Addresses of the accounts match, then your Auburn Eagle username will be automatically merged into the member that's already in AUFAMILY.
  • If your Username is the same in both places, then a timestamp will be added to the end of the username coming in from Auburn Eagle's board. For example, if your name is AuburnFan on both boards, then the one coming in would be renamed to AuburnFan335758400 (or something similar).

Manual member name cleanup will be handled post-merger through request: admin@aufamily.com

So please join me in welcoming Auburn Eagle to the AUFAMILY! And strap in for the ride and hang on tight, good just got great and even bigger things are on the horizon.

War Eagle!

185445_447235935299829_894784090_n.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't mean you'll be adopting their ridiculously heavy-handed moderation does it?

Our long-standing Board Rules which have served us well for 10+ years will remain in place.

This doesn't mean you'll be adopting their ridiculously heavy-handed moderation does it?

Our long-standing Board Rules which have served us well for 10+ years will remain in place.

That's a relief.

Not unless you wear a I love Woody Hayes hat. :wavey:

Welcome to the family all the new folks.

Not unless you wear a I love Woody Hayes hat. :wavey:

Welcome to the family all the new folks.

No worries about me wearing a "Woody" hat. My brother's the tOSU grad, not me. :)

Thanks for the welcome here, but I'm not an AE guy. I'd managed to get banned a couple times over there, hence the question about heavy-handed moderation.

AUsome!!! Great move. It's hard to keep track of so many AU sites. Sounds like a great situation.

I like it!!!! AU Family continues to grow and with the merger, it will be the largest site for the AU Family as a whole! Great move!

Pre-anouncement AE banned members who are in good standing here do not have anything to worry about.

Going forward our rules, which have been in place for quite awhile, will continue to be the law of the land.

Both sites have positives. Hopefully the merge will bring the best of both. AE could be heavy handed if you weren't pumpin the sunshine all the time, but at the same time information was pretty accurate and first to the marketplace.

Both sites have positives. Hopefully the merge will bring the best of both. AE could be heavy handed if you weren't pumpin the sunshine all the time, but at the same time information was pretty accurate and first to the marketplace.

As long as threads don't derail here as easily they do there, I'll be happy.

Pre-anouncement AE banned members who are in good standing here do not have anything to worry about.

Going forward our rules, which have been in place for quite awhile, will continue to be the law of the land.

If metafour can survive here, I'm sure I can. :yes:

Archived